7:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 3 ) at Charlotte ( -3 ) — T: 217.5
    7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 2 ) at Detroit ( -2 ) — T: 213.5
    7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -8.5 ) at New York ( 8.5 ) — T: 216
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( -5 ) at Chicago ( 5 ) — T: 222.5
    8:30 PM EST : Toronto ( -2 ) at San Antonio ( 2 ) — T: 226
    9:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 9 ) at Utah ( -9 ) — T: 228.5
    10:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( -3.5 ) at Sacramento ( 3.5 ) — T: 227.5
    10:00 PM EST : Houston ( 7.5 ) at Portland ( -7.5 ) — T: 226.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@synth said...

we like tucker or house more today?

House if had to choose between those 2

• Ace15

No drummond or nance with love back. Wait so is rwb playing? I do like rwb a lot if he plays, will take me off beal too

• synth

@theIrrigator said...

House if had to choose between those 2

Thanks

Already using Harden/Wood/Nwaba and 5 from the same team seems too much to me

Really, 4 feels weird but it should be a tight rotation against a bad defense so I’m going for it

• donkeydealer

Everyone talking Harden has left out the low owned guy who didn’t score a first half point last game. No way that happens twice and I see him coming out gunning. He’s going to be my lock of the day

• rstylz

@rstylz said...

Buyer beware on Baynes. He is not getting 30 min as LUHQ has him down for. Optimizer started pumping him in there.

Not that you would be playing him anyways ;)

• Yeoman

Why is Bazley the minimum at Yahoo?

• realphipps

Someone in the Knicks backcourt has to do something today. I think.

• Ace15

@donkeydealer said...

Everyone talking Harden has left out the low owned guy who didn’t score a first half point last game. No way that happens twice and I see him coming out gunning. He’s going to be my lock of the day

I have cj and dame exposure as well

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@cedric19 said...

Why no all day slate for Fanduel in lineuphq?

Hey Cedric, it’s up now if you were still interested.

• captainwacky

@mbunner23 said...

Elf Payton isn’t good.

To be fair, neither is Tobias Harris.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@donkeydealer said...

I’ll have some.

I’m nervous about him.

Was awful in the preseason. Playing total beta style and didn’t do much. Carried over to the 1st game. Worried something is up.

• noddy

@Pandamonious said...

Horford situation makes me sad.

Loved him the other day against Houston on that would have been 13 game slate. No one was playing him.

Now on this smaller slate, and prices adjusted for other guys, he’s going to be significantly higher owned tonight. Arguably even chalky.

Obviously you are better than I am and know more than I do, but I just don’t understand the worry about ownership on a 9 game slate. I can (maybe) understand on a 3-4 game slate and even then it’s questionable. Play who you think are the best plays and if someone else happens to have that same lineup then oh well. It’s more about total ownership percentage of your lineup than 2-3 players. You can easily play the 3 top owned players and have a unique lineup. I just feel ownership is somewhat overrated.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@rstylz said...

Buyer beware on Baynes. He is not getting 30 min as LUHQ has him down for. Optimizer started pumping him in there.

Not that you would be playing him anyways ;)

He did play 28 minutes in the 1st game.

• noddy

Why can’t Westbrook play back to back games? Is he hurt?

• frugal

I’ll have some because it feels like a good spot, but no way 100% on trap Harden. Given all the drama going on there I feel this game could get out of hand pretty quickly, perhaps even Harden with a quick tech and some limited minutes. Houston value plays are locks for me.

Vuc feels like he’s in a smash spot but there’s so much value at C today, both sides of that game seems like good targets.

IND bigs are going to smash.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@noddy said...

Obviously you are better than I am and know more than I do, but I just don’t understand the worry about ownership on a 9 game slate. I can (maybe) understand on a 3-4 game slate and even then it’s questionable. Play who you think are the best plays and if someone else happens to have that same lineup then oh well. It’s more about total ownership percentage of your lineup than 2-3 players. You can easily play the 3 top owned players and have a unique lineup. I just feel ownership is somewhat overrated.

There’s a lot of truth here.

It’s not a huge factor. I do think total ownership of your line up matters more than individual ownership. I would just prefer guys to be lower owned. It’s not so much about being “unique” in not tying with people, it’s being unique in that it leverages against the field, when their chalkier plays fail. By playing someone chalky, you’re just hoping they’re indeed necessary to win the slate. Not hoping to leap hundreds of line ups every time they score points.

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

It’s not a huge factor. I do think total ownership of your line up matters more than individual ownership. I would just prefer guys to be lower owned. It’s not so much about being “unique” in not tying with people, it’s being unique in that it leverages against the field, when their chalkier plays fail. By playing someone chalky, you’re just hoping they’re indeed necessary to win the slate. Not hoping to leap hundreds of line ups every time they score points.

This and if you have reach a certain amount of chalky players in your lineups (especially ones that use a lot of your cap), it pigeonholes the next set of players as well. So even if they’re lower owned, it comes from a build-funnel almost, so you’re going to be like “damn, how’d they also have that 5 percent owned guy?”

That being said, I’m a large proponent of ‘play the best plays’ and then I try to get my edge with the weird super home run low owned guys. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, but it’s definitely my preferred style in NBA.

• noddy

@Pandamonious said...

Yes I get with with leveraging the field, but I think some people don’t play really good chalk just because they are chalk. Of course any chalk can fail for sure. So I understand fading the chalk or some chalk, but on a 9 game slate I’m not sure that is necessary. I mean there are so many options that IMO it shouldn’t really enter in. Of course I’ve never won a GPP so maybe I don’t really have a clue.

Either way you and many others on here are awesome with helping out and providing useful information. Much appreciated.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

Status note: Danilo Gallinari (foot) a game-time decision Saturday.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

Dame’s usage in preseason –

15.8% 7 FGA, 22 minutes , 21.9% 13 minutes 3 FGA’s, 22.1% 30 minutes, 14 FGA’s

First game of the regular season –

17.6% – 12 FGA

All 4 of these games Portland got blown out.

Dames usage last season –

30.3%

Something doesn’t compute here.

• profusionz

So no one’s worried of a possible houston blazers blowout?

• frugal

@noddy said...

Yes I get with with leveraging the field, but I think some people don’t play really good chalk just because they are chalk. Of course any chalk can fail for sure. So I understand fading the chalk or some chalk, but on a 9 game slate I’m not sure that is necessary. I mean there are so many options that IMO it shouldn’t really enter in. Of course I’ve never won a GPP so maybe I don’t really have a clue.

Either way you and many others on here are awesome with helping out and providing useful information. Much appreciated.

Yeah, I don’t care at all about ownership. There have been so many nights when I 100% played a guy in an absolute smash spot, I’m talking highest usage player in a fast paced high scoring close spread game, who somehow ends up being less than 5% owned. Game theory comes into play if you’re sweating things due to killing it in early games and can late swap between a few different players, but outside that the best lineups win. On a slate this size, you could have every player 20%+ owned and still have a unique lineup and win it all.

• moped_jones

@captainwacky said...

To be fair, neither is Tobias Harris.

Wow, you’re both wrong.

Congrats!

• captainwacky

@profusionz said...

So no one’s worried of a possible houston blazers blowout?

I think that there’s a reasonable possibility. I’m still just going to cram most lineups with the usual suspects and build a few hedge lineups. Portland didn’t look particularly cohesive either. Also, the rockets have 9 effing dudes… even if they want to throw in the towel, it’s going to take a while for them to be able to.

• ConRyl

How do you guys feel about fading Harden?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).