7:30 PM EST : Dallas ( -3.5 ) at Brooklyn ( 3.5 ) —- T: 198.5
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -10.5 ) at Minnesota ( 10.5 ) —- T: 196.5
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 8.5 ) at New Orleans ( -8.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 10 ) at Milwaukee ( -10 ) —- T: 194.5
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 5.5 ) at Atlanta ( -5.5 ) —- T: 203
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( 8.5 ) at Phoenix ( -8.5 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 14 ) at Golden State ( -14 ) —- T: 208
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( -13 ) at LA Lakers ( 13 ) —- T: 207

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• pbr713

Rubio or MCW?

Galloway or Stuckey?

• Capone1233

Gortat been playing really well with Beal out? Still like him versus Memphis?

• landos

@bignish said...

MCW or Barton? So tough…

Why not Old El Paso it and get both?

EDIT: sorry got confused with my tacos haha

• wlynch82

@Capone1233 said...

Anyone feeling Kanter in a blowout at $4200? He can put up big points and Lakers terrible against bigs.

I replied to someone else earlier that I liked Kanter because of the blowout factor and his last game v LAL. However I looked back on all the OKC blowouts this year and there are a number where Kanter only plays 15 mins. Its really hard to get a handle on what the circumstances are where he gets a heavier load. Could be boom or bust. Gotta like the not so distant 12/19 precedent of 19 and 14 in 23 mins though.

• Ballislifeisball

Ugh. I can’t seem to find anyone better than Korver at 4600 on fd.. In terms of value and upside for Gpp anyone got any suggestions? I have looked at everyone but nervous having Korever in 3 lineups.

• Sportsfan12

Kawhi blowout factor/poppovich scare anybody?

Drummond bounce back game/worth the $?

• Capone1233

@wlynch82 said...

I replied to someone else earlier that I liked Kanter because of the blowout factor and his last game v LAL. However I looked back on all the OKC blowouts this year and there are a number where Kanter only plays 15 mins. Its really hard to get a handle on what the circumstances are where he gets a heavier load. Could be boom or bust.

They should just trade Kanter. He is so damn good offensively, but they hate his defense. Would be good on a team like Atlanta/Miami/Boston

• ScofieldReturns

thoughts on reggie jackson tonight?

• wlynch82

CJ McCollum will officially play tonight

• DFSRichard86

Fade RJax

• mellofellowsu

@Ballislifeisball said...

Ugh. I can’t seem to find anyone better than Korver at 4600 on fd.. In terms of value and upside for Gpp anyone got any suggestions? I have looked at everyone but nervous having Korever in 3 lineups.

Really? I like a number of SGs more than Korver. Bradley had a nice game vs CHA last time out. Love Afflalo if Melo sits. I will play some Ellis vs Sacramento’s horrible D. Barton’s always a good play though may be due for a letdown.

Bledsoe and Harden are always good plays but depends on where you’re saving elsewhere. I don’t have a ton of them but will be diversifying at SG quite a bit today.

• twill413

@bignish said...

MCW or Barton? So tough…

Cash, Barton due to the floor and consistency but the Nuggets are playing their 4th in 6 days and on a B2B. GPP it’s a tossup.

• frugal

@wlynch82 said...

CJ McCollum will officially play tonight

Hmmm…wonder if he’ll start at PG or SG? Probably makes Crabbe the better pick over Frazier if one were going to pick one of them.

• Sizmik

why havent i heard Monroe vs Sixers tonight? people scared of blowout? i see a 40+ spot for monroe tonight, and if the game stays close hes got some 7x potential

• Stickman731

@csandbizzle said...

This is funny, because I was going to reply with an alternative that you may want to use in cash at the same price, but couldn’t find anyone.

On DK I guess Jokic is the current best example of a cash alternative to Kanter. While Kanter scored 42 against the lakers he also had 6 against the Clippers and 13 against the Cavs

While Jokic has scored roughly 20 3 times and 35 twice in his last 5 games.

**please note I am in no way selling Jokic as a cash play I’m just illustrating how you could deduce a cash play from a GPP

I love all the strategy talk but remember two quick fouls on any of your players and your LU blows up.

That is one of the reason I stay away from a Porzingis type against physical robust teams – with a running lighter defensive team he is a great play.

• wlynch82

@frugal said...

Hmmm…wonder if he’ll start at PG or SG? Probably makes Crabbe the better pick over Frazier if one were going to pick one of them.

Tough one. I guess it comes down to whether the POR coach prefers CJ handling the ball to Frazier or if he would prefer to keep him at the 2.

• wlynch82

@frugal said...

The starting lineup should be a good indicator.

• csandbizzle

@Capone1233 said...

They should just trade Kanter. He is so damn good offensively, but they hate his defense. Would be good on a team like Atlanta/Miami/Boston

None of those teams would put up with Kanter’s defense. He’s really that bad defensively. He’s a pretty good fantasy player, but not someone you want on an NBA team. If they want to be really nice they should trade him to the Lakers or Sxers

• Stickman731

With all the strategy talk, how will MIL play without Kidd coaching?

More stable LU or does it continue?

I know it is Philadelphia but is there a good play tonight.

Your thoughts are very much appreciated.

• jstanek99

Crowder has been playing good lately. Anyone still high on him? Johnson is out and sully is probable.

• fresh56

wall or boogie?

• Sjv

Trying my luck on dk tonight.. Starting with a $5 deposit, hopefully can build it over time. Anyone find dk easier than fd or vice versa for them?

• xdan3220

@Stickman731 said...

Really no way to know what Milwaukee will be like sans Kidd. I’d imagine the rotations will be generally pretty similar as they have been. That said MCW getting 30+ minutes against that backcourt should be very solid production, if he is really lucky Brett Brown’s ridiculous rotations with Nerlens only playing 27ish minutes MCW will avoid some of Noel’s minutes since most of his scoring comes from in close where Noel could give him trouble.

• csandbizzle

@Stickman731 said...

I like Monroe and MCW tonight. I don’t think Milwaukee will blow the Sixers out. I’m guessing no Kidd may mean Monroe sees healthy minutes tonight and MCW will have a mismatch against any of the Sixers PGs.

• mrpata

@marino4ever said...

Can someone show/explain the formula for value on yahoo? I get in DK (for example) that 5x value means 5 X Salary. Ex. $ 5,000 × 5 = 25 points. But yahoo has an entirely different salary cap ($200) and that formula wouldn’t work for it. $20 × 5 = 100… yeah, not happening.

The Yahoo value multipliers go something like

1x for superstars ($40+)
    1.2-1.5x for stars & role players ($18-35)
    2-3x for punts ($10-15)

So let’s say, if Paul George hits 50, Klay Thompson gets 35, and Kelly Oubre gets 25 you’re gonna have a good time.

To get a rough estimate of equivalent DK/FD prices, divide the Yahoo price by 4. e.g. Millsap @ $40 ~ $10K pricing on the Big 2 sites. You will find a lot of the superstars are crazy overpriced on Yahoo. I find the best strategy is to have one stud, a couple of punts, then a bunch of $20~$35 guys who you hope will hit 30+ each.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).