Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 6.5 ) at Boston ( -6.5 ) —- T: 198.5
    7:30 PM EST : Okla City ( -3 ) at Miami ( 3 ) —- T: 206
    8:30 PM EST : Houston ( -6.5 ) at Dallas ( 6.5 ) —- T: 210.5
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( -4.5 ) at LA Lakers ( 4.5 ) —- T: 204

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Whacko

This is one ugly slate…

• Chip403

Tonight should be one of the more interesting DFS hoops nights in my 3 years of doing daily NBA. And understanding the entire landscape of the DFS industry, “wow” is all I can say.

As simple as I can put it. Fan Duel tonight, main gpp $4 entree, 150x, 147k total entrees paying the top 33k…the kicker, $100K to first…ON A 5 GAME SLATE.

And not just a 5 game slate, but I mean hell..take a look at it yourself, and it speaks for all. Add in the little factors such as, being 2 days after Christmas, NFL all but a wrap..I’ve often noticed in my years doing dfs now, that Christmas week is the week where you see the most new people taking their jabs at this all..(extra Christmas money for them damn millennials just turning of age to bet)..and NFL as said, over, intrigue goes elsewhere. It’s always been this week where we see an influx of new people to NBA DFS (DFS in general), and around MLB opening day, always the crowd scampering away from NBA, giving their digs at it for first time. None the less, rambling..

Bottom line, add all this stuff up, and tonight is gonna be wacky. I have a feeling someone like Sam Dekker or Jaylen Brown may win someone $100k or even Laveaurgne. GL all.

• Chip403

@Whacko said...

This is one ugly slate…

Working on that Westbrook, Harden, Gobert stack already. 😜 Lmao.

• ChalupaBatman

Well, at least there’s hockey tonight too…

• ChalupaBatman

If Beverly sits this one out with the thigh bruise he got last night, I like D. Will a lot more at PG since he’s been pretty bad against Houston this year. Hayward, Gobert, and Kanter are pretty much locks for me.

• Chip403

@ChalupaBatman said...

Well, at least there’s hockey tonight too…

Oh trust me, im gonna try like hell to unlock this ugly science that gifts out a 6 figure payout to close this year out..but at the same time, NHL is fun…((no jinxing))-but I am undefeated in NHL H2H’s (nothing over $10 entree, and I’ve only played around 10-15 matchups)..but to anyone who wants to go up against for like a buck on the ice action, I’ll probably be game.

• Chip403

@ChalupaBatman said...

If Beverly sits this one out with the thigh bruise he got last night, I like D. Will a lot more at PG since he’s been pretty bad against Houston this year. Hayward, Gobert, and Kanter are pretty much locks for me.

RW and Dragic against each other in hopes to keep things close in the game and scoreboard lighting up..I’m loving thus far. Then like the pivots to Gordon and Ariza for Houston, and the lock solid, Gobert manning the C position.

• ChalupaBatman

Can anyone provide any insight why the RG projections like Randolph so much tonight? His B2B numbers are anything but ideal and he didn’t do well against BOS last time out. Having a hard time understanding why they think he’ll return almost 6x at his price.

• Mscanlon31

What a great looking slate we have tonight………

• monarch

Watched Memphis last night and they were hideous with their full roster. Not enough usage for Gasol, Conley. I expect a bounce back and if they rule someone out or tighten their rotations then there could be some goodness.

Love Ryan Anderson, Harrell did something to his leg in the 4th quarter and it’s a B2B for nene. HOU could blow DAL out and a 14th man on that roster could be in the winning LU. Their stars played low minutes yesterday in an effortless win over PHX. DAL had to grind at NO.

• Naomi44

Who is the punt for tonight? I keep looking at Harrell!!!!!!! maybe Mack?

• Chip403

Punt?….I think Dekker is a prime spot for an amazing punt play tonight. Jerami Grant as well.

• ChalupaBatman

@Naomi44 said...

Who is the punt for tonight? I keep looking at Harrell!!!!!!! maybe Mack?

Mack at $5000 is hardly a punt. Maybe Grant or Curry.

• Chip403

This will be final time on thread I advise this, don’t want any blame later..I think if I put in say 16 entrees into tonight’s gpp, I would have Sam Dekker on about 4-6 of them and to separate from, Jerami Grant, same concept. I mean, Houston-Dallas…even if Beverly sits, Rockets can blow that team out, coming off back end of back-to-back, get vets some rest..I just foresee Sam Dekker having a coming out party of sorts with loads of minutes to be had, even if spread is only at 6.5 right now. Maybe not a Bender-like outing, but dude can light up quick..If Thunder start finding a nice groove with Jermami Grant and Anthony Morrow struggles, I look for Grant or Laveaurgne to pick up that extra court spot to help out Russ. It may not be the SG position yielded by Oladipo, but they can maneauver around, especially against a Heat team that’ll play pretty big anyways against them.

• gausman7

i just created a DK lineup with 4 white guys…can you give me a reason why I shouldnt be utterly discouraged?

• Chip403

@gausman7 said...

i just created a DK lineup with 4 white guys…can you give me a reason why I shouldnt be utterly discouraged?

Well, because you did this on Draft Kings where they give a .5 point bonus on 3 pointers made, so yeah. 😂😂

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

this is for sure like a 20-lineup and pray kinda night

• BUFUu2

Man I don’t see how anyone can play the top stars tonight no value hardly at all on this small slate in the lower price range, went balanced yesterday and worked out ok still made profit but not nothing to brag about….

• ChalupaBatman

@BUFUu2 said...

Man I don’t see how anyone can play the top stars tonight no value hardly at all on this small slate in the lower price range, went balanced yesterday and worked out ok still made profit but not nothing to brag about….

I can see getting 4 Q out of Harden tonight and getting value, especially if Bev is out.

• BUFUu2

@ChalupaBatman said...

I can see getting 4 Q out of Harden tonight and getting value, especially if Bev is out.

Not saying don’t play him just saying hard to find good value at the bottom prices besides the guys mentioned and I truely don’t see dekker or even grant hitting much value

• Chip403

I found a way to get both Westbrook/Gobert in as well as a Harden/Gobert..and feel very comfortable to the fact both could go off for big points.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Will probably taking a flyer or two on Favors tonight. He may get a few more minutes and LA is not good up front. Gives you a few extra dollars and he could hit 5x value.

• mabad86

I’m finding it tough to pay for Harden or Westbrook in tournaments if Dragic and/or Isaiah can get me 50.

• mabad86

Punted small forward too?

• DirkDigglerz

Will Rodney Hood play 30 minutes?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).