7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 10 ) at Indiana ( -10 ) —- T: 215.5
    7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 7 ) at Boston ( -7 ) —- T: 205.5
    7:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 0 ) at Atlanta ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 4.5 ) at Memphis ( -4.5 ) —- T: 196.5
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 0 ) at Miami ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 0 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -7.5 ) at Phoenix ( 7.5 ) —- T: 217.5
    10:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -7.5 ) at Sacramento ( 7.5 ) —- T: 195

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• nived131504

Why did Nurkic only play 17 minutes..

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@866 said...

Wow miserable night. G S scores 81. Lakers struggle to crack 90.. needed that OT there. And GASOL with the triple double, where’d that come from.

idk why but a lot of times when a player is questionable or ruled out…then it changes to probable and end up playing…a lot of times they crush just for trolls sake

Gasol only 7-8% in the late slates.. but Aldridge sank me. Went Randolph instead left the $ on the table and got burned there. Felt phantom DNP possibly and or reduced mins. Took a chance.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@nived131504 said...

Why did Nurkic only play 17 minutes..

Only playable PDX players are Dame and (now) Shabazz
    Stotts is the worst…. wouldn’t have Aminu if I hadn’t to do a double switch on the fly as Ingram was ruled out
    Surely if I had more than a few seconds would have come up with something better… maybe
    So pissed right now
    What a waste of a great lineup all because Stotts is an idiot and Walton gives minutes to f’ing bogut

• BBWC_10

WOW how do you take Buddy Hield off the floor for the last 8 minutes? They guy is your leading scorer tonight, He is your best chance to win….. I swear some of these coaches are on the take.

• tristanwolf

@BBWC_10 said...

WOW how do you take Buddy Hield off the floor for the last 8 minutes? They guy is your leading scorer tonight, He is your best chance to win….. I swear some of these coaches are on the take.

agree i feel for the hield owners. damn.
    ended up 93rd in the 8$ late night for $25 but woulda been 7th for $100 with hield. damn.

good luck all tomorrow for a fun nfl slate, and remember bet the under on the first 2 or 3 nba games xmas day (the big cat theory with tired players, 75% correct last few years).

• bcarlsrud

Had DCUZ in every cash LU and went 4-4. All $25

• tmarohl

Actually went against the grain and played three cash games tonight with lineups I set yesterday. I never play cash games. Beat CP_21 and Chipotle.

• chronoxiong

Bledsoe=dud
    Brogdon=dud and lost usage to Sean Killpatrick
    Durant=massive dud. Probably the most killer dud of the night.
    Josh Richardson dud.
    Kuzma=dud
    Taj Gibson and low owned.

AWful night. I lost all my games as my lineup scored 272.80. Couldn’t overcome the duds I just mentioned. I should have known Bledsoe was not the play but as I mentioned all week, if the chalk guy goes off and I don’t have him, it would be tough to make up his points. However, my original pivot from him was Jeff Teague and he sucked. Durant, why must you bust that bad? Those who went Butler and PG-13 over Durant finally came out on top tonight. PG-13 had 6 steals and 2 blks. That’s 24 fdp alone. Now I have to hope I win NFL tomorrow so I will have decent money to play the Christmas day slate.

• Calicapo

New here.

Had 100 % elf.

Felt like I had to mention it since he’s a thing here.

• tristanwolf

what was the cash/ double up dk score?

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

Bledsoe=dud
    Brogdon=dud and lost usage to Sean Killpatrick
    Durant=massive dud. Probably the most killer dud of the night.
    Josh Richardson dud.
    Kuzma=dud
    Taj Gibson and low owned.

AWful night. I lost all my games as my lineup scored 272.80. Couldn’t overcome the duds I just mentioned. I should have known Bledsoe was not the play but as I mentioned all week, if the chalk guy goes off and I don’t have him, it would be tough to make up his points. However, my original pivot from him was Jeff Teague and he sucked. Durant, why must you bust that bad? Those who went Butler and PG-13 over Durant finally came out on top tonight. PG-13 had 6 steals and 2 blks. That’s 24 fdp alone. Now I have to hope I win NFL tomorrow so I will have decent money to play the Christmas day slate.

I went with
    Westbrook
    Napier
    McCollum
    Middleton
    Richardson
    Warren
    Kuzma
    Marvin Williams
    Randle

• chronoxiong

@tmarohl said...

I went with
    Westbrook
    Napier
    McCollum
    Middleton
    Richardson
    Warren
    Kuzma
    Marvin Williams
    Randle

It’s pretty obvious how you cashed tonight. You faded Durant and used that salary onto the other positions. Had Durant not busted, it would have been a different story. Westy’s raw points were needed at the PG position. Should have known Bledsoe was going to bust though. I wasn’t on him at all during the day.

• gaelicgirl

And if you thought that was fun, wait until you see the prices for Christmas!

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

It’s pretty obvious how you cashed tonight. You faded Durant and used that salary onto the other positions. Had Durant not busted, it would have been a different story. Westy’s raw points were needed at the PG position. Should have known Bledsoe was going to bust though. I wasn’t on him at all during the day.

I wouldn’t say he busted. He put up 30.4 points on 7200 salary. That is not a bust. A bust is MKG puting up 14.1 on 5K

• chronoxiong

@tmarohl said...

I wouldn’t say he busted. He put up 30.4 points on 7200 salary. That is not a bust. A bust is MKG puting up 14.1 on 5K

Well, Bledsoe barely got 4x. But we wanted more than which is around 35-45 fdp. That’s all I’m saying. I have to let it go anyways since my original pivot Jeff Teague (6.7k) sucked so yeah. Lol. Hard to figure out the TWolves offense at times. Even Taj Gibson didn’t get much usage.

• zombiekopitar

@Calicapo said...

New here.

Had 100 % elf.

Felt like I had to mention it since he’s a thing here.

Right on dude. I cant quit the Elf train of death….. only took Vucevic breaking his damn hand lol.

Had my best night all year. Won the $5 late swap GPP and placed well in all the main gpps + won a main event ticket for tomorrow.
    That damn Giannis news screwed me up or it would have been better, couldn’t help but edit my single entry lineup and pivoted RHJ and Turner to Middleton and Aminu on majority entries. So finished 321 & 334, If Aminu actually played the 4th it would have been close SMH!
    Damn you late news, and I.L.Y Tyreke

• tmarohl

Guys are only supposed to put up 5 X about 50% of the time. That is how the pricing is figured.

• Calicapo

@zombiekopitar said...

Right on dude. I cant quit the Elf train of death….. only took Vucevic breaking his damn hand lol.

Had my best night all year. Won the $5 late swap GPP and placed well in all the main gpps + won a main event ticket for tomorrow.
    That damn Giannis news screwed me up or it would have been better, couldn’t help but edit my single entry lineup and pivoted RHJ and Turner to Middleton and Aminu on majority entries. So finished 321 & 334, If Aminu actually played the 4th it would have been close SMH!
    Damn you late news, and I.L.Y Tyreke

Congrats brother.

Elf carried all my lus.

I play cash games mainly. DK.

I was already on Middleton so I just swapped cj for bledsoe and upgraded elsewhere with the savings.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

And if you thought that was fun, wait until you see the prices for Christmas!

Christmas looks kind of easy to me, which means I will lose, and probably badly.

• tristanwolf

@tmarohl said...

Christmas looks kind of easy to me, which means I will lose, and probably badly.

fade the early games, stack the late games. dudes are up late/early with santa stuff.

• TheBracePhilosophy

Another forum fade another win. Been ghost following this forum for years nothing but loser picks being pumped out in here

• KindGuy

• ghostfacekicker

I only play Fanduel NBA GPP. I usually enter 5-20 lineups in the $4-$4.44 (Clutch etc). I’ve hit GPP money 4 days in a row on FD! 5 times in last 6 tries. Beasts & Bums w/ Value Picks.

12/17 – $80
    12/18 – $0
    12/19 – didn’t play
    12/20 – $36
    12/21 – $64
    12/22 – $128
    12/23 – $80

Thanks to this forum it’s been very helpful catching up in news during busy work days.

1. Always set a lineup the night before.
    2. Always check injuries.
    3. Always tinker with your lineup based on news. Especially for value plays.
    4. Don’t play too many chalk plays.
    5. Always play at least 2 Beasts (9500+ with a high floor..like 40+). Even if they miss a value pick may pick up the slack but 40 points is 40 points.
    6. Never bet your whole bankroll. Live to grind out another day.
    7. Make a “never play” list and stick to it. I noticed some players are just hard to read and are best avoided. This list is different for different people (some people can read certain players or live in a market where they see they player more or have intel on why a player is a good play). Just stick to a strategy.
    8. Don’t play if you don’t have time to research.
    9. Don’t take “hot metrics” as fact. Like “His usage goes down when XYZ is out.”
    10. The H2H finder on basketball reference is a good tool. Just make sure the sample size is big enough and the team setups aren’t significantly different than in previous matchups. Works better with big men IMO.

Thanks to all who contributed here! Especially KAT!

Happy Holidays!

-Ghost

• tmarohl

@elementasrat said...

Napier is sooooo freaking good. Damn, I need to work for a front office!

Napier > Lillard > McCollum

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).