7:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 4 ) at Toronto ( -4 ) — T: 228
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( -2 ) at Chicago ( 2 ) — T: 233.5
    8:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 2.5 ) at Houston ( -2.5 ) — T: 216.5
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 2 ) at Memphis ( -2 ) — T: 230.5
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 5.5 ) at Minnesota ( -5.5 ) — T: 224
    9:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 7.5 ) at Denver ( -7.5 ) — T: 226
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( 1 ) at Portland ( -1 ) — T: 225.5
    10:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 1.5 ) at Phoenix ( -1.5 ) — T: 233

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• jv21

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

Except, playing Luka or Giannis was not the play tonight.

But they were. Luka scored 49 and Giannis had almost 57. Enough to min cash and win a little more. Before the slate they were great plays. Afterwards, I am not mad I played them.

• chronoxiong

Can’t win when you land on landmines. I had too many of them tonight. Paid up for Doncic when a ton of other PGs matched him or did better like Morant, Westbrook and mid 4k guy in Terry Rozier. I picked Coby White over chalk Dejounte Murray when they were the same price. Yeah, stupid. I also picked LaVine and he was doing good in the first quarter. And that was all he was able to do for me because he was fouling too much. Oh wait, thats not all. Tobias Harris at 6.6k was too much for me to overcome with his lack of stats. I didnt even look Patrick Williams way. I also ate the John Collins chalk because they have no one at Center. But they destroyed so he didnt need to do anything. My lineup was just a disaster. Donated $20. Not a good way for me to start the season. Not happy right now. Congrats to those who won.

• synth

I’ve got a pretty good handle on NFL lineup construction but still learning the ropes on NBA.

Would I be correct if I said that there’s nothing in NBA that’s correlated as high as a QB/WR in nfl? I know in NFL I often want at least that pairing to come from the same team but in NBA I find myself often not doubling up on players from the same team (in large slates).

Additionally, would I also be correct that taking a player from each team in a game is a positive correlation since you’re hoping that the game is high scoring and competitive throughout?

My best FD lineup today was:

PG: Dejounte Murray, Ja Morant
    SG: Lavine, Josh Richardson
    SF: Nance, Tobias Harris
    PF: John Collins, Covington
    C: Ayton

It didn’t have two people from one team but it did have Murray/Morant, Lavine/Collins, and Richardson/Ayton in games against each other. Would this be considered a reasonable lineup for large-sized GPPs? Or are there glaring roster issues (such as “negative correlations due to something I don’t know yet”, “not enough superstars when they are such raw points monsters in NBA”, “too many high floor/low ceiling targets”, etc)

• depalma13

Score 331 and only win 5x the entry. Yikes!

• depalma13

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

Guy can get 10 shot attempts, and miss the net on all of them. Get hit with a puck when he isn’t looking and score. There is nothing like that in any other dfs sport.

Try NASCAR.

• mh8235

@depalma13 said...

Score 331 and only win 5x the entry. Yikes!

It’s the most demoralizing when it’s like this. You literally feel like you nutted your fattest nut, and still come short. Pick apart your lineup looking at what little thing you could’ve done differently, when it just wasn’t meant to be. I’d rather not come close than just fall short of min cash – and similarly the joy of just min cashing vs. winning 5x, but coming so close to finally taking the whole damn thing.

• depalma13

@mh8235 said...

It’s the most demoralizing when it’s like this. You literally feel like you nutted your fattest nut, and still come short. Pick apart your lineup looking at what little thing you could’ve done differently, when it just wasn’t meant to be. I’d rather not come close than just fall short of min cash – and similarly the joy of just min cashing vs. winning 5x, but coming so close to finally taking the whole damn thing.

About the only thing I could have done is faded Donic and used that extra money to move up from Anthony at SG. 69 points from 13200 in salary clearly wasn’t enough.

Everyone else I used had fire next to their name.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

I’m pretty sure if you looked at his single entry record and cash lineups, he does well there too. I don’t have the time or energy to look that up, so if someone tells me I’m wrong on that point, so be it.

You also have to consider that instead of agonizing all day over one single entry lineup he/they probably enter 30 SE contests with unique lineups

• fillyfan2002

Nothing wrong with 5x return on entry fees. A lot of good players out there. If you returned 5x every day, you’d be a happy camper at the end of the season. Your total is irrelevant. If the slate is high scoring, it takes a higher score to win. A lot of NBA players can score 50 or more points on a 12 game slate.

• joephoto

I purposely did not enter an NBA contest yesterday- even though my Celtics were playing. I spend time chasing crowns in other sports but if I attempt to play 134 NBA days this year I will lose. It is my worst sport to play and I admit it.
    I lose out with too many DNP-CD, Covid, and resting my players on back-to-backs etc. No time to follow all these beat writers on twitter. Probably get sucked back in for DK promotions, but 134 days is too much.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).