• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Washington ( 6 ) at Detroit ( -6 ) —- T: 229.5
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 7.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -7.5 ) —- T: 222.5
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 6.5 ) at Oklahoma ( -6.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 6.5 ) at Dallas ( -6.5 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 4 ) at Sacramento ( -4 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Portland ( 5.5 ) at Utah ( -5.5 ) —- T: 219

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Beckhams3Fingers

Optos can be hit or miss. I’ve seen nights where the #7 opto-generated LU goes for 347. And, it’s got someone like Rudy Gay in it. And you sit there and scratch your head for 19 minutes trying to understand how on earth the opto would know it was a Rudy Gay 7x night.

But most nights otpos kick out a mixture of obvious chalk plays with mid-tier duds.

• rocketman828

Anyone else play this pos tonight?

• chronoxiong

@theIrrigator said...

If everyone is using them and playing Prince and Taj wouldnt you want them to use them so you win easier?

Actually, I just want people to win by making lineups through their brain and knowledge of the sport. Not through some generated bs. Its gonna be hard for me to win on FD because I have Ish and Beal so it aint looking good there. But on Yahoo, I might cash tonight because I faded some of those busts except for Ish ugh.

• yisman

Now they’re saying Napier is NOT starting. Conflicting reports.

• Beckhams3Fingers

@chronoxiong said...

Actually, I just want people to win by making lineups through their brain and knowledge of the sport.

Optos help guys who can’t spend 5 hrs doing research and hand-building LUs. They provide instant research. But, otpos should be looked at as a tool, not THE answer.

I use them to start roster construction but I rarely just toss in an opto LU with no editing done first.

• Culver, wiggens, graham, dieng, roco

• zpa1989

drummond floor game crushed me. think gobert might be the center to pay up for on FD

• deepfat

@chronoxiong said...

Actually, I just want people to win by making lineups through their brain and knowledge of the sport. Not through some generated bs. Its gonna be hard for me to win on FD because I have Ish and Beal so it aint looking good there. But on Yahoo, I might cash tonight because I faded some of those busts except for Ish ugh.

I get what you’re saying. Here’s how I view the smart way to use optos. I use them to point out players I’m not thinking of and that prompts me to look into why the opto may like them. Something I may not be seeing. That said, if people pay to use them at face value and it’s not against the rules, there’s not much you can do but complain that people use them. Is what it is.

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

If everything was single or 3 X entry, maybe you wouldn’t have as many people using the tools. No one has time to hand build 150 lineups on a daily basis.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

@rocketman828 said...

Anyone else play this pos tonight?

Yes quite a bit on DK, like 100% lol

• EhhTimmay

I hate Julius Randle.

Guy is a bum every time I put him in lineups. Naturally, don’t have much today.

• Herf

Frazier was a great play tonight IMHO. I had a mix of him and Rose and figured one of them would have a solid stat sheet. Drummond and JVal are doin some dirty things to great lineups right now. I will still cash decently, but not near what could have been.

I really like Fox, Wiggins, and Niang in the later matchups.

• Petergunz82

Where the fuck is J Val?

• Herf

@tmarohl said...

If everything was single or 3 X entry, maybe you wouldn’t have as many people using the tools. No one has time to hand build 150 lineups on a daily basis.

I try my hardest to squeeze in like 20 lineups. I don’t know how someone can do 150 lol

• Gadnuk

So is napier going to play tonight? I have him at UTIL on DK right now and am trying to decide to switch him out or not. Have 3400. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

@yisman said...

Now they’re saying Napier is NOT starting. Conflicting reports.

I’m just gonna keep him in my lineups, thought about swapping some to Culver but just gonna let it ride. Hopefully he can still get 15-20 mins

• choppadown

I wouldn’t have believed you if you swore to me that NY was going to beat up on BKN tonight…but here we are.

• Herf

@theIrrigator said...

I’m just gonna keep him in my lineups, thought about swapping some to Culver but just gonna let it ride. Hopefully he can still get 15-20 mins

I think that it’s a smart play. Napier produces more than Culver normally so he will still get his chance off the bench.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Trying to find one of my lineups without either Prince or Allen or JVal or Drummond…. like

• raul214

@superstars92 said...

I see tonight is the bash on the optimizer’s night.

i was gone 2 weeks and that argument is still going lol

• zpa1989

wow shouldve rolled the dice on dieng, mabe wiggs. those people will get PAID

i can just bet you any amount of money if i loaded up on dieng, towns would’ve played, 100% stone lock to play even if i had ONE. 05 cent share, so i full faded and here dieng is going to smash. god damnit…

• jjwd

@Calicapo said...

I find it hilarious that the optos had Prince as a cash game play

which ones?

• zpa1989

beal getting hurt was just plain unlucky imo. probably played into the blowout.

• yisman

FWIW, RG left Napier’s projected minutes the same and moved Culver from 16 to 14

don’t ask me how that makes sense

Hoping Napier gets 20.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

@Gadnuk said...

So is napier going to play tonight? I have him at UTIL on DK right now and am trying to decide to switch him out or not. Have 3400. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Not much to swap to that is any better FPPM wise. I have 100% on the Main and Late slate. I just “re-optimized” my late lineups down to 55%

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).