NBA FORUM

Comments

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

OK, trying to start a new thread.

Were others having issues with the original, too? Or just me?

• IT4MVP

My high score was 365 with 7 points from Kuzma smh. $8 lol I’m definitely not playing the right contests

• rickleese

Congrats!

• Randallus

I’m so sad. I needed 5 more FP from Schroder in the fourth quarter to win First place and 5k. He put up a straight dud in the fourth. I still cashed well, but y’all know the difference between 1st and 7th. So painful.
    I’m happy with what I won but it was so stressful watching the fourth quarter knowing everyone behind me and in front of me don’t have anyone and I just need schroder to get 5 FP.

^^^ posted this in original thread. Anyone had a similar situation tonight? I’m so burnt out lol.

• WildFireXXI

@Randallus said...

I’m so sad. I needed 5 more FP from Schroder in the fourth quarter to win First place and 5k. He put up a straight dud in the fourth. I still cashed well, but y’all know the difference between 1st and 7th. So painful.
    I’m happy with what I won but it was so stressful watching the fourth quarter knowing everyone behind me and in front of me don’t have anyone and I just need schroder to get 5 FP.

^^^ posted this in original thread. Anyone had a similar situation tonight? I’m so burnt out lol.

Yup. Played showdown, lineup on fire except for AD. Finished 5th

We’ll get them tommorow

• tmarohl

I don’t max enter much, except for the nickel and 25 cent things. Seriously thinking of max entering the three dollar clutch shot tomorrow.

• jv21

Made of the mistake of editing lineups up till lock. Too much Liliard which made play sub optimal plays expecting Lebron to be out. I am happy I broke even for the night.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

I don’t max enter much, except for the nickel and 25 cent things. Seriously thinking of max entering the three dollar clutch shot tomorrow.

good match-ups, some value. I’m doing at least 10.

• ImADonk11

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

Watching the Lakers game made me realize Gasol is going to have a negative effect on AD’s value more than I think we realize. This isn’t Javale in for 15 minutes catching a few lobs and blocking some shots. Gasol was a big part of their offense from what I saw. Gasol has been so far off of my radar the last two seasons I didn’t really think of that but it’s there. AD will have some spike games for sure but I think I’ll be fading AD and Bron almost every slate. Schroeder eats into Bron big time as well. Almost forgot about Harrell too. Man, how do the Lakers win the ship and then get WAY stronger lol. It’s almost not fair. But I think for DFS I’ll likely just stay away from them with the exception of Schroder some games when Bron is out.

• chronoxiong

Sick of this. I have yet to get a GPP cash because every night, something is happening. This was my lineup for tonight in the Shot: https://www.fanduel.com/games/52899/contests/52899-242058339/entries/2290176325/scoring

It was a great lineup going into the West Coast games. I mean, just look at it. But Morant got injured. Everyone else was doing their thing until we get to the Lakers/Blazers game. I had Kuzma as my late night hammer and I just needed him to get 20 fdp but, only 7 fdp. And all he did out there was to jack up three’s. No peripheral stats at all. So Morant’s injury, we can’t predict that. But for Kuzma, ugh. What a costly decision. I thought about playing Bojan over Kuzma and I had the salary for it too. I just didn’t do it. The other “safer” option I could have picked was Millsap. I think he had 21 fdp so that was going to depend on the GPP minimum winning scores.

I did not win my cash games again either because of Kuzma’s 7 fdp. I’m sick of this. I have to deal with lineup buyers and optimizer users and its frustrating. You people need to learn how to make your own lineups. I hate what DFS has become. I want to win again. Not the way I wanted to start the new season.

• miggs6876

@ImADonk11 said...

Watching the Lakers game made me realize Gasol is going to have a negative effect on AD’s value more than I think we realize. This isn’t Javale in for 15 minutes catching a few lobs and blocking some shots. Gasol was a big part of their offense from what I saw. Gasol has been so far off of my radar the last two seasons I didn’t really think of that but it’s there. AD will have some spike games for sure but I think I’ll be fading AD and Bron almost every slate. Schroeder eats into Bron big time as well. Almost forgot about Harrell too. Man, how do the Lakers win the ship and then get WAY stronger lol. It’s almost not fair. But I think for DFS I’ll likely just stay away from them with the exception of Schroder some games when Bron is out.

I think this is a really good take.

• synth

Man, there’s been like 5 slates and I’ve missed the cash line with 305 and 310 points in two of them.

The skill level of dfsers in NBA blows away those in MLB and NFL. You have to be sharp as hell to succeed in this one.

Mad at myself for not switching off of AD when LBJ was announced in. Wasted a good Levert/TLC/Jokic/Jonas lineup to him. Even mentioned it in the earlier thread that I just didn’t know what to switch it to. Should have figured something out though because AD and LBJ are priced too highly for the full strength lakers right now. Bench is too deep and theres too many good unselfish players for anyone to really blow up.

• miggs6876

@chronoxiong said...

Sick of this. I have yet to get a GPP cash because every night, something is happening. This was my lineup for tonight in the Shot: https://www.fanduel.com/games/52899/contests/52899-242058339/entries/2290176325/scoring

It was a great lineup going into the West Coast games. I mean, just look at it. But Morant got injured. Everyone else was doing their thing until we get to the Lakers/Blazers game. I had Kuzma as my late night hammer and I just needed him to get 20 fdp but, only 7 fdp. And all he did out there was to jack up three’s. No peripheral stats at all. So Morant’s injury, we can’t predict that. But for Kuzma, ugh. What a costly decision. I thought about playing Bojan over Kuzma and I had the salary for it too. I just didn’t do it. The other “safer” option I could have picked was Millsap. I think he had 21 fdp so that was going to depend on the GPP minimum winning scores.

I did not win my cash games again either because of Kuzma’s 7 fdp. I’m sick of this. I have to deal with lineup buyers and optimizer users and its frustrating. You people need to learn how to make your own lineups. I hate what DFS has become. I want to win again. Not the way I wanted to start the new season.

Dang Chrono. Lots of times playing dfs is frustrating. Lots of variables, unknowns, and unforseen circumstances like injuries, scratches, and game script. Hang in there. You will win again and hopefully big. Play some single entry gpps so the masses don’t have a great advantage. Also, I try not to gamble so much that I become upset if I lose. Of course I want to win and sometimes get frustrated. Nevertheless, I still want to have fun researching and making my rosters. FYI. I had Kuzma too. I though he was a good punt with LeBron out and possibly limited AD. So much for that happening. Kuzma usually gets several rebounds. I couldn’t watch any games tonight. I was shocked when I saw Morant and Kuzma fps.

• eatmyturf23

@Jsmitty123433 said...

I can’t figure it out I’m too worked up up 3 with lillard coming in hot 3 lineup train behind me

Congrats! Exciting man! Unreal that you also binked a 6 figure win last year.

Also amusing to me that with your win equity and nba smarts we couldn’t get a link to enjoy the sweat with you. ;) just teasing, insanely happy for you man!

• chronoxiong

@miggs6876 said...

Dang Chrono. Lots of times playing dfs is frustrating. Lots of variables, unknowns, and unforseen circumstances like injuries, scratches, and game script. Hang in there. You will win again and hopefully big. Play some single entry gpps so the masses don’t have a great advantage. Also, I try not to gamble so much that I become upset if I lose. Of course I want to win and sometimes get frustrated. Nevertheless, I still want to have fun researching and making my rosters. FYI. I had Kuzma too. I though he was a good punt with LeBron out and possibly limited AD. So much for that happening. Kuzma usually gets several rebounds. I couldn’t watch any games tonight. I was shocked when I saw Morant and Kuzma fps.

Thanks buddy. Every night, I play in the Dribbler, Swat and usually Block gpps. Then I enter in some cash games. Every night since the season started, I been playing $20 on average and its not working out for me. Ever night, a variable doesn’t work in my favor. I either land on landmines or my lineup is good enough, but not good enough to beat the lineup optimizers, lineup buyers and whatever it is now. Its very frustrating. I made similar posts like this before. I stopped complaining after I won the Dribbler for one night. But since then, I keep failing to win or stay afloat. Anyways yeah, thanks for the kind words. This doesn’t mean I will stop playing. I like trying to figure out a lineup that will beat the masses. Its just very difficult now due to the things I mentioned. So upset that Kuzma didn’t do anything in his 23 mins of playing time. No rebounds, or assists. All he did out there was spot up for the 3 pointer. I noticed he was 20% owned in cash and around 10-15% owned in GPPs so it means a lot of people thought he would get the 20 fdp we projected. sigh I could have still cashed despite the Morant injury. The cruelty of how DFS has become. We used to be able to still cash if we made one wrong pick. But not two wrong picks now.

• Jamescan22

You’re not going to beat people using optimizers using basic tools and reading blogs, those days are done. You’re also going to be losing more money than you’ll win by joining them because you won’t be able to make up for he sunk cost of investing in an external source. There really isn’t a lot of money to be made in DFS unless you’re the big sharks with a lot of cash to cover all their bases and max enter.

I imagine even the best players are marginally profitable playing cash. I play about 15 dollars a day and I’m marginally profitable everyday and I’m fine with that because I enjoy DFS and it’s seriously fun. As long as you don’t go overboard and stay within your limits and just enjoy the games, you’ll be fine.

If you’re losing too much then obviously there is something you’re doing wrong. Focus on what mistakes you could have made. For example, playing Kuzma in cash is almost always a bad idea, he is so scoring reliant, even with lebron out he can be an absolute dud. There were so many options at his positon (dort, Harris, prince, cabarrot, bogdanovich’s, J.Jackson).

• miggs6876

@chronoxiong said...

Thanks buddy. Every night, I play in the Dribbler, Swat and usually Block gpps. Then I enter in some cash games. Every night since the season started, I been playing $20 on average and its not working out for me. Ever night, a variable doesn’t work in my favor. I either land on landmines or my lineup is good enough, but not good enough to beat the lineup optimizers, lineup buyers and whatever it is now. Its very frustrating. I made similar posts like this before. I stopped complaining after I won the Dribbler for one night. But since then, I keep failing to win or stay afloat. Anyways yeah, thanks for the kind words. This doesn’t mean I will stop playing. I like trying to figure out a lineup that will beat the masses. Its just very difficult now due to the things I mentioned. So upset that Kuzma didn’t do anything in his 23 mins of playing time. No rebounds, or assists. All he did out there was spot up for the 3 pointer. I noticed he was 20% owned in cash and around 10-15% owned in GPPs so it means a lot of people thought he would get the 20 fdp we projected. sigh I could have still cashed despite the Morant injury. The cruelty of how DFS has become. We used to be able to still cash if we made one wrong pick. But not two wrong picks now.

I remember when you won the GPP last year. I’m still trying to win one. Came close with top 20 of couple of times but that’s just peanuts since the payouts are so top heavy. That’s my biggest complaint with dfs. I like playing both the dribbler and the block too. Also, play a bunch of 25c ones to have some varied line ups. All in all, I have a lot of fun especially when I’m close to the money line or the top. Many people here are really helpful.

• miggs6876

@Jamescan22 said...

You’re not going to beat people using optimizers using basic tools and reading blogs, those days are done. You’re also going to be losing more money than you’ll win by joining them because you won’t be able to make up for he sunk cost of investing in an external source. There really isn’t a lot of money to be made in DFS unless you’re the big sharks with a lot of cash to cover all their bases and max enter.

I imagine even the best players are marginally profitable playing cash. I play about 15 dollars a day and I’m marginally profitable everyday and I’m fine with that because I enjoy DFS and it’s seriously fun. As long as you don’t go overboard and stay within your limits and just enjoy the games, you’ll be fine.

If you’re losing too much then obviously there is something you’re doing wrong. Focus on what mistakes you could have made. For example, playing Kuzma in cash is almost always a bad idea, he is so scoring reliant, even with lebron out he can be an absolute dud. There were so many options at his positon (dort, Harris, prince, cabarrot, bogdanovich’s, J.Jackson).

Long time ago the veteran players suggested I play single entry gpp instead of the 150 multiple entry ones. I have basically followed their advice for years. However, I do like to chase the “million/half mil dollar dream” and play a line up or 2 in football.

• ghost3490

This is a very tough sport. Had a 306 with Morant (injury)and Mitchell (sucked) in the mid range jumper. Today, strictly a cash game lineup to get that 40 back.

• TheRyanFlaherty

Man, wound up with 340 on DK despite having Morant. Sucks that it could be weeks, months, or maybe all year, until I feel like I got that much correct, but then an injury sinks things. Oh well…

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

I did 100 opening night for the milly but have just been doing 30. I think I may also

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@miggs6876 said...

I think this is a really good take.

I said this opening night and at halftime. He just explained it way more in depth lol. Thank you for getting my point across better Donk

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@eatmyturf23 said...

Congrats! Exciting man! Unreal that you also binked a 6 figure win last year.

Also amusing to me that with your win equity and nba smarts we couldn’t get a link to enjoy the sweat with you. ;) just teasing, insanely happy for you man!

The thread broke yesterday so my reply never got to you. I dont think the Lebron news you had would of helped me any even if had been around prior to lock since he got listed questionable after the game Sunday night. So no biggie

• miggs6876

@theIrrigator said...

I said this opening night and at halftime. He just explained it way more in depth lol. Thank you for getting my point across better Donk

I remember that post. At that point, I wasn’t convinced it was true. Obviously, I think otherwise now.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@chronoxiong said...

Thanks buddy. Every night, I play in the Dribbler, Swat and usually Block gpps. Then I enter in some cash games. Every night since the season started, I been playing $20 on average and its not working out for me.

Switch it up. If you are gonna play $20 every night instead of playing one lineup i would do 50-75 in the .25 gpp. Then put your main lineup in the $1 and $2 single entry. I would throw it in the $3 main GPP in case you have the nuts. That will be your “optimal” or “main” lineup and then when you dont the variance go your way you have 49-74 other lineups that still have a chance to win you a couple thousand or at least help you break even.

If you dont want to use a lineup builder and dont have time to do 50-75 by hand then just build 20 or 30 lineups and throw those in the .05 gpp also. You may still lose every night but maybe you will enjoy it more

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@miggs6876 said...

I remember that post. At that point, I wasn’t convinced it was true. Obviously, I think otherwise now.

Lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).