7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 4.5 ) at Washington ( -4.5 ) —- T: 209
    7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 1.5 ) at Atlanta ( -1.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    7:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 7.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -7.5 ) —- T: 219
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 2.5 ) at Houston ( -2.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    8:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 218
    9:00 PM EST : Boston ( 8.5 ) at Utah ( -8.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    10:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 6.5 ) at Golden State ( -6.5 ) —- T: 217
    10:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -1.5 ) at LA Lakers ( 1.5 ) —- T: 215

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Blink4

Levert 4800 on FD? I mean I know he’s been bad this year… but come on. Will be 75% owned at that price

• superjon

Some people I will likely be underweight on tonight

Sabonis
    Dinwiddie
    Conley
    Harden
    Tatum
    CP3

• Irisheric777

Prince revenge

• fleishmo6

Going back to phx chalk on FD

Cam Johnson and Payne

• siddom

@superjon said...

Some people I will likely be underweight on tonight

Sabonis
    Dinwiddie
    Conley
    Harden
    Tatum
    CP3

Jbs out I think u want Tatum in that scenario but not sure his price

• frugal

Erly looks

C: Tempted to take JVal again, I don’t see how DAL’s inner D is going to continue at All NBA level after the garbage they’ve been inside all season. Wood’s around the same price though coming off injury. Dedmon’s price increased just enough to not make him a 100% lock as Gafford’s been playing extremely well and it around the same price. And then there’s Mo…

F: Wagner still has some upside at that price as does Tate on the flip side, though not expecting the crazed performance he had last game. Cam Johnson probably a value lock.

G: I love Luka tonight in what I feel will be a more competitive game that the last. Paul with no Booker vs Curry. Outside those guys at the high end and Payne at the low end, a handful of midrange guys in good spots: Anthony, Herro, Lowry, Jackson, Huerter, Edwards.

• NarrowJ

Payne is only going to play 20 minutes. I’d bet a large sum of money he won’t duplicate 31 fp in 20 minutes again. He benefits very marginally usage-wise and really not at all minutes-wise from Booker being out. I’d advise against chasing that. I have him projected at 20 minutes and roughly 18 fp tonight.

EDIT: Another note on PHX is that Cam Johnson closed the game last night instead of Crowder. Unsure as to why, other than Crowder had a really subpar outing.

• frugal

@NarrowJ said...

Payne is only going to play 20 minutes. I’d bet a large sum of money he won’t duplicate 31 fp in 20 minutes again. He benefits very marginally usage-wise and really not at all minutes-wise from Booker being out. I’d advise against chasing that. I have him projected at 20 minutes and roughly 18 fp tonight.

EDIT: Another note on PHX is that Cam Johnson closed the game last night instead of Crowder. Unsure as to why, other than Crowder had a really subpar outing.

I’m not sure PHX has a set in stone plan here without Booker. DET plays bigger so Johnson playing more minutes make sense. GSW plays a little smaller and faster so it absolutely could be Payne who sees more minutes tonight, he’s pretty consistently putting up better than 1 FPPM games

• jv21

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

My reaction as someone who did not play yesterday when I saw the Giannis late scratch, MEM blowout, SAS blowout.

On a serious note, how are yall dealing with variance this season? I have been wrong on a lot of things which would have been right last year. Injuries, blowouts, teams being worse this year (UTA, LAL). I also heard a comment chalk may be more higher owned so being contrarian is probably the right move.

• frugal

@jv21 said...

On a serious note, how are yall dealing with variance this season?

Losing…

• zeeshan2

Porzingis listed as doubtful

• frugal

@zeeshan2 said...

Porzingis listed as doubtful

And Maxi becomes a lock.

• osuryanf

After LeVert’s DUD at $5400 Draftkings decided to bump his price UP to $5700 lol!!

Yeah, no thanks.

• NarrowJ

@frugal said...

I’m not sure PHX has a set in stone plan here without Booker. DET plays bigger so Johnson playing more minutes make sense. GSW plays a little smaller and faster so it absolutely could be Payne who sees more minutes tonight, he’s pretty consistently putting up better than 1 FPPM games

The smallball stuff is kind of a top-down thing, from how I have come to understand it. This has more of an effect on the 3 thru 5 positions where it hurts your true center type of player, but really benefits the forwards who play up a position and get additional floor time and rebounding opportunities. Payne is primarily a PG at 6’1” so I don’t see smallball getting him more minutes. You’ll see him around 20-22 minutes, which might be fine at 3.7k on DK, if he hits 8 shots and grabs 6 boards again (extremely unlikely imo).

I will have a few shares, but don’t see any relevant reason that he’d play [m]any more minutes than he did last night.

• tmarohl

@Blink4 said...

Levert 4800 on FD? I mean I know he’s been bad this year… but come on. Will be 75% owned at that price

Playing the Heat with no Bam or Jimmy. Heat on front end of back to back as well.

• damionismyname

@osuryanf said...

e

$4800 on fd

• osuryanf

@damionismyname said...

$4800 on fd

I still don’t think I’d touch him. I’ve told myself about $4,000 is the price I’ll play him again.

He sucks now.

• kingmalice9

Im buying into the narrative of a big Curry bounce back game, especially that this game got flexed in place of the LA v LA game

• tmarohl

@osuryanf said...

I still don’t think I’d touch him. I’ve told myself about $4,000 is the price I’ll play him again.

He sucks now.

Was McConnel out last game when Levert busted or not? Seems like there should be some more guard usage available now.

• yisman

December 3 and still no change with Kyrie and Ben Simmons.

• Wsdm61987

Toby lookin’ to be a GTD tonight

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

December 3 and still no change with Kyrie and Ben Simmons.

With this new variant now, the chances of NYC dropping their vax requirement, which I think Kyrie and Brooklyn were planning on happening, is probably less likely now.
    With Simmons, hard to see anyone meeting Philly’s asking price. You are not getting a star in return for Simmons at this point.

• Wsdm61987

@chrisbanas said...

Im buying into the narrative of a big Curry bounce back game, especially that this game got flexed in place of the LA v LA game

Yeah, I dont see him playin’ as poorly as he did last time out.

Edit: I dont know about a big bounce back, but a definite bounce back. Shootin’ improves, but not significantly enough that he’s a necessary piece in LU’s.

• Irisheric777

Look at maxis games with porz out. How is he a lock?

• frugal

@NarrowJ said...

The smallball stuff is kind of a top-down thing, from how I have come to understand it. This has more of an effect on the 3 thru 5 positions where it hurts your true center type of player, but really benefits the forwards who play up a position and get additional floor time and rebounding opportunities. Payne is primarily a PG at 6’1” so I don’t see smallball getting him more minutes. You’ll see him around 20-22 minutes, which might be fine at 3.7k on DK, if he hits 8 shots and grabs 6 boards again (extremely unlikely imo).

I will have a few shares, but don’t see any relevant reason that he’d play [m]any more minutes than he did last night.

I get that, but they are down a guard. PHX isn’t benching Ayton so maybe Cam J plays a few more minutes at C over McGee, that opens up a spot for Payne to play a few more minutes at a guard position with the other forwards playing up a spot. I’m not suggesting Payne sees 30 here, but there’s a chance he sees closer to 25.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).