Comments

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 9 ) at Atlanta ( -9 ) — T: 224.5
    7:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 7.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -7.5 ) — T:
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( -7.5 ) at Oklahoma City ( 7.5 ) — T: 221
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( 7.5 ) at Denver ( -7.5 ) — T: 225
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( 4.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -4.5 ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• dominicanpapi

@Njsum1 said...

Maybe he doesn’t like the “cheap” value so far.

Like last night…Neto=good value
    Biyombo=more popular than Neto yet not great value. As his ceiling isn’t great, especially in a game that was supposed to be a blowout. If that game blew out he would have ended with 17 DK. Still only got to 23.

Let me ask you, who’s the lock value on DK? On FD it’s Brooks no doubt.

By lock value, I mean I could go all in and the only way he could really burn me is if he got hurt or fouled out in the 1st quarter. Like which cheap play on DK leaves you no doubts?

Taurean Prince. With Dinwiddie and Durant out, that’s what….60 minutes that have to go somewhere. I doubt Nash plays Jeff Green that many minutes. He’s $3100 so if he gets you 20 fantasy points, fine, but he does have an opportunity to get more.

• JSteele

@tmarohl said...

How much was that big win the other night JSteele?

3.6k. I withdrew about 3k of it and will play with the rest. I usually just do single bullets, so I didn’t want to end up losing it all.

• Njsum1

@theIrrigator said...

Defended it all you want. It’s still dumb

In your opinion

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

In your opinion

Correct. That’s all any of us have

• chickenmanE

Anyone like Jamal murray?

• jessedio

@JSteele said...

3.6k. I withdrew about 3k of it and will play with the rest. I usually just do single bullets, so I didn’t want to end up losing it all.

Sweet, how did you do in the $500 contest the other day? Was the competition real chalky?

• jessedio

@chickenmanE said...

Anyone like Jamal murray?

By default on FD when I play Jokic and Harden that’s all I can afford 😂

• JSteele

@jessedio said...

Sweet, how did you do in the $500 contest the other day? Was the competition real chalky?

I lost lol, I did notice that the cash line is higher than the large field contests, but the winning score is generally a lot lower.

That being said, everyone basically used an optimizer build. George Hill was 50% owned, Harden was 70% owned, Wood 80% etc. I think if you start with an Optimizer build and then swap out some of the players for lower owned plays you might have a good shot and being successful.

• tmarohl

@JSteele said...

Congrats

• JSteele

@tmarohl said...

Congrats

I built my lineup about an hour before the first game and so I didn’t have a lot of time to come to the forum and chat about it. However, I heard that some of you guys were touting Duncan Robinson and if I had made that switch between KCP and DRob, I would have won the whole thing.

• Brendan239

Tonight is one of those nights the Pistons don’t crack 80 points on the scoreboard. I have Sekou in one but that’s only because of his price and what should be lower ownership compared to the others.

• Njsum1

@theIrrigator said...

Correct. That’s all any of us have

Look, I don’t like it either, which is why I stopped playing cash 4 years ago.

In fact, I still build all my lineups for every sport by hand. You wont find a bigger DFS purest than me. I use projections (free ones) yet only as a guide, and so I don’t overlook some of the slates possible value.

Yet cash games are what they are, and I wouldn’t recommend to someone who just “must” play cash, to intentionally lose money if they can’t win cash building they’re own lineups.

I’d argue that they should reallocate that money to GPP’s, this way, at least they’ll get more excitement out of their dollar, and maybe if they get lucky, sneak one to the top. It just takes one top finish to be playing with house money for years to come.

Yet if they simply “must” play cash games, they should use an optimizer so they don’t get steamrolled by those who do.

• JSteele

@Brendan239 said...

Tonight is one of those nights the Pistons don’t crack 80 points on the scoreboard. I have Sekou in one but that’s only because of his price and what should be lower ownership compared to the others.

That would be impressive to put up only 80 points against one of the fastest, defense optional teams in the league.

• Tajtrivedi

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

My point was just that there is plenty of value out there. Which angle you want to play, is up to you.

But to say that you are hoping good value opens up seems a little odd on a slate like today.

All value is not good value. Nothing odd about what I said.

• tmarohl

Last season the optimized cash game lineup on rotogrinders cashed something like 67% of the time in single entry double ups.

• tmarohl

Don’t know if I can pay Trae’s price tonight seeing that Rondo will be available. Have to think he takes some of his minutes thus lowering his ceiling.

• Brendan239

@JSteele said...

That would be impressive to put up only 80 points against one of the fastest, defense optional teams in the league.

The Pistons are like my Lions – doesn’t matter who they play.

• Yeoman

There’s probably no need for him with all the value tonight but Mike Muscala is underpriced for his role.

• Njsum1

@dominicanpapi said...

Taurean Prince. With Dinwiddie and Durant out, that’s what….60 minutes that have to go somewhere. I doubt Nash plays Jeff Green that many minutes. He’s $3100 so if he gets you 20 fantasy points, fine, but he does have an opportunity to get more.

Yeah, I like Prince, let’s see if he draws the start or comes off the bench. I think he’s safer if he starts, yet has more upside off the bench.

I’m always wary of these type of situations (multiple players missing, new coach, new team) with guys coming off the bench as you can’t be certain of their role.

• tmarohl

Just a thought to keep in the back of your mind, but what if Lebron and AD both sit out tonight?

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

Last season the optimized cash game lineup on rotogrinders cashed something like 67% of the time in single entry double ups.

Wow. That’s even higher than I would have thought, even though NBA is the most predictable DFS sport.

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

Just a thought to keep in the back of your mind, but what if Lebron and AD both sit out tonight?

Kuzma and Schroder, lock button?

• superjon

@tmarohl said...

Schroeder time??

• ovopistons

Anyone have PGs they like tonight in FD not named Kyrie or Killian Hayes? Don’t really like either of them and would prefer to avoid the chalk there, but don’t really like anyone else either.

• Tajtrivedi

Is playing tate tonight chasing like a fool? And if LBJ sits, will the lakers finally unleash the beast (kidding) that is Wesley Matthews?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).