7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 2 ) at Detroit ( -2 ) —- T: 207.5
    7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -5 ) at Dallas ( 5 ) —- T: 209
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 0 ) at Miami ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 6.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -6.5 ) —- T: 211
    8:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 11 ) at San Antonio ( -11 ) —- T: 208.5
    9:00 PM EST : Memphis ( -1 ) at Phoenix ( 1 ) —- T: 204
    9:00 PM EST : Utah ( 5.5 ) at Denver ( -5.5 ) —- T: 203.5
    10:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 5 ) at LA Clippers ( -5 ) —- T: 206.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• chronoxiong

I am absolutely sad. I upped my action for NBA tonight because I have to work tomorrow at 1PM pst. So I had hoped to at least win my cash games and play light tomorrow. But nope, my lineup tonight scored 266.90 which fell a few points away from cashing. Majority of my cash games I needed about 268 to 274 points to cash. I had Austin Rivers and Buddy Hield as my late night hammers. What happened? A blowout happened. Hield got in foul trouble and the starters sat the 4th. It hurts to lose this way. But i have to blame myself for playing Hield. I had the salary to upgrade him into Justin Holiday and that would have got me to win all my games.

• warrendeath

So, a night that would’ve finished me and my minimal bank roll (started with 25 entered) I ended up finding a decent amount of success and making some of my money back and then some. Had some of my players not disappeared in the last few minutes, I could’ve been even happier.

Best lineup put 291 on the board, won me 10 bucks. Drummond, Dirk, Brogdon, Barea, Ellington, Mirotic, Gasol, and Bledsoe.

Proud of myself. I’m hoping this success can lead me to some sort of consistency. Trying to lean on two BIG plays and finding reliable people to fill in the rest of the gaps. Drummond and Gasol were my big plays.

• roach62

@SkateFiend said...

I swear NBA DFS is like some states in election night. After the votes are tallied in a certain place, the state can be called, even if like 50-70% precincts are still reporting. If someone like Oladipo and Derozan fail to reach even their floor, the chances of your LU winning good money is gone, even with 2,3 players still remaining.

i can see that…i missed cashing main slate single entry by 3 DK…with lovely turd from Dipo…lol

ABC/Reke didnt knock it out of the park either, but least it was low scoring night

• iron_tactics

@superstars92 said...

Not tonight though. Almost everyone failed. Except Kris Dunn (and I guess Bismack and Andrew Harrison but everyone had them except me since Harrison still sucks in my book). I think I saw 1-2 mentions of Kris Dunn earlier today, which shows you the unpredictably of the sport.

That’s what I was saying a couple nights ago. There seems to be no average game with these guys. No 4-5x, it’s almost always like a career high or career low. Been silly for about a week or so at least.

• tmarohl

@SkateFiend said...

I swear NBA DFS is like some states in election night. After the votes are tallied in a certain place, the state can be called, even if like 50-70% precincts are still reporting. If someone like Oladipo and Derozan fail to reach even their floor, the chances of your LU winning good money is gone, even with 2,3 players still remaining.

That is a good analogy. I knew I was done early tonight with Simmons in about 50% of my lineups.

• madmanjayWV

I know I’m a HILLJACK, but come on FD?

What gives?

Are you even trying to grow the new 5-player STARTING FIVE?

You have a $1 single entry that is $5K and is 62+% full and a $3 15K GPP, which is better than 20% filled already.
    ~~ SMH ~~

• gaelicgirl

286.3 (with Temple) good for $4 in the Block, 276.8 (with Hield) missed cashing by .2 in the Dribbler.

• Prince0024

How the hell did Max Kiebler do so well tonight?? SOMEONE EXPLAIN

• miggs6876

@chronoxiong said...

I am absolutely sad. I upped my action for NBA tonight because I have to work tomorrow at 1PM pst. So I had hoped to at least win my cash games and play light tomorrow. But nope, my lineup tonight scored 266.90 which fell a few points away from cashing. Majority of my cash games I needed about 268 to 274 points to cash. I had Austin Rivers and Buddy Hield as my late night hammers. What happened? A blowout happened. Hield got in foul trouble and the starters sat the 4th. It hurts to lose this way. But i have to blame myself for playing Hield. I had the salary to upgrade him into Justin Holiday and that would have got me to win all my games.

Learn from your mistakes. Hield is not a safe cash play. Gpp only. Holiday was the play. He has consistently hit is value.

• Prince0024

Nights like these make me wanna never player dfs ever again..I’M SO MAD!

• miggs6876

@warrendeath said...

So, a night that would’ve finished me and my minimal bank roll (started with 25 entered) I ended up finding a decent amount of success and making some of my money back and then some. Had some of my players not disappeared in the last few minutes, I could’ve been even happier.

Best lineup put 291 on the board, won me 10 bucks. Drummond, Dirk, Brogdon, Barea, Ellington, Mirotic, Gasol, and Bledsoe.

Proud of myself. I’m hoping this success can lead me to some sort of consistency. Trying to lean on two BIG plays and finding reliable people to fill in the rest of the gaps. Drummond and Gasol were my big plays.

Nice. Way to keep yourself in the game. You can also play 25c gpp too.

• TeamTwerk

What’s up with Denver starting Plumlee with Jokic? Is that why Jokic hasn’t been putting up the numbers we’re used to seeing from him? I really want to run it back with him tomorrow versus Minn.

• scott33

@chronoxiong said...

Not sure if you played GPPs too, but if you did, going Holiday in cash & Hield in GPP woulda been the way to go. Not trying to be Captain Hindsight, I was in the same situation with Hield/Holiday. U wanna put the safer option in your cash lineups.

• chronoxiong

@scott33 said...

Not sure if you played GPPs too, but if you did, going Holiday in cash & Hield in GPP woulda been the way to go. Not trying to be Captain Hindsight, I was in the same situation with Hield/Holiday. U wanna put the safer option in your cash lineups.

I thought hard about it during the day. But me being a Kings fan lead me to be bias and went Hield all the way. I did not expect a blowout to happen. I figured Hield should have gotten 20 fdp easily if the game stayed close. I messed up so bad. Holiday was the play though at that price range as his log showed that he was consistent as hell. Would have won all my cash games and minimum GPP cash. :(

• Prince0024

@superstars92 said...

Dang that link above…there are like 150 people or so with 100+ entries. I didn’t realize it had that many. I thought I did a lot, but so many people do like 100+, which is way more than what I do.

See even though I just started playing NBA dfs. I strictly play the largest gpp and only put in 1 or 2 lineups bcuz I can’t put as many but the pros have such an advantage with such large bankrolls. I feel like the odd of regular player winning all that money is like 0.0001 it sucks…your lineup can’t be 90% good or even 99.99% good it has to be ultra perfect. You can be the smartest guy in the world but still won’t win. You have to put in at least 50 entries to win. In a way it’s not fair but i
    guess without all those entries the big money wouldn’t be possible..I might be salty just cuz I’ve been trying so hard day in and day out with no real wins..

• TeamTwerk

@chronoxiong said...

I thought hard about it during the day. But me being a Kings fan lead me to be bias and went Hield all the way. I did not expect a blowout to happen. I figured Hield should have gotten 20 fdp easily if the game stayed close. I messed up so bad. Holiday was the play though at that price range as his log showed that he was consistent as hell. Would have won all my cash games and minimum GPP cash. :(

It’s gotta be rough being a Kings fan. Nobody can blame you for trying to get a player on your DFS team to make it interesting.

• damionismyname

@Prince0024 said...

How the hell did Max Kiebler do so well tonight?? SOMEONE EXPLAIN

• chronoxiong

@TeamTwerk said...

It’s gotta be rough being a Kings fan. Nobody can blame you for trying to get a player on your DFS team to make it interesting.

Oh it does man. It’s very rough right now. I try not to roster them that much but a lot of times, I have been trolled by them this season except for ZBo. I faded ZBo tonight as I felt rostering Hield was enough exposure to the Kings. I seriously did not thought a blowout was going to happen though. Of course, if I thought that was going to happen, I would have rostered Justin Holiday over him and be good enough to win tonight. Life of a DFS player.

• Prince0024

@chronoxiong said...

Oh it does man. It’s very rough right now. I try not to roster them that much but a lot of times, I have been trolled by them this season except for ZBo. I faded ZBo tonight as I felt rostering Hield was enough exposure to the Kings. I seriously did not thought a blowout was going to happen though. Of course, if I thought that was going to happen, I would have rostered Justin Holiday over him and be good enough to win tonight. Life of a DFS player.

I made a last minute switch from malcom brogden to Buddy Hields and that was the first time I ever picked him up and that didn’t go well

• Prince0024

@damionismyname said...

LOL well said

• warrendeath

Just glad to get a few wins and back on the board. I now see the struggle everyone has when you’re within grasp of a big pot, and fall short. Gasol was my player, with minutes left and if he would’ve got me 10-15 points he would’ve put me in a top 5 spot. Funny how it all works.

Today was a learned day. Hoping the growing pains will make me play smarter, trust my instincts and go with my gut. Too much second guessing.

By the way, had ZERO idea some people had the bank rolls they had. Just thought most ran with low amounts (25-100), had no idea multi millionaires were playing and running hundreds of lineups. Jesus.

• Prince0024

@warrendeath said...

Just glad to get a few wins and back on the board. I now see the struggle everyone has when you’re within grasp of a big pot, and fall short. Gasol was my player, with minutes left and if he would’ve got me 10-15 points he would’ve put me in a top 5 spot. Funny how it all works.

Today was a learned day. Hoping the growing pains will make me play smarter, trust my instincts and go with my gut. Too much second guessing.

By the way, had ZERO idea some people had the bank rolls they had. Just thought most ran with low amounts (25-100), had no idea multi millionaires were playing and running hundreds of lineups. Jesus.

Yeah dude you are right! I was just so angry today and then read about how some of these pros make it even harder for us because we have to literally think 100 steps ahead of the 100 entries but like you said just trust yourself and I think to remember to have fun doing it. I know they can make any type of error which can lead to one of us winning the big prize.

• bdub85

@Prince0024 said...

See even though I just started playing NBA dfs. I strictly play the largest gpp and only put in 1 or 2 lineups bcuz I can’t put as many but the pros have such an advantage with such large bankrolls. I feel like the odd of regular player winning all that money is like 0.0001 it sucks…your lineup can’t be 90% good or even 99.99% good it has to be ultra perfect. You can be the smartest guy in the world but still won’t win. You have to put in at least 50 entries to win. In a way it’s not fair but i
    guess without all those entries the big money wouldn’t be possible..I might be salty just cuz I’ve been trying so hard day in and day out with no real wins..

Playing only GPP’s is not a profitable strategy. GPP’s are going to lose you money until you win one. I build my bankroll through playing mostly cash which pays for my gpp entries.

And you can most definitely win a GPP without doing a mass entry. I never do mass entry, and I’ve had more than a few high finishes in GPP’s.

• Calicapo

Faded abc in cash.
    Didn’t help. Lol

My t Harris ,Mirotic, and Ellington gpp lu broke me even and my pickem brought me profits.

Fading rivers there was big.

• celtics2448

Cashed in 4 out of 5 lineups and half my team was cold. Got lucky as hell the SAC v LAC ended up being a blowout. One of the weirdest slates i can ever remember.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).