7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 11 ) at Toronto ( -11 ) —- T: 216.5
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 9 ) at Okla City ( -9 ) —- T: 210
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 6.5 ) at New Orleans ( -6.5 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 3 ) at Chicago ( -3 ) —- T: 208.5
    8:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 6 ) at Miami ( -6 ) —- T: 206
    10:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 2.5 ) at Sacramento ( -2.5 ) —- T: 210
    10:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 11 ) at Golden State ( -11 ) —- T: 214
    10:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 0 ) at LA Lakers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Beckhams3Fingers

NBA players…

• tmarohl

@roach62 said...

and im stating facts..

im watching the game…he subbed in and cornered a Hawks player on the sideline and they called a foul; announcers said it was on Siakim

not even 30 seconds later he hacked Schroder on the arm for a foul…the announcers said thats the 2nd on him and now hes gonna have to check out…

thats when i typed my response

i didnt check “online boxscores”…all you had to say was- hey i think your wrong hes only got 1 and hes still in or something to that effect..

not be a fucking douchebag and say well you are making it up blah blah

but im done with you..again good luck bro..

Good luck to you as well. You should have went back and edited your post then. Sorry if you feel I was being too harsh.

• eatmyturf23

So, J-Val came back in with 5:20 in the 2Q…

• Dirtycop

I’m guessing this may have been mentioned before, but how about if they put in the next lower priced guy for the position if a player never enters the game.

• Mrm2010

It seems like its that time of the NBA season that we get these late scratches-it sucks bad. Kawhi last night and Dunn tonight. Fortunately Dunn is in only one of my cash LUs, could still cash but I am not confidant about that. Played one late night last night that got almost all my $ back so doing the same tonight.

• richierich

@tmarohl said...

Lots of times in the NBA the decision is not made until the player goes through pregame warm ups. With that said, they should at least give us a questionable tag so we know we are taking a risk if we play a guy.

Same with NFL, though… and they have to declare by 90 minutes prior.

And yeah, like you said. You can just have completely keep an injury a secret, and then spring it on everyone right before tip. Ridiculous. That’s criminal.

Even for pure basketball purposes, you shouldn’t be able to do that.

• chrisstout

Carmelo is really killing value versus dunn

• Beckhams3Fingers

Even with all these late scratches, nothing comes even remotely close to NFL being the most hellish dfs sport there is.

• warrendeath

This is brutal. I’m not even checking my LUs based on the stats and games. Sheesh.

• jglumsic

Nice rondo… 2 dk pts way to follow up your 25 assist game smh

• Njsum1

I really don’t like late swap for NBA, it completely ruins the night IMO, having to redo all your lineups to account for news. It’s not a simple swap out scratched guy, not if you hope to compete. When tip-off happens I just want to be able to enjoy the game/watch my teams. However, I think something should be done with these late scratches. An easy and fair solution IMO is that if you have a player late scratched who wasn’t on the injury report you receive 4x his salary. It’s simple, it’s not too much that people who didn’t have the player should complain and it’s not too little that you still can’t reach the cash line in a GPP.

• warrendeath

I always pick the wrong big in NO. Every single time.

• chrisstout

I would also like to send out a big “‘screw you shout out “ to jon wall and josh Richardson as well

• JohnBeal

melo is washed. hang it up

• kinger

Tyler Johnson may as well be a Late scratch. Dildo aint doing shit!!!!!

• mmmfriedchicken

@Njsum1 said...

I really don’t like late swap for NBA, it completely ruins the night IMO, having to redo all your lineups to account for news. It’s not a simple swap out scratched guy, not if you hope to compete. When tip-off happens I just want to be able to enjoy the game/watch my teams. However, I think something should be done with these late scratches. An easy and fair solution IMO is that if you have a player late scratched who wasn’t on the injury report you receive 4x his salary. It’s simple, it’s not too much that people who didn’t have the player should complain and it’s not too little that you still can’t reach the cash line in a GPP.

That’s actually a really good idea imo

• BBWC_10

OK so the Mavs have almost 50 pts midway through the 2nd quarter and their leading scorer has 2 pts. How do you explain this?

• fanturds

@JohnBeal said...

melo is washed. hang it up

That awkward feeling when washed up superstars are a few years younger than you

• SkateFiend

I imagine these kinds of late scratches will be even more common come February.

NBA teams have gigantic incentive to tank. All the average to crappy teams will want their hands on their own Ben Simmons. The Bulls are like 12-22, so their season is already over. If they play inspiring basketball and sneak into the 8th spot, they’ll be instantly taken out. Seriously in the NBA the championship game is practically reserved for the 1% of the competition. Losing teams are just better off aiming for the lottery.

Why do NBA fans tolerate 50% of the league running themselves like the Marlins? I wouldn’t pay to see Suns game where no one plays any defense and some like Chriss averages 21 minutes – he does close to nothing. They booted Bledsoe and split PG duties among 3 no name guards. That’s entertainment value? If a baseball team was 10 games under .500 and they gave up on May, fans wouldn’t stand for that.

• RogueGrinder

@Njsum1 said...

bad idea in imho. these things happen. thats the gambling aspect of DFS. I had Dunn too.

• chrisstout

• Dirtycop

There is a $8, $250k DK late slate tourney….how do you play this?

• DC2380

my boy otto balling!!!

• BBWC_10

@mmmfriedchicken said...

That’s actually a really good idea imo

So if your guy isn’t scratched and he twists his ankle 2 minutes into the game you get 0X? that isn’t very fair either.

• SkateFiend

What the HELL happened to Bledsoe?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).