• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : New York ( 5.5 ) at New Orleans ( -5.5 ) —- T: 218
    7:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -4.5 ) at Detroit ( 4.5 ) —- T: 195.5
    7:00 PM EST : Miami ( -1.5 ) at Orlando ( 1.5 ) —- T: 204.5
    7:30 PM EST : Portland ( -1.5 ) at Atlanta ( 1.5 ) —- T: 204.5
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -3.5 ) at Utah ( 3.5 ) —- T: 207
    8:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 13 ) at Golden State ( -13 ) —- T: 205.5
    9:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 7.5 ) at Denver ( -7.5 ) —- T: 216.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• miggs6876

@Prince0024 said...

I finished with 332 and and won the grand price offff $0.00…wtf

338.8 minimum cash.

• billholler

@elmore0631 said...

IDK how. Good job i guess.

I only play the 11 player double ups. Cashing scores always seem to be surprisingly low.

• BBWC_10

@elmore0631 said...

It’s going to be 300

Well I guess my 284 wouldn’t have cashed that either.

• Malorum

So glad that slate is over. Can’t believe i cashed with that Simmons dud. I think it is painfully apparent that teams have him figured out. Until he takes more shots, defense are going to continue to sag on him and funnel him into shot blockers. Defenders know he is going to pass it so they just get in his passing lanes. He had so many silly turnovers tonight.

• zigger77

@elmore0631 said...

Covington will get 10 boards and the double double it looks like..

Yeah that’s interesting. I have him in my best lineup.

• zigger77

I made a whole 860 off 800 in entry fees. But man these tourneys are WAYYYY too top heavy. I’ve won a couple tourneys but if you don’t win it, it sucks.

• miggs6876

@billholler said...

Played 28 double ups with one LU. Only scored 265 and had Dray. Won 27 of them (barring stat correction raping).

Dang, I want to play against you h2h. Also, want to play whatever you were playing. 265 and cashing tonight seems unbelievable.

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #45

RG Tiered Ranking

325 was the lowest cash score line any of the matches that I played in on FD tonight.

I think I mentioned it before, it is not only the lineup that you have but I believe a part of it the equation is what games you play in as well. Unfortunately for me not playing in high dollar games, it seems because they are lower stakes games it allows for more people to throw in a multitude of lineups and having one cash to make up for the losers. Good strategy if you got the bank to do it…..though doesn’t require a whole lot of skill. Spray enough shots and you are bound to hit something.

I do think I may try to concentrate on more single or 3-5 limit entry tourneys in the future.

• moosedrool

@Malorum said...

So glad that slate is over. Can’t believe i cashed with that Simmons dud. I think it is painfully apparent that teams have him figured out. Until he takes more shots, defense are going to continue to sag on him and funnel him into shot blockers. Defenders know he is going to pass it so they just get in his passing lanes. He had so many silly turnovers tonight.

Simmons is nothing when the team is healthy.

• elmore0631

@BBWC_10 said...

Well I guess my 284 wouldn’t have cashed that either.

Nope because my 299 didn’t… lol

• zigger77

@miggs6876 said...

Dang, I want to play against you h2h. Also, want to play whatever you were playing. 265 and cashing tonight seems unbelievable.

RIGHT? Big tourney cashline on DK was like 293 he must be on a weird site then

• tristanwolf

stat corrections or last minute heroics cut my money by 33%. tough slate. on to tomorrow. this forum is always fun and amusing and annoying (probably often myself among them) but best wishes to all tomorrow and a fantastic new year in dfs!

• elmore0631

@RandysCrow said...

325 was the lowest cash score line any of the matches that I played in on FD tonight.

I think I mentioned it before, it is not only the lineup that you have but I believe a part of it the equation is what games you play in as well. Unfortunately for me not playing in high dollar games, it seems because they are lower stakes games it allows for more people to throw in a multitude of lineups and having one cash to make up for the losers. Good strategy if you got the bank to do it…..though doesn’t require a whole lot of skill. Spray enough shots and you are bound to hit something.

I do think I may try to concentrate on more single or 3-5 limit entry tourneys in the future.

Well just a heads up a single entry doesn’t mean you’ll get a lower cash score.

Tonight i cashed the big $8 fairly easy but not the $40 single entry with the same lineup

• superstars92

@zigger77 said...

RIGHT? Big tourney cashline on DK was like 293 he must be on a weird site then

He’s probably talking about the late slate. That’s my guess. I didn’t play that, but it seemed like that was possible, especially since he said he chose Draymond.

• billholler

@miggs6876 said...

Dray was in 54% of almost all the double ups I played. If you think it’s so easy, feel free to join. I don’t remember the last double up I was in that didn’t have youdacao, Chipotleaddict and Rexgrossman.

Will gladly accept any H2H.

• Prince0024

@moosedrool said...

i hear ya, 384.9 and only pick a few bucks.

DUDE YOU SERIOUS 384 AND ONLY A FEW?? which tournament did u enter?

• Dirt_Lavert

So psyched I got 326 dkp and 317. Good enough to cash all my entries.

27$ single entry
    12$ single entry
    2 8$ GPP entries
    2 5$ double ups

Really wishing I went in and played more cash games especially. Knew Shabazz wouldn’t be as high as he should’ve been.

• superstars92

@elmore0631 said...

Well just a heads up a single entry doesn’t mean you’ll get a lower cash score.

Tonight i cashed the big $8 fairly easy but not the $40 single entry with the same lineup

Yea of course, ROI is gonna be similar. Chances of winning are higher if you play more entries, but no guarantee it leads to a higher ROI. Could easily lead to a smaller (or negative ROI) since you are putting in more.

• BBWC_10

@tmarohl said...

This is what I posted last night pertaining to my first look at the slate, FD specific, not too far off.

PG’s – Play McConnell and Murray.
    SG – Play Tyreke and Barton
    SF – Courney Lee and Taurean Prince
    Power Forward play Saric – he kills in games that Embiid doesn’t play.
    Center you have to go with Cousins.
    I left one Power Forward out as to not violate forum rules of posting full lineups. :)

I mean look at what that no talent team Dallas did to New Orleans on the road today, you could probably just play 4 knicks. Even Porzingdud is in play against that bunch.

Good Job Swami….Can you give me the winning NFL and NBA Lu’s for tomorrow. LOL , I usually do a QA the night before. So I know what my original thoughts were before reading and researching things. I’m Going QB Jacoby, WR Hilton, TE Doyle. RB’s Drake, Lewis Kamara.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@RandysCrow said...

I feel you. in the last 3 minutes of that game I went from 5X my entry fee total to 1.5 X.

I am happy I made money or at least broke even but damn…when you have two lineups that score 363 and 357.4 respectively you hope to cash in a little bit.

That GS/MEM game killed what I thought was a great lineup for me. I didnt have any players in that game. If it would have just been a “normal” game or slightly higher scoring than expected I probably would have raked!

But tomorrow is another day.

On a separate note, is there a way to see the rosters of the people on this board of the games they play after the slate is complete? Woiuld be so much better than having to ask what your lineup was or sharing if your own.

just join the free contest leagues ppl have. was in a 11 man with all grinders and came in 3rd. think kat won it.

• superstars92

@billholler said...

Dray was in 54% of almost all the double ups I played. If you think it’s so easy, feel free to join. I don’t remember the last double up I was in that didn’t have youdacao, Chipotleaddict and Rexgrossman.

You are obviously talking about the late slate because no way he would be 54% owned in the regular slate. I didn’t play that but I agree I see them all the time, especially in those 4-10 man 50/50s, which are more apparently in the smaller/late slates.

• tristanwolf

@zigger77 said...

I made a whole 860 off 800 in entry fees. But man these tourneys are WAYYYY too top heavy. I’ve won a couple tourneys but if you don’t win it, it sucks.

12/18, you slayed. how much did you win? 800 a night is hardcore, ive recently bumped up from 30 to 60 a night with some recent success, but i’m fly/bantamweight.

• superstars92

@BBWC_10 said...

Good Job Swami….Can you give me the winning NFL and NBA Lu’s for tomorrow. LOL , I usually do a QA the night before. So I know what my original thoughts were before reading and researching things. I’m Going QB Jacoby, WR Hilton, TE Doyle. RB’s Drake, Lewis Kamara.

Wait Jacoby at QB? Wow I thought I was the only one. I had no choice cause I didn’t have salary left…but I’m kinda worried lol. Hate stacking QB/WR in cash. If one busts, the other might too.

• moosedrool

@billholler said...

I’d gladly accept too.

• superstars92

Btw give Ben Simmons at least until PHX tomorrow (with Embiid back) before saying people have figured it out. Has PHX figured anyone out?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).