• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 1 ) at Houston ( -1 ) —- T: 215.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 14.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -14.5 ) —- T: 225
    10:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 3.5 ) at Sacramento ( -3.5 ) —- T: 230
    10:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 5 ) at Utah ( -5 ) —- T: 219
    10:30 PM EST : Portland ( 9 ) at Golden State ( -9 ) —- T: 225.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• fsupete01

@MakinItHappen said...

Lol at Stephenson being the ball handler and leading the attack.

You fools.

He was at 2.8x at the half. Just got in to the 3rd quarter with 3 minutes left, what are you talking about? Let’s see what he does the next 8 minutes.

• cpp214

@mtdurham said...

I just don’t see how Boogie helps them. Even at 100% I don’t think he’d have much to offer them. He is a turnover princess, ballstopper, average 3 pt shooter with high volume, etc…

And I cant see him being anywhere near 100% or really having enough time for them to fully integrate him.

Ideally you want nearly everyone in the rotation to have played at least one postseason together before making a title run. If they haven’t things tend to combust in the playoffs when teams make defensive adjustments and everyone isn’t on the same page when it comes time to make your reads.

Close game, boogie comes in and makes two quick turnovers off sloppy passes and illegal screens and the momentum shifts just like that and delivers some team a game. Now the Warriors have to win 4 of 6….. and I’m not sure they’re good enough to do that multiple times against the level of competition they’ll face this year

He’s one of the best rebounders in the league and an underrated passer. He will improve their team no doubt, the question is how much. No one respects the Warriors inside game because their big guys suck. He will command attention from opposing defenses. Either they double him, or play him one on one and get destroyed inside. If they double him, he’s a good enough passer to hit the guys that are open. Leave Klay/Durant/Steph open and they will nail shots.

• SkateFiend

@tmarohl said...

You know what, Golden State isn’t that good this year. The league has caught up to them.

The years of punting the center position may have caught up to them. Their core is kinda getting old and there’s limit to how much a team can lean on the big three.

• tmarohl

Tell me a team that Boogie was ever on that was actually better with him on the floor? I’ll hang up and wait for my answer.

• MakinItHappen

@fsupete01 said...

He was at 2.8x at the half. Just got in to the 3rd quarter with 3 minutes left, what are you talking about? Let’s see what he does the next 8 minutes.

He is standing out in the corner waiting for corner threes and not being given them by Ingram, who is just interested in putting up numbers to stake claim for his worth.

He isn’t leading the attack, at all. He is a bit-part role of moves that Ingram’s dictates.

• mtdurham

i played a LOT of bogdan and hield thinking Iman Shumperty definitely wouldn’t play…. i figured him being questionable was as good as out… disgusted with myself i would have had plenty of time to pivot if id been monitoring the news

i need Overtime or ill probably eek out a small profit with some otherwise great lineups… was counting on almost 40 mins from hield and 32+ from bogs

• byo34

@tmarohl said...

Tell me a team that Boogie was ever on that was actually better with him on the floor? I’ll hang up and wait for my answer.

Kentucky.

• Dfspacman

Zubac dud

• eatmyturf23

On Yahoo, you could have built:

PG Lonzo $23 (45.2 and maybe more)
    SG Gordon $14 (32.8)
    G Kyrie $43 (50.5)
    SF Shumpert $10 (28.8 and maybe more)
    PF Giannis $54 (68.8)
    F DJ Wilson $10 (33.3)
    C Capela $32 (46.6)
    UTIL Kornet $10 (36.1)

= 342.1 yahoo fpts, and going higher ($4 unspent)

And that is benching F Vonleh $19 (38.6)!! Not using Harden, though maybe drop Harden in at G spot and a different, cheaper SF.

No one in the Mini Baller has more than 323.3 (36pmr) right now.

• scott33

Nearly every lineup of mine is a SAC/LA stack & I have no Shumpert. Honestly didn’t even consider him.

Hey guys.. busy day of Work… but LONZO was 49% tonight? Wow.. how’d I miss that? Thought Zubac/Hart would been 35-40% not Lonzo.. AND he had a great game… 60++ for. Guess how much Zo I had? 1 lineup of 70. Lol. Bye $$$.

• EhhTimmay

Glad I paid for Rubio in the late night.

I’d be cashing with just about anybody else…

• eatmyturf23

@scott33 said...

Nearly every lineup of mine is a SAC/LA stack & I have no Shumpert. Honestly didn’t even consider him.

Lol I did, but waived him off. Is that worse? :)

• mtdurham

@cpp214 said...

He will improve their team no doubt

There is absolutely doubt. Unquestionable doubt.

This isn’t fantasy basketball.

He will make their offense less efficient for almost certain. And what does he really add defensively if he has even less mobility than before the injury?

Also… I went close to 100% Curry/Draymond/Lillard… EXTREMELY disappointing night.. expected 60 60 50 from the 3 of them. 60 boyga Lill n Curry. Lucky to get to 40.

• scott33

@eatmyturf23 said...

Lol I did, but waived him off. Is that worse? :)

Well at least u had the brains to at least consider him lol

• damionismyname

Hield sucks!@ WTF R you doing?

• scott33

Nurk & WCS slowed down big time. Need them to pick it up

• mtdurham

@cpp214 said...

Either they double him, or play him one on one and get destroyed inside. If they double him, he’s a good enough passer to hit the guys that are open. Leave Klay/Durant/Steph open and they will nail shots.

This ignores the simple fact that if you run your offense out of the post with Boogie Cousins instead of on the perimeter with Steph Curry that your offense becomes worse by an order of magnitude.

The type of offense you’re referring to would have worked great in the 1990s with Hakeem Olajuwon.

But it’s defunct now and will get you blown out most nights.

If you think the Warriors are going to scrap Steph Curry and Kevin Durant to run a post oriented offense, you’re way off base.

On offense, Boogie will play on the perimeter as a 3 point shooter/screener and run a DHO offense like he did in New Orleans.

And they’ll have to deal with all the problems that creates…. the last thing the Warriors need is MORE turnovers

• scott33

@scott33 said...

Nurk & WCS slowed down big time. Need them to pick it up

Ingram too. At half I really thought I’d have a chance to take one down, now I’m just hoping to cash.

• cpp214

@mtdurham said...

There is absolutely doubt. Unquestionable doubt.

So they’re better off with guys like Looney at Center?

• CutlerAsFk

KCP is such a useless bum. how is he still in the league? he’s been total shit for 4 years straight.

• Yeoman

I just realized I’ve got a DK lineup where Harden is my lowest-owned player. Never thought I’d see that.

• mtdurham

@866 said...

Hey guys.. busy day of Work… but LONZO was 49% tonight? Wow.. how’d I miss that? Thought Zubac/Hart would been 35-40% not Lonzo.. AND he had a great game… 60++ for. Guess how much Zo I had? 1 lineup of 70. Lol. Bye $$$.

Lebron and Rondo were out and Lonzo was underpriced by at least $1,000 against the ideal matchup…. he was auto-chalk

• cpp214

@mtdurham said...

This ignores the simple fact that if you run your offense out of the post with Boogie Cousins instead of on the perimeter with Steph Curry that your offense becomes worse by an order of magnitude.

The type of offense you’re referring to would have worked great in the 1990s with Hakeem Olajuwon.

But it’s defunct now and will get you blown out most nights.

Never said run the offense out of the post. His mere presence will command attention from opposing defenses. You can’t play him man to man. There’s maybe two or three guys in the entire league that can guard him one on one down low. He’s not a high rising up and down the floor athlete. The injury is not going to affect him as much as a guy like Kobe.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).