7:30 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at Boston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -1 ) at Minnesota ( 1 ) —- T: 210
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 0 ) at Houston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 3.5 ) at Atlanta ( -3.5 ) —- T: 201.5
    8:30 PM EST : Portland ( 0 ) at San Antonio ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 11 ) at Denver ( -11 ) —- T: 211.5
    10:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 18 ) at Golden State ( -18 ) —- T: 212

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• LouisD21

Morning grinders, I’m on FD and I like to budget myself to around $10/day or 5 lineups. Lately I have only been doing the max 3 LU in the $1 Swat and the $1 single entry Dribbler and 1 LU in either the $2 Block or $3 Shot or a $1-5 cash game (50/50, 100 player etc). With my budget, am I doing it “correctly” to build a bankroll? Should I switch it up? I am new to DFS this NBA season. Any advice would be great thanks guys!

• gausman7

good morning…on to a new day.

Initial thoughts: I love a Washington stack today (especially if Beal is out). Wall is over 10k on DK, but without Beal his usage would justify his price. Porter, Morris, and Gortat are all in play for me. Think 3 of those four will end up being my core and I’ll sprinkle in some San Antonio. The big spread in the late game should allow for some late game value so I’m not just watching my name race down the leaderboard after 10:30pm. Good slate though…should be fun.

• ppierce

What’s up with fanduel not including the Washington game in its main slate?

• KillaChap

@ppierce said...

What’s up with fanduel not including the Washington game in its main slate?

It’s a 4:00pm tip off. Games that early aren’t on the main slate during the week.

Edit: My mistake. The only thing I can think of is that they wanted to have an early slate as well?

• xxbigkidxx

It’s the Chicago Indiana game that has the 4pm tip off.

• dominicanpapi

Yeah its weird, the main slate starts at 8. Shame too, there was a ton of value there in that Wiz-Nets game

• sonicattack

yeah the 8pm main slate is a huge bummer imo.

• WestCrook1

TJ McConnell TIME

• gausman7

McConnell is pretty much a no brainer tonight. so cheap.

• gausman7

Anthony Davis is set up to go off tonight. Everything inside of me is telling me “DONT DO IT!” He is still gonna make a couple of lineups…and then he is gonna play like dick…then I am gonna bitch on here tomorrow that I shouldn’t pay up for guys like Brow cuz they let you down more often than not.

DFS is like a hot ex-girlfriend that was a blast in bed. About 2 weeks after you break up with her you remember all the great stuff and forget the fact that she would cry at restaurants, go through your phone, and throw your clothes on the front porch from a second story window a couple of times a month.

• jayace13

Why are Indy and Chicago playing so early. This could have been a nice 8 game main slate on FD.

• debeatup

@LouisD21 said...

Morning grinders, I’m on FD and I like to budget myself to around $10/day or 5 lineups. Lately I have only been doing the max 3 LU in the $1 Swat and the $1 single entry Dribbler and 1 LU in either the $2 Block or $3 Shot or a $1-5 cash game (50/50, 100 player etc). With my budget, am I doing it “correctly” to build a bankroll? Should I switch it up? I am new to DFS this NBA season. Any advice would be great thanks guys!

Honestly I think you should only play $1 or $2 worth of GPP. It’s a losing effort to build a bankroll via GPP and if you can then you should be a pro then. By default most GPP payout is going to the top 20-25% which means you would automatically win all your cash games with those same scores.

My personal strategy is to play mostly in my league games, about 30-100 members max. Gives me a GPP feel but realistic chances of winning because the contests are usually about 15 deep.

Just know building a Bankroll, especially at low stakes, is pretty boring compared to the thrill of chasing five-figure payouts but it feels much better than making a deposit every week

• BUFUu2

well wall’s price jumped a lot, In a great spot with a high scoring game I think i will still fade him and play porter and beal… Unless beal is out…

• SzymonK

@LouisD21 said...

Its hard to cash in big in those $ 1tourneys. I make 4-5 Line ups and put in $60-80 across $2 ×5 Rooms and $ 5-$10- 3-100 Rooms.

For Example Yesterday 314.4 got me

2nd of 100 in $5 3-100 and got $75.00 – 1.8 points away from 1st $ 125.00
    4th of 100 in $10 3-100 and got $ 80.00- 8.0 point away from 1st $ 250.00

The same 314.4 in the large tourneys

488 of 29000 in $1 $25K single entree got $ 5
    173 of 11764 in $2 $20K single entree got $ 10

• LouisD21

Never fails. Had a lineup with Hill and Bledsoe…3 min before tip didn’t want to risk Hill not playing so swapped for Harrison and Lowry…figure out how it ended up. :/

• letsampitup

Greg Monroe vs Timberwolves bench?

• JPep2370

Would you guys put mcconnell in a 50/50? i’m leaning to yes simply bc of the price

Also agree with gausman, Wall is a great play, I probably am going to put in him and Gortat as well.

• LouisD21

@SzymonK said...

Its hard to cash in big in those $ 1tourneys. I make 4-5 Line ups and put in $60-80 across $2 ×5 Rooms and $ 5-$10- 3-100 Rooms.

For Example Yesterday 314.4 got me

2nd of 100 in $5 3-100 and got $75.00 – 1.8 points away from 1st $ 125.00
    4th of 100 in $10 3-100 and got $ 80.00- 8.0 point away from 1st $ 250.00

The same 314.4 in the large tourneys

488 of 29000 in $1 $25K single entree got $ 5
    173 of 11764 in $2 $20K single entree got $ 10

So you’re saying with a $10/day budget I would be better off doing $1-2 100 player rooms?

• CJtheGrump

@gausman7 said...

Free Square.

• JPep2370

@LouisD21 said...

I think you got sound advice from a couple of the other guys above but from a newbie on the NBA side as well I suggest just 50/50’s. If you want that GPP feel toss your 50/50 lu in the free arcade contest, that’s what I do. You could even make a couple changes from that 50/50 lu to be more contrarian leaning to more of a GPP style lu. If you must play a GPP at low stakes look for single entries or a max of 3-5 entries. Once you start getting into the 25+ entries or more I feel like you are just throwing your money away. But I’m new so may not be the most sound advice but agree with guys above.

• xdan3220

@gausman7 said...

I’d be VERY careful about this. I know no Sergio but coming from a Sixer fan that watches the games that Detroit game he started was an extreme aberration. He played 27 minutes last night and I don’t think he even had 10 fantasy points and they just don’t run offense through him. The last 4 or 5 minutes of the game last night Brett Brown ran Stauskas as point guard and if you want a Sixer tonight who will be cheap that is the guy you want IMO, he will handle way more playmaking and he can actually score which TJ cannot.

• pizzalovertyler

Looking like Philly stack is the way to go?

• debeatup

@letsampitup said...

Greg Monroe vs Timberwolves bench?

Twolves bench, especially the Bigs, get no run. KAT and Dieng play big minutes with a sprinkle of Blejica. Wiggins is a 100% lock in every lineup for me though. The Bucks have serious issues defending on the Wing

• SzymonK

@LouisD21 said...

So you’re saying with a $10/day budget I would be better off doing $1-2 100 player rooms?

to build a bankroll? I think so.

If I was you Id enter in the $2 Quintuple that gets you X5. I think its by far the easiest way to score $50 from $10

• xdan3220

Just as a follow up on McConnell, I don’t know much but I do know my Sixers, I was on here most of the day saying not to play Noel, didn’t think he would get 20 minutes, which I was wrong and right. He got 22 minutes in a game in which Okafor had to sit the entire 1st quarter in foul trouble and then missed most of the 3rd with a hamstring injury. If not Brett Brown said he was just gonna play 4 minute increments, or about 16-18 minutes. So just make sure that if you use McConnell you’re ok only getting 10-15 fantasy points from him.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler