7:00 PM EST : Houston ( -2 ) at New Orleans ( 2 ) —- T: 228
    7:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 1.5 ) at Washington ( -1.5 ) —- T: 226.5
    7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 5 ) at Atlanta ( -5 ) —- T: 218
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( -3 ) at Memphis ( 3 ) —- T: 201
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 13.5 ) at Utah ( -13.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( -5 ) at Phoenix ( 5 ) —- T: 215
    10:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -3.5 ) at Portland ( 3.5 ) —- T: 224
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 3.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 227.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BUFUu2

5 forwards in one lineup to many tonight

• monarch

@captainwacky said...

Gonna have to be a wait and see there; he sprained his ankle but played through it in the last few minutes. Otherwise I’m back in on him.

Booker or Murray? The only ankle sprain I saw was Beasley. Booker looked fine

• captainwacky

@monarch said...

Booker or Murray? The only ankle sprain I saw was Beasley. Booker looked fine

Murray. Beasley also sprained his ankle but actually had to leave. Murray stepped on a foot backpedaling and was down for a minute but toughed it out.

• underdawgs

Who gets Pop’d tonight – Derozan, LMA, or Gay?
    Some good Spurs value will open up if/when we get word… which will probably come after lock…

• DfsBopBooth

@captainwacky said...

Murray. Beasley also sprained his ankle but actually had to leave. Murray stepped on a foot backpedaling and was down for a minute but toughed it out.

With that line and being on a b2b after playing 40 mins I wouldn’t be surprised if he sits tonight.

• monarch

@DfsBopBooth said...

With that line and being on a b2b after playing 40 mins I wouldn’t be surprised if he sits tonight.

I hope he plays because I want low ownership on Morris. I dont think Beasley will play

• jayzee666

@RandysCrow said...

Jayzee666’s pregame locker room pep talk to his lineup before lock

Works every night too!

• DfsBopBooth

@DirkDigglerz said...

Yeah nice lineup you got there, could’ve been 100$ in the Baller

and I had 3 entries in there and 10 in the mini baller. Running 2 LU’s in the baller and 7 in the mini tonight.

• 2021Labs

@underdawgs said...

Who gets Pop’d tonight – Derozan, LMA, or Gay?
    Some good Spurs value will open up if/when we get word… which will probably come after lock…

If LMA or Gay sits, Bertans becomes a really solid play imo.

• Njsum1

@dustyschmidt22 said...

-Hardens base projection is one of the most valuable relative to price on the slate, however he has a low floor for his price tag and not a lot of projected upside. Obviously hes not a bad play, but not a lock button guy for me tonight.
    -ADs base projection isnt as valuable, but he offers a much better floor and the highest upside of anyone on the slate. If choosing between the 2, I’ll probably lean AD, however there are a lot of very good value options at F/C, as well as Nikola Jokic on the high end.

I think it’s site specific. For example, on DK…I disagree with this assessment.

I want guys like Harden and Westbrook (not playing tonight I know) on DK, due to 3 pt bonuses, triple double and double double bonuses. Blocks and steals only worth 2 points and turnovers are only minus .5.

So tonight if I had to chose between harden and Ad on DK give me Harden. He’s also not on a back to back 3 in 4.

On Yahoo or FanDuel, I’d rather AD, provided the back to back 3 in 4 isn’t going to hamper him too much.

Yet I agree you can fade both. I won’t, but with the mid range looking decent I can see it. But if porter, Wall, and Morris are out again, I’m going to have at least one stud.

I don’t like to evaluate players without evaluating the slate. IMO, it’s more important to assess the slate, before evaluating players.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Nights like tonight are always interesting from theory and construction stand points. Everyone the first couple pages talking about Harden and AD and for good reason. They’re easy to fit in, especially under the assumption Wall sits. Massive ceilings for sure. At the same time on DK you can fit in Dame, Durant, LMA, and Jokic for example with a couple cheap Wizards and a couple other values and get the same effect. Lots of different ways to build. No shortage of good plays. Should be fun.

• dominicanpapi

Everyone focusing on Houston and New Orleans, rightfully so but you got Denver and Phoenix and Blazers/Warriors at probably lower ownership. I think it’s definitely feasible to fit Davis and Harden but no one is concerned about the B2B situation for Davis? Even if it is a back to back at home?

• machzeagher

Threw some lineups in Yahoo last night for the first time with NBA. Can anyone explain the ownership percentage on there? There were some plays that were closer to 30% owned on DK but every player I rostered on Yahoo was under 6%. Looked through some of the top lineups of the night and couldn’t find anyone over 10% either. Is ownership presented or calculated differently on Yahoo? Took a couple weeks off from NBA, apologies if this has already been covered recently.

• kbsktbll88

@captainwacky said...

Gonna have to be a wait and see there; he sprained his ankle but played through it in the last few minutes. Otherwise I’m back in on him.

Malik Beasley too, is he playing? He sprained it pretty bad last night. Could barely shoot the free throws and had to get subbed out.

• Njsum1

@superjon said...

I’ll give you 3.

1. He’s only barely made value in 2 out of his last 7 vs them.

2. He’s only had 3 ceiling games all year at his 8k price tag on FD.

3. Foul trouble

He’s a little cheaper on DK at 7200, yet that’s the higher end of his price range. I agree, that I don’t like the price, yet I think he’s still in a good spot. I would be more likely to one off him on DK then go heavy. If he was like 6400 on DK like last game he’d be a core play. On yahoo, he’s a lock at $23.

• captainwacky

Doubt we see him.

• DfsBopBooth

@monarch said...

I hope he plays because I want low ownership on Morris. I dont think Beasley will play

I def like Morris on yahoo. Their rotation is only 8 players, so hes getting good mins

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

My crystal ball says Beasley is out and Barton is in, but limited.

• eatmyturf23

@jayzee666 said...

Works every night too!

I’ve seen you winning lately… I think your pep talks have lost their efficacy!

Maybe a new pep talk?

• Kmasonbx

@superjon said...

Even with the lowest score being dropped on FD, I don’t think it’s a good idea to pair them. That’s 42% of your salary on just two players.

Not only is it unlikely they will both get 70+ fpts, but you’ll also need a lot of help from your punts. And I mean, a lot.

I think the winning LU is more likely to contain Harden or AD paired with a 9k player, and then 2 mid range players. So something like AD, Jokic, Mitchell, Ingles and then fill in the rest with some value plays/punts.

I think on most slates this is 100% correct. But there are so many guys 4.5k and lower on DK with huge upside. Jeff Green is 3.9, Monte Morris puts up mid 20s every game and Malik Beasley is likely out, Zeller, Kornet, Bryant as long as Kieff is out again, Burks. It’s pretty easy to fit both in and have a lineup that looks good.

• ASitar

Is SGA too expensive on DK?

• superjon

@Njsum1 said...

I think it’s site specific. For example, on DK…I disagree with this assessment.

I want guys like Harden and Westbrook (not playing tonight I know) on DK, due to 3 pt bonuses, triple double and double double bonuses. Blocks and steals only worth 2 points and turnovers are only minus .5.

So tonight if I had to chose between harden and Ad on DK give me Harden. He’s also not on a back to back 3 in 4.

On Yahoo or FanDuel, I’d rather AD, provided the back to back 3 in 4 isn’t going to hamper him too much.

Yet I agree you can fade both. I won’t, but with the mid range looking decent I can see it. But if porter, Wall, and Morris are out again, I’m going to have at least one stud.

I don’t like to evaluate players without evaluating the slate. IMO, it’s more important to assess the slate, before evaluating players.

I like Harden over AD on FD. Just because AD is the only PF to pay up for which should meanHarden will be at slightly lower ownership.

• miggs6876

@DfsBopBooth said...

I think like Clarkson and Burks tonight and depending on the Trae chart, we can run it back with him. I think Both Clarkson and Trae both go for 35.

I’m playing them with 3 or 4 studs. However, it includes fading AD and Harden. Not set in stone yet.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

My crystal ball says Beasley is out and Barton is in, but limited.

I dont believe that Barton has even returned to practice. Harris and Milsap will return before him.

• Erwin827

@machzeagher said...

Threw some lineups in Yahoo last night for the first time with NBA. Can anyone explain the ownership percentage on there? There were some plays that were closer to 30% owned on DK but every player I rostered on Yahoo was under 6%. Looked through some of the top lineups of the night and couldn’t find anyone over 10% either. Is ownership presented or calculated differently on Yahoo? Took a couple weeks off from NBA, apologies if this has already been covered recently.

Which contest? Typically you see that in the free cup because a lot of entries don’t set lineups.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).