7:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 3 ) at Charlotte ( -3 ) — T: 217.5
    7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 2 ) at Detroit ( -2 ) — T: 213.5
    7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -8.5 ) at New York ( 8.5 ) — T: 216
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( -5 ) at Chicago ( 5 ) — T: 222.5
    8:30 PM EST : Toronto ( -2 ) at San Antonio ( 2 ) — T: 226
    9:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 9 ) at Utah ( -9 ) — T: 228.5
    10:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( -3.5 ) at Sacramento ( 3.5 ) — T: 227.5
    10:00 PM EST : Houston ( 7.5 ) at Portland ( -7.5 ) — T: 226.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• captainwacky

@moped_jones said...

Wow, you’re both wrong.

Congrats!

uhhh what? Elf is atrocious. Tobias Harris is just overrated, but like…

• Njsum1

@profusionz said...

So no one’s worried of a possible houston blazers blowout?

There’s some concern. Not an abundance of it being the type of blowout that’s over at halftime.

More the type of blowout that starters miss out on the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter. Yet even in that scenario the Houston Punts should be playing. Maybe just not Harden or Wood

• frugal

@profusionz said...

So no one’s worried of a possible houston blazers blowout?

I feel positive POR is going to destroy Houston tonight, but they only have 9 players available I believe. Which is why I will have heavy HOU exposure to the cheapies but am not going 100% on Harden when I typically would in this scenario.

• chronoxiong

@realphipps said...

Someone in the Knicks backcourt has to do something today. I think.

Shhhhhhh. I’m on Burks.

• moped_jones

@mbunner23 said...

Elf Payton isn’t good.

Some nights he’s ridiculously good.

Some nights he’s not. If he had been on the same team the last 5 years he probably would be better. If that team had time to grow together they’d be a solid eastern conference team.

• noddy

@ConRyl said...

How do you guys feel about fading Harden?

I have him 1/15 and I might drop him from that lineup. I’m not saying he can’t smash tonight, but I just don’t like playing him.

• maddysdaddy0914

@noddy said...

Obviously you are better than I am and know more than I do, but I just don’t understand the worry about ownership on a 9 game slate. I can (maybe) understand on a 3-4 game slate and even then it’s questionable. Play who you think are the best plays and if someone else happens to have that same lineup then oh well. It’s more about total ownership percentage of your lineup than 2-3 players. You can easily play the 3 top owned players and have a unique lineup. I just feel ownership is somewhat overrated.

It’s about the leverage that is gained when one of these high owned plays busts or doesn’t smash.

• moped_jones

@captainwacky said...

uhhh what? Elf is atrocious. Tobias Harris is just overrated, but like…

but like, disagree.

• noddy

@chronoxiong said...

Shhhhhhh. I’m on Burks.

Ya me too. He’s one of my favorite plays tonight.

• captainwacky

@moped_jones said...

Some nights he’s not. If he had been on the same team the last 5 years he probably would be better. If that team had time to grow together they’d be a solid eastern conference team.

He puts up numbers on bad teams occasionally. He has all the talent in the world to be a good defender but rarely tries. He can’t… like CAN NOT shoot. He turns the ball over excessively. He can’t finish. His attitude sucks. There’s a reason he keeps getting traded. I was super high on him coming into the league, but he’s undeniably bad.

• Ace15

Darius garland still feels too cheap, with love back though does he take a usage hit or does it not matter. Also playing OG. Random 50burger

• jessedio

@ConRyl said...

How do you guys feel about fading Harden?

I’m playing 10 lineups on FD and fading him completely. Still debating what I should do with Houston’s value plays.

• moped_jones

@captainwacky said...

He puts up numbers on bad teams occasionally. He has all the talent in the world to be a good defender but rarely tries. He can’t… like CAN NOT shoot. He turns the ball over excessively. He can’t finish. His attitude sucks. There’s a reason he keeps getting traded. I was super high on him coming into the league, but he’s undeniably bad.

I agree, he can’t shoot. But he does everything else well.

Also, how do you measure effort?

If he ever gets in the right situation someone is going to get a steal.

• noddy

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

It’s about the leverage that is gained when one of these high owned plays busts or doesn’t smash.

Yep I completely understand that, but I just think on a 9 game slate it’s very overrated. Just my opinion.

• superjon

@noddy said...

Yes I get with with leveraging the field, but I think some people don’t play really good chalk just because they are chalk. Of course any chalk can fail for sure. So I understand fading the chalk or some chalk, but on a 9 game slate I’m not sure that is necessary. I mean there are so many options that IMO it shouldn’t really enter in. Of course I’ve never won a GPP so maybe I don’t really have a clue.

Either way you and many others on here are awesome with helping out and providing useful information. Much appreciated.

Overall ownership is key. You can play Harden and win tonight as long as you don’t have a ton of other chalky guys.

I know on a slate this size, that the winning LU will probably have 3-5 players with a projected ownership greater than 20% So maybe I look at those players first, and pick which ones I am okay with being overweight on. For the others, I can either cross them off, or just lower their max exposure to be underweight.

• captainwacky

@moped_jones said...

I agree, he can’t shoot. But he does everything else well.

Also, how do you measure effort?

If he ever gets in the right situation someone is going to get a steal.

Having talent does not equate to doing things well at the NBA level. He’s a really bad passer despite having the creativity and proficiency. He doesn’t stay in front of dudes because he gambles despite being well-built to play defense. I watch tape of every team; you measure effort by watching a dude not try. Hidden gems rarely get traded 4 times from bad team to bad team. I love pass-first point guards and want him to do well, but he’s just really bad.

The Tobias Harris thing is more like I think he’s just a pretty good rotation player who managed to score 20 a game and leveraged that into a max somehow lol.

• mbunner23

@moped_jones said...

He’s fantasy good some nights. He’s not an above average NBA player.

• maxxxoo

@moped_jones said...

How good would the Magic be if they had kept Tobias Harris and Elfrid Payton (to go with Fourier, Gordon, and Vuc)? I was almost ready to become a Magic fan until they started shipping people out.

Good as a 1st round exit

• captainwacky

@mbunner23 said...

He’s fantasy good some nights. He’s not an above average NBA player.

Yeah, I was assuming this is abject of DFS. He’s a great person to have a feel for in DFS and I have made many Elf bucks.

• deepfat

Thoughts on Bagley tonight?

• monarch

I think I am fading Harden

• charara1224

If it was another match up I would fade harden but its portland and they wont be able to stop him. Houston has shooters 1-5 so doubling Harden is not the move.

• charara1224

Doesnt mean im putting Harden in every LU but i will have exposure to him. Beal, Book and SGA are good pivots off him and can all go for 40+.

• noddy

@monarch said...

I think I am fading Harden

That’s is. I’m putting him in all my lineups.

• tmarohl

Front end of a back to back for some teams today. The knicks are one of them.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).