Comments

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 9 ) at Atlanta ( -9 ) — T: 224.5
    7:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 7.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -7.5 ) — T:
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( -7.5 ) at Oklahoma City ( 7.5 ) — T: 221
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( 7.5 ) at Denver ( -7.5 ) — T: 225
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( 4.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -4.5 ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• jessedio

Kyle Anderson and Brooks best value plays on FD?

• JoeyG113

@Supersharpie said...

Levert to the starting lu?

Could be, but I think you get the most out of Levert by bringing him off the bench. The 2nd unit would have a tough time generating offense if Levert started, and obviously he doesn’t get as much usage if he starts alongside Durant and Irving.

• dominicanpapi

@JoeyG113 said...

Could be, but I think you get the most out of Levert by bringing him off the bench. The 2nd unit would have a tough time generating offense if Levert started, and obviously he doesn’t get as much usage if he starts alongside Durant and Irving.

Would your opinion change though if KD were to be ruled out?

• JoeyG113

@dominicanpapi said...

Would your opinion change though if KD were to be ruled out?

Yes, it sure would.

• winnerchickendinner

@jessedio said...

Kyle Anderson and Brooks best value plays on FD?

Could definitely be.

• Supersharpie

@theIrrigator said...

Yes. I think AD IN and Lebron OUT

Fire up Kuzma again!

• jessedio

@realphipps said...

Speaking of TLC, he’s shown in the past he can pile up fpts with playing time.

Think he gets 25mins tonight?

That’s a tough one. If he started he’d prob reach 25min but he’s so volatile and reliant on his 3, not sure even at min price he’s worth it. Definitely a deep punt.

• noddy

@Njsum1 said...

I don’t play cash games in NBA, yet if I did regularly and with any volume, I’d simply purchase/use a projection system/optimizer with a good track record and play the optimal. That is what everyone does. No need to think about who to play in cash games. Let your opponents make mistakes.

You still have to plug in 2 players for it to optimize. Which 2 players would you (or anyone here) plug in?

• BBWC_10

This happens all the time, I watched it last year, many times it is the same names in these massive trains all with the same LU. They must belong to a group that pays for a LU. I don’t know why you would want to split your winnings with 20 other people, sometimes even when they win they actually lose money because of the split.

• Ace15

Dillon brooks on fd at 3.7k yikes. Lock n load. Slate seems too easy. Going to jam in harden and wood because theyre overpriced

• jdtrey

@zeeshan2 said...

Anyone else doing the Trey Day DK contest today?

Yea all of us that opted in for the contest on 12/22 I believe. Should be seeing another one for tomorrow and the next day soon if you opted in on 12/23 and 12/25 too. Looks like there’s also a Goodbye 2020 promo with a free NFL entry tonight to opt in to – payout’s nowhere near as good though.

• ovopistons

@Njsum1 said...

I don’t play cash games in NBA, yet if I did regularly and with any volume, I’d simply purchase/use a projection system/optimizer with a good track record and play the optimal. That is what everyone does. No need to think about who to play in cash games. Let your opponents make mistakes.

But if everyone does that, and only half win, how do you win consistently? I see what you’re saying, but you have to take ownership into perspective as well. Can’t just roll all chalk and expect to win repeatedly.

Either way, I’m in on Harden tonight just like last time they played. So much value on the slate that it’s incredibly easy to fit him in.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

I think Covington takes on a greater offensive role tonight without a premier wing to defend if LeBron sits and if he plays the four on offense then he might find himself some open looks from three.

Dinwiddie with the ACL probably makes the Nets wish they found a way to have gotten Harden who doesnt get hurt.

Maybe now they make they make the Rockets a respectable offer. Problem is that the Rockets will want to rebuild and the Nets won’t be having any lottery picks as long as KD and Kyrie are under contract. Unless they have some other team’s picks They can offer (I don’t know the particulars of these things).

Sooo…they Rockets are going to have to be willing to accept draft picks for like when KD and Kyries contracts are up which is like 4 years from now. Probably going to have to throw in Levert as well.

As good as Levert is, Harden is a much better player right now, and would almost lock Brooklyn into a title or 2 over the next few years.

Doesn’t matter that Harden chokes in the playoffs, KD and Kyrie don’t. They’d smash the league

• Njsum1

@noddy said...

You still have to plug in 2 players for it to optimize. Which 2 players would you (or anyone here) plug in?

If Harden will be the highest owned player (like 70%) then fading him is a mistake. Cash games, you want all your guys highly owned. When I used to play cash, anytime all my players drew big ownership, I knew I’d be winning that day.

• noddy

@ovopistons said...

But if everyone does that, and only half win, how do you win consistently? I see what you’re saying, but you have to take ownership into perspective as well. Can’t just roll all chalk and expect to win repeatedly.

Either way, I’m in on Harden tonight just like last time they played. So much value on the slate that it’s incredibly easy to fit him in.

They put the lineups in big enough contests where they all can cash. For example there might be 20 of the same lineups in a 100 man 50/50 contest.

• JoeyG113

@realphipps said...

Speaking of TLC, he’s shown in the past he can pile up fpts with playing time.

Think he gets 25mins tonight?

TLC played very well with Durant & Irving last night. Durant had a somewhat open look in crunch time with 40 seconds to go and he passed it in the corner to TLC who hit a clutch shot. From what I saw in that game, they trust him.

He wasn’t touching the floor until the injury to Dinwddie, so I think he or Shamet have a good chance to get more minutes and or start. He seems to be a defensive liability, so that could limit him reaching more minutes.

As previously discussed, if Durant is out, then I think he gets more minutes and maybe more shots this evening, but they won’t be as quality as the ones he got last night when he played with Durant and Irving.

• mbunner23

There are usually 5- 6 chalk plays each slate, for cash games you play those guys which leaves 2-3 spots different. A lot of times I’ll have similar lineups or the exact lineup as some of the trains in cash depending on how chalky each slate is. I’m not saying that there’s not people lineup sharing but there’s also people just playing the chalk cash guys and lineups end up being the same.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

@ovopistons said...

Yeah and who wants to be reliant on someone else’s projections to have sucess. And what kind of gratification do get out of just clicking optimize a few mins before lock even if you do win. Its dumb. I know everyone does it but still doesn’t it make it right in the long term. It basically comes down to which website had the best projections that night. I play cash every now and then but I’m not gonna take the easy way out no matter how profitable it may be.

And Noddy some lineup builders dont require you to lock any players. You just have to remove 2 players not projected to do anything out of the player pool

• Russthabus26

@realphipps said...

Cherokee?

Met him there about 2 years ago. Was super nice. Probably because I didn’t ask for an autograph.

Yes. He was playing roulette. About 2-4K a spin. He was not sober. They had his champagne in a bottle holder right beside him. He was super nice though.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

Just started watching this OKC/Cha game so I can see the amazing Dort

• tmarohl

@Supersharpie said...

Fire up Kuzma again!

I think Kuzma is a good play when AD is out. Not so sure he is a good play when Lebron is out. Lebron is more of a facilitator and spreads the ball around. AD will be the go to guy in this situation in my opinion.

• noddy

@theIrrigator said...

Yeah and who wants to be reliant on someone else’s projections to have sucess. And what kind of gratification do get out of just clicking optimize a few mins before lock even if you do win. Its dumb. I know everyone does it but still doesn’t it make it right in the long term. It basically comes down to which website had the best projections that night. I play cash every now and but I’m not gonna take the easy way out no matter how profitable it may be.

And Noddy some lineup builders dont require you to lock any players. You just have to remove 2 players not projected to do anything out of the player pool

Thank you! Plugged in Harden and Wood and it spits out another Houston player and 4 Detroit players for cash on DK

• ifthethunder

@jessedio said...

Levert or TLC.

Either way I always go heavy on Levert.

Ahh, the Learning Channel. LOCKED and LOADED!
    ~

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

@noddy said...

Thank you! Plugged in Harden and Wood and it spits out another Houston player and 4 Detroit players for cash on DK

Lol. Wait until closer to lock. Whatever site your on will adjust the projections to all the news we get today. I’m sure they dont have anything adjusted for the Laker news I’m expecting and any Brooklyn news we get

• Brendan239

Is Irving/Ja/Brooks/Slo mo/Levert too much in one LU from that game?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).