7:30 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at Boston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -1 ) at Minnesota ( 1 ) —- T: 210
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 0 ) at Houston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 3.5 ) at Atlanta ( -3.5 ) —- T: 201.5
    8:30 PM EST : Portland ( 0 ) at San Antonio ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 11 ) at Denver ( -11 ) —- T: 211.5
    10:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 18 ) at Golden State ( -18 ) —- T: 212

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• debeatup

Gary Harris and Barton would be the guards I’d target, along with Castillo in cash. There’s a reason why McConnell was third on the depth chart. Personally I like Jokic only from the game

• CJtheGrump

@xdan3220 said...

I’d be VERY careful about this. I know no Sergio but coming from a Sixer fan that watches the games that Detroit game he started was an extreme aberration. He played 27 minutes last night and I don’t think he even had 10 fantasy points and they just don’t run offense through him. The last 4 or 5 minutes of the game last night Brett Brown ran Stauskas as point guard and if you want a Sixer tonight who will be cheap that is the guy you want IMO, he will handle way more playmaking and he can actually score which TJ cannot.

The part that concerns me most is the idea that he’s not going to function as the PG – but he’s not being rostered for his scoring per se. It’s his price and the idea that he’ll get minutes. The assists and steals are where his value is going to come from. Mudiay has a pretty high turnover rate when you filter for significant minutes played.

But as you said, they may opt for Stauskas to carry more of the ball-handling. If McConnell isn’t going to be doing that, his potential value evaporates.

• tmarohl

@jayace13 said...

Why are Indy and Chicago playing so early. This could have been a nice 8 game main slate on FD.

I believe it has something to do with a HS basketball tournament sandwiched around that game.

• LouisD21

SAUCE put in work last night! Don’t see why he can’t repeat tonight

• Jaredmlevitt

@xdan3220 said...

I’d be VERY careful about this. I know no Sergio but coming from a Sixer fan that watches the games that Detroit game he started was an extreme aberration. He played 27 minutes last night and I don’t think he even had 10 fantasy points and they just don’t run offense through him. The last 4 or 5 minutes of the game last night Brett Brown ran Stauskas as point guard and if you want a Sixer tonight who will be cheap that is the guy you want IMO, he will handle way more playmaking and he can actually score which TJ cannot.

Couldn’t agree more. time to get Saucy!

• krazyju84

@LouisD21 said...

So you’re saying with a $10/day budget I would be better off doing $1-2 100 player rooms?

I agree with Szymonk, leagues are how i built my bankroll. When I started, I only played $1 10-20 player leagues each night, then after a decent winning streak, started playing $1-$2 10-20 player. Then on to adding 100 player leagues after that. It takes time, but If you get on a winning streak with 20-100 player leagues for a few nights, returns are pretty decent. Although tempting, I wouldn’t recommend playing GPP to build bankroll. Most importantly you have to know what you are doing or its just donating money to GPP or leagues.

• LouisD21

@SzymonK said...

to build a bankroll? I think so.

If I was you Id enter in the $2 Quintuple that gets you X5. I think its by far the easiest way to score $50 from $10

Thanks for the advice man! I will give it a try.

• CJtheGrump

My last thought on McConnell – Looking through his game log, I see typically he scores 6-8 points, 6-8 assists, a couple rebounds and 2 or 3 steals. If he does that (which is his most common stat line) with the increased minutes, something around 20-24 fpts is not out of the question and for 3.3K I’d be pretty happy with that in a double up game. I don’t see how you wouldn’t put him in a couple lineups.

Single-bullet players like me would probably do well to steer clear.

• xdan3220

@CJtheGrump said...

The part that concerns me most is the idea that he’s not going to function as the PG – but he’s not being rostered for his scoring per se. It’s his price and the idea that he’ll get minutes. The assists and steals are where his value is going to come from. Mudiay has a pretty high turnover rate when you filter for significant minutes played.

But as you said, they may opt for Stauskas to carry more of the ball-handling. If McConnell isn’t going to be doing that, his potential value evaporates.

Yeah if it wasn’t against Denver there would be no way I’d consider him at all. In 15 minutes the first time they played Denver he has 7 fantasy points in 15 minutes of play, obviously very different situation but still less than .5 points per minute. On Fanduel with the full point penalty for turnovers he is dangerous, he will have a minimum of 3 turnovers he can be very careless with the ball. I think a realistic line for him if he gets say 32 minutes (I guarantee Nik will play minutes as the point), is something like 8 points, 2 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals, 4 turnovers. So that is not even a 20 point fantasy night on FD.

• WestCrook1

Fade TJ McConnell at your own risk

• WestCrook1

35+ minutes vs Denver sign me up

• dominicanpapi

If the Sixers were playing the Spurs, I wouldn’t look at TJ, but they’re playing Denver and in the highest implied total of the main slate. Like others have said, he’s a free square. He could easily put up 30 fantasy points in this matchup and at 3800? I’ll take it. I’m pairing him with Rose.

• WestCrook1

Really liking Wilson Chandler at 5.7 on FD. Especially if Okafor is gonna be guarding him

• IGoHardenThePaint

Key play of the night imo: Reggie Jackson. Atlanta (Schroeder especially) is terrible defensively against PG, and only $5500?? Yes please.

• WestCrook1

@dominicanpapi said...

If the Sixers were playing the Spurs, I wouldn’t look at TJ, but they’re playing Denver and in the highest implied total of the main slate. Like others have said, he’s a free square. He could easily put up 30 fantasy points in this matchup and at 3800? I’ll take it. I’m pairing him with Rose.

Man he got a 40 burger versus a top 5 defense last time when Sergio and bayless were out. Free square

• debeatup

To piggyback on xdan remember that Henderson is out also and with the Frenchman & Hollis being JAGs that means big opportunity for Stauskas to log some big minutes. Covington’s shot is just not falling so looks like the offense is going through The Process and the other wings

• xdan3220

@WestCrook1 said...

Really liking Wilson Chandler at 5.7 on FD. Especially if Okafor is gonna be guarding him

Per Brett Brown’s post game presser last night it is sounding like the Embiid Okafor frontcourt experiment is over, one of the CSN reporters Jessica Camerato reported “Brown “not sure” if pairing Embiid&Okafor Fri-“When you study the numbers, look at the gut feel, it has not been at the moment successful.” So Chandler probably won’t see Oak on him.

• jblastman

Babbitt starting again tonight?

• JPep2370

Better options at Center tonight than last night….might have to get in a couple, Jokic vs Gortat in 50/50??

• monarch

To get Stauskas on FD you have to sacrifice ABC or Beard and hope to make up the potential 40 or more gap.

• sports667

As soon as Tyreke Evans gets more minutes, he has going to be hot fire until his salary settles in at around 7500-8000.

• Ledford94

Kinda digging Justin Anderson as a punt SF play. Game will be a huge blowout and he should see 20+ minutes. Anytime Anderson gets that much PT he crushes value.

• mattyd2420

there is so much value today wow

• Green_Ranger_91

Any love for Giannis/KAT today? Thinking about stacking up Giannis/KAT/Wiggins on DK. The question I pose is this…Who’s going to be able to guard these guys? Ricky Rubio? John Henson?? GREG MONROE??? I also like Jabari Parker. If Minnesota decides to throw Wiggins on Giannis, I think Jabari is the play.

• xdan3220

@monarch said...

To get Stauskas on FD you have to sacrifice ABC or Beard and hope to make up the potential 40 or more gap.

Agreed this is the big issue, it’s all opportunity cost to roster anyone low priced. For me I think a 40 point gap might be overstating it a bit. My honest opinion on Stauskas’ line tonight is something to the tune of 18 points, 3 boards, 6 assists, 1 block 2 steals 3 turnovers. Yeah it’s a pretty aggressive projection but that is a 30 point night, he is going ot have the ball in his hands a ton tonight IMO. Completely min priced on FD, I have Harden and Giannis both in the 50’s tonight so it’s a 20 point swing for 7,500 in savings, that’s pretty good.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler