7:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 4 ) at Toronto ( -4 ) — T: 228
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( -2 ) at Chicago ( 2 ) — T: 233.5
    8:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 2.5 ) at Houston ( -2.5 ) — T: 216.5
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 2 ) at Memphis ( -2 ) — T: 230.5
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 5.5 ) at Minnesota ( -5.5 ) — T: 224
    9:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 7.5 ) at Denver ( -7.5 ) — T: 226
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( 1 ) at Portland ( -1 ) — T: 225.5
    10:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 1.5 ) at Phoenix ( -1.5 ) — T: 233

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• maddysdaddy0914

@Felixxberg said...

@maddysdaddy0914: Nice! What team do you coach? I have been playing for 18 years now. For DFS, I’d say PGA has the most variance. It’s just crazy how a guy can shoot -7 and +5 on the same course on consecutive days, or miss the cut on a course he’s supposed to crush.

I’ve coached Jr A for the past 5 years. Took this year off. Had a sneaking suspicion that the year would end up like it has. Didn’t want to relocate to some random small town and then be stuck there. Looks like I got that one right.

I do well betting individual games in NHL. But trying to find that random 3/4 line that is going to produce is such a crapshoot. I like to think I can predict individual line match ups as well as anyone. But for whatever reason, hockey is by far my worst sport. Even including the little bit off CBB and NCAA football I do play. To me they seem more predictive than a hockey game. Guy can get 10 shot attempts, and miss the net on all of them. Get hit with a puck when he isn’t looking and score. There is nothing like that in any other dfs sport.

• tmarohl

@damionismyname said...

max enters everything

He is in first in all my FD contests as well.

• maddysdaddy0914

I would say it’s more likely he max enters because he is successful than he is successful because he max enters.

Otherwise, wouldn’t we all just max enter???

• damionismyname

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

I would say it’s more likely he max enters because he is successful than he is successful because he max enters.

Otherwise, wouldn’t we all just max enter???

well if you bink one and then invest it into more research, bankroll management and developing your own tools to sell to others then you could afford to max enter every night also. He now just plays with house money because of his website subscriptions and whatever else he makes money off of. I’m not sure what he did before becoming a successful dfs player but I’m sure the losses piled up before he could sustain it as a successful business model.

• maddysdaddy0914

His understanding of correlation, leverage and ownership is obviously very good. His projections are obviously strong as well.

He would be just as strong a player if he kept his info for himself. Is his website insulation against a losing run? Probably no more than your or my day job would be.

The guy puts the work in. Something we can all do if we decide to.

I generally play single lineups. I’ve been fortunate enough to win a decent sized contest on FanDuel. But I can’t sit here and say I am at his level, regardless of how many lineups he or I play.

I guess I get frustrated seeing people shit all over the guys who mass enter. Saying they only win BECAUSE they mass enter.

I’m pretty sure if you looked at his single entry record and cash lineups, he does well there too. I don’t have the time or energy to look that up, so if someone tells me I’m wrong on that point, so be it.

Bottom line, the guy has been successful for a few years now. Good on him for being able to make a living doing what he obviously loves doing and helping people improve their play at the same time.

• callmetouch

I missed the cash line by 0.25 haha *if Quickley didn’t get injured….

• maddysdaddy0914

Again a winning night on FD, shit out on DK. Gotta figure this one out. Any suggestions?

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Bubbled by 1 point.

• Golfnut04240

Luka saved me from a total disaster. We’ll have another go at it on Christmas Day.

• synth

i forgot how bad nba dfs was for more casual people. scored 305 points and didnt sniff the cash line.

the skill level of dfs’ers in this sport is just way higher than mlb or nfl

• damionismyname

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

Again a winning night on FD, shit out on DK. Gotta figure this one out. Any suggestions?

is just a different way of playing so if you are successful on one site I would just play mainly on that site. the mpe(multi position eligibility) gives you more combos with the flexibility to create different lineups. On fd its about just finding the best 2 players at each position while dk you can have like 4 power forwards that are also small forwards who could outscore all the centers…. I think on fd you cant afford to whiff at a position while on dk you can make it up somewhere else.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

I’ve coached Jr A for the past 5 years. Took this year off. Had a sneaking suspicion that the year would end up like it has. Didn’t want to relocate to some random small town and then be stuck there. Looks like I got that one right.

I do well betting individual games in NHL. But trying to find that random 3/4 line that is going to produce is such a crapshoot. I like to think I can predict individual line match ups as well as anyone. But for whatever reason, hockey is by far my worst sport. Even including the little bit off CBB and NCAA football I do play. To me they seem more predictive than a hockey game. Guy can get 10 shot attempts, and miss the net on all of them. Get hit with a puck when he isn’t looking and score. There is nothing like that in any other dfs sport.

Nice! Our system is different where I live (Montreal), so our “Junior A” is not good at all. I’d say your Junior A is our Junior AAA.

Hockey is probably the best sport to mass enter though, because you just have to mix all lines and pray. Then, you just correlate a D and G and take the best remaining D. I think I’ll try new strategies this season though. I’ll study bkreider’s lineups. He’s by far the #1 NHL DFS player in my opinion. There are a lot of #2s.

• maddysdaddy0914

@damionismyname said...

is just a different way of playing so if you are successful on one site I would just play mainly on that site. the mpe(multi position eligibility) gives you more combos with the flexibility to create different lineups. On fd its about just finding the best 2 players at each position while dk you can have like 4 power forwards that are also small forwards who could outscore all the centers…. I think on fd you cant afford to whiff at a position while on dk you can make it up somewhere else.

See I find I can get away with a miss (or two) on FanDuel. For example, tonight I more than min cashed with Zion, FVV, Ayton, and jrich lol.

• zeeshan2

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

His understanding of correlation, leverage and ownership is obviously very good. His projections are obviously strong as well.

He would be just as strong a player if he kept his info for himself. Is his website insulation against a losing run? Probably no more than your or my day job would be.

The guy puts the work in. Something we can all do if we decide to.

I generally play single lineups. I’ve been fortunate enough to win a decent sized contest on FanDuel. But I can’t sit here and say I am at his level, regardless of how many lineups he or I play.

I guess I get frustrated seeing people shit all over the guys who mass enter. Saying they only win BECAUSE they mass enter.

I’m pretty sure if you looked at his single entry record and cash lineups, he does well there too. I don’t have the time or energy to look that up, so if someone tells me I’m wrong on that point, so be it.

Bottom line, the guy has been successful for a few years now. Good on him for being able to make a living doing what he obviously loves doing and helping people improve their play at the same time.

I think it’s also easier when your whole job is dfs. Easier to research and already know who the good plays will be, who’s owning who, and having the bankroll to try every combo out from their player pool to make good LUs

• maddysdaddy0914

@Felixxberg said...

Nice! Our system is different where I live (Montreal), so our “Junior A” is not good at all. I’d say your Junior A is our Junior AAA.

Hockey is probably the best sport to mass enter though, because you just have to mix all lines and pray. Then, you just correlate a D and G and take the best remaining D. I think I’ll try new strategies this season though. I’ll study bkreider’s lineups. He’s by far the #1 NHL DFS player in my opinion. There are a lot of #2s.

Yeah generally speaking the junior A leagues out west are stronger. I mean Brooks is probably better run than a good number of WHL clubs.

I’ll still play some hockey. I just know it won’t be with the amount of success I have elsewhere. And I’m okay with that lol. Good luck.

• zeeshan2

What was the cash line on DK? Got a couple of LUs I just entered for the hell of it

• jv21

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

Understand the difference in scoring systems and what’s salaries mean for each slate. Like on Dk cle/chi chalk were to cheap to not play like min 2. That allows you to get Giannis or Luka. That’s half of your lineup built. Obvious it’s not always that easy but sometime you have to accept the value the slate gives.

• gaelicgirl

Cashed in the Late Night with 307.6

Jokic 29.9% CJ 21.5% DFS 11.8% MPJ 54.1%

• maddysdaddy0914

I have to respectfully disagree a little here. I’d say it would be harder knowing your livelihood depends on your picks. And no one KNOWS who the good plays are. He doesn’t have access to any info that you or I could not easily access. He just does better with it. And yes, a lot of that is because he puts the time in. But there is nothing stopping any of us from putting that same time in. We choose to put our time in elsewhere for all kinds of perfectly valid reasons.

• damionismyname

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

See I find I can get away with a miss (or two) on FanDuel. For example, tonight I more than min cashed with Zion, FVV, Ayton, and jrich lol.

yeah but that isnt winning you the big money. on fd you need all the highest scoring players at each position.

• maddysdaddy0914

@jv21 said...

Understand the difference in scoring systems and what’s salaries mean for each slate. Like on Dk cle/chi chalk were to cheap to not play like min 2. That allows you to get Giannis or Luka. That’s half of your lineup built. Obvious it’s not always that easy but sometime you have to accept the value the slate gives.

Except, playing Luka or Giannis was not the play tonight.

My lineup tonight was

Dejuanta, FVV, Beasley, Sabonis Robinson Lavine Markannen, Ayton.

Now Lavine and Ayton foultrouble/blowout. FVV throwing bricks and Robinson doing Robinson things sunk me.

In hindsight, nance/garland was the easy play. I was all over Rozier, Morant and Ingram on FD. Their price on dk scared me off. Also, if I was fading Giannis, probably could have made the argument to get some Middleton.

• damionismyname

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

I have to respectfully disagree a little here. I’d say it would be harder knowing your livelihood depends on your picks. And no one KNOWS who the good plays are. He doesn’t have access to any info that you or I could not easily access. He just does better with it. And yes, a lot of that is because he puts the time in. But there is nothing stopping any of us from putting that same time in. We choose to put our time in elsewhere for all kinds of perfectly valid reasons.

sure but he had to get to a point where he thought this would work full time. the guy doesn’t win everything every night, he has losses of tens of thousands but when he hits it makes up for it. I personally cant afford to max enter for a month to hopefully hit and get a good return on my investment. its a rich get richer scenario here. you could always just max enter the dime, dollar or quarter and see how good it works and build a bankroll to move up to higher stakes. some of these guys in higher stakes aren’t that good and you’re score may have taking it down but you dont want to put the 5k in to try. If I hit for 500k I would totally invest more into dfs but until then its a low entry grind and that’s maybe all it will ever be.

• maddysdaddy0914

@damionismyname said...

yeah but that isnt winning you the big money. on fd you need all the highest scoring players at each position.

5 in, 20 out is something I’d take every night.

• damionismyname

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

Except, playing Luka or Giannis was not the play tonight.

My lineup tonight was

Dejuanta, FVV, Beasley, Sabonis Robinson Lavine Markannen, Ayton.

Now Lavine and Ayton foultrouble/blowout. FVV throwing bricks and Robinson doing Robinson things sunk me.

In hindsight, nance/garland was the easy play. I was all over Rozier, Morant and Ingram on FD. Their price on dk scared me off. Also, if I was fading Giannis, probably could have made the argument to get some Middleton.

Middleton put up more than Giannis… yes…fading both Luka and Giannis was the move…will it work on Christmas?

• maddysdaddy0914

@damionismyname said...

Middleton put up more than Giannis… yes…fading both Luka and Giannis was the move…will it work on Christmas?

At first glance, not loving the value on the slate. Of course that could change. Looks like you are going to have to take some hard stands.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).