• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : New York ( 5.5 ) at New Orleans ( -5.5 ) —- T: 218
    7:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -4.5 ) at Detroit ( 4.5 ) —- T: 195.5
    7:00 PM EST : Miami ( -1.5 ) at Orlando ( 1.5 ) —- T: 204.5
    7:30 PM EST : Portland ( -1.5 ) at Atlanta ( 1.5 ) —- T: 204.5
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -3.5 ) at Utah ( 3.5 ) —- T: 207
    8:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 13 ) at Golden State ( -13 ) —- T: 205.5
    9:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 7.5 ) at Denver ( -7.5 ) —- T: 216.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• RandysCrow

@superstars92 said...

Just go to https://www.fantasylabs.com/nba/contests-dashboard/

Thanks!

• Dirt_Lavert

Man, anyone who played Mitchell gfy. What a great call, convinced my buddy to not play him I will eat crow. I take him over Elf I win 750$ in this fast break and not 125

Huge blow for me. Would’ve been top 100 in the 8$ too. Basically a 1000$ swing for just one player. This is why you gotta run multiple lineups in those big contests.

• moosedrool

@Prince0024 said...

DUDE YOU SERIOUS 384 AND ONLY A FEW?? which tournament did u enter?

$33 100k slam.

• Presleywhite

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Man, anyone who played Mitchell gfy. What a great call, convinced my buddy to not play him I will eat crow. I take him over Elf I win 750$ in this fast break and not 125

Huge blow for me. Would’ve been top 100 in the 8$ too. Basically a 1000$ swing for just one player. This is why you gotta run multiple lineups in those big contests.

I would’ve never have taken Mitchell if I didn’t see a weird Vegas line movement in favor of Utah with the public so heavy on the Cavs. Figured if the game was close or Utah wins, Mitchell would have to be the piece. (I did take Elf too though…dammit)

• Dirt_Lavert

TJ McConnell had 17 dkp in the second half to save me too.

What a legend. I should be happy I profit with Elf at 4 x !!

• tmarohl

@BBWC_10 said...

Good Job Swami….Can you give me the winning NFL and NBA Lu’s for tomorrow. LOL , I usually do a QA the night before. So I know what my original thoughts were before reading and researching things. I’m Going QB Jacoby, WR Hilton, TE Doyle. RB’s Drake, Lewis Kamara.

I don’t play much NFL once NBA starts, but I may throw a few lineups out there tomorrow just because 80% of the teams have nothing to play for so it may be easier to narrow down some plays.

• billholler

@superstars92 said...

You are obviously talking about the late slate because no way he would be 54% owned in the regular slate. I didn’t play that but I agree I see them all the time, especially in those 4-10 man 50/50s, which are more apparently in the smaller/late slates.

Oh yeah. My bad. I only play the small slates. I’m just not as good as some of the experts in here to be playing those big slates. ;)

• wahoolady

Single entry no better. 360 pts. cashed a whopping $4.

• Dirt_Lavert

Elf had 3 x at half, second I saw that I was concerned lol. He was 4.7% in the small fast break on DK, I was 17 points away from winning. Would’ve needed some magic, at least I stacked him with Fournier who helped salvage it.

Mentioned this earlier too but I was on Pau until Kawhi was slated for big minutes. Then it was Elf or CJ once the Dame news hit. Elf scored more than both of them so there’s always that.

Man when I put entries in the big 8$ they usually end up sucking. Tonight I have just 2 and both mash. Just didn’t end up in that top 5% or so that pays out hundreds. Needed Thabo over TJ and Mitchell over Elf.

Oh well. Helps me rebound after losing like 5 slates in a row !

• RandysCrow

@elmore0631 said...

Well just a heads up a single entry doesn’t mean you’ll get a lower cash score.

Tonight i cashed the big $8 fairly easy but not the $40 single entry with the same lineup

True, I wasnt worried so much about the bottom line score but the duplicate entries that can be made taking up a huge chunk of spots. As an example, I cant remember which tourney it was without looking the top 10 was the same guy with the same lineup (and it wasnt either of the two that are normally mentioned on here).

Having confidance in your lineup is one thing….but damn lol

• tristanwolf

@superstars92 said...

Btw give Ben Simmons at least until PHX tomorrow (with Embiid back) before saying people have figured it out. Has PHX figured anyone out?

superstars pretty cool you are a top 100 player and still spend a lot of time in this forum. that is pretty rare among the big dogs. is this your full time gig? how many hours a day do you work on it?

• Malorum

@superstars92 said...

Btw give Ben Simmons at least until PHX tomorrow (with Embiid back) before saying people have figured it out. Has PHX figured anyone out?

LOL I don’t think PHX counts. They are allergic to D.

• tmarohl

Should be some good value tomorrow. Paul George is out again and Andre Roberson is out. That should put some cheap punts in play on the Thunder. Westbrook may also have something to prove to Mark Cuban, since Cuban always says he is over rated.

• bhodgman

@tmarohl said...

I don’t play much NFL once NBA starts, but I may throw a few lineups out there tomorrow just because 80% of the teams have nothing to play for so it may be easier to narrow down some plays.

Funny – that’s the very same reason I decided weeks ago NOT to play NFL DFS week 17… More crap shoot than skill imho…

If I were putting in LUs though, for some reason I think: Chicago beats Minnesota, Tampa Bay beats New Orleans, and Green Bay beats my (wretched) Lions… hope that helps some. :-)

• superstars92

@tristanwolf said...

superstars pretty cool you are a top 100 player and still spend a lot of time in this forum. that is pretty rare among the big dogs. is this your full time gig? how many hours a day do you work on it?

Haha no. If it was, I probably wouldn’t post here. I’m actually hoping they have some 33 and 5 dollar buy ins for the live finals and I’ll try to make it so I can meet some of these pros to learn about their background/lifestyle. The 725 seems too large for a winner takes all. Possibly troll papagates/CA if you guys want me to lol.

I probably work on it the same amount you guys do, but I have a good idea of who I will choose going into the slate. Like I won’t all of a sudden need to research “is Simmons good without Embiid” or “is this defense good/bad” since I should already know that answer beforehand. So that saves a lot of time. It’s always important to know some of your answers beforehand so you won’t have to quickly make adjustments on the fly. Like for example, today, you should have had an idea what Napier is worth with and without Dame so don’t wait until the news breaks at 6:40 to start doing research on that.

• tristanwolf

@tmarohl said...

i think tomorrow is a good day to pick up some easy money. philly, pitt and chiefs resting starters. jax says they will play starters and i think ne will through 3 at least.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

349 in the clutch with a 12 from Wilson Chandler, every night 2 plays away from big cash. 5 of the same players as winner. smh. tomorrow.

• tmarohl

@bhodgman said...

Funny – that’s the very same reason I decided weeks ago NOT to play NFL DFS week 17… More crap shoot than skill imho…

If I were putting in LUs though, for some reason I think: Chicago beats Minnesota, Tampa Bay beats New Orleans, and Green Bay beats my (wretched) Lions… hope that helps some. :-)

I disagree with 2/3rs of your takes.

Minnesota needs to win for seeding. They will crush the Bears. It may be a shutout.
    Green Bay is done. We are missing our QB, Top two wide receivers, starting running back, and we are putting that god awful Hundley out there again. I actually like Matt Stafford tomorrow if he plays. If Stafford plays I see Marvin getting two touchdowns.

• Dirt_Lavert

Wow didn’t see Gordon was 7300. Played Elf utility and had 200$ left over. LU would’ve had 350 exactly with Gordon over Elf. Never guna live that down I guess.

OK tilt over (sorry for the b*tching folks) Hoping everyone the best for NFL tomorrow, I agree it will be a crapshoot!

• superstars92

@tristanwolf said...

i think tomorrow is a good day to pick up some easy money. philly, pitt and chiefs resting starters. jax says they will play starters and i think ne will through 3 at least.

Tomorrow is also a good day for tax purposes if you care about that. Some guy said they wanted to start a downpayment with their winnings earlier, so might be important for him tomorrow in terms of tax.

• Dirt_Lavert

@damionismyname said...

349 in the clutch with a 12 from Wilson Chandler, every night 2 plays away from big cash. 5 of the same players as winner. smh. tomorrow.

Seems like Lyles is the new Wilson Chandler. I swear DEN starters are risky besides Murray.

Lyles off the bench is the play always if things stand the way they are now. Barton even plays well tonight and just barely makes 6 x (still a great play but his game log was kinda sketchy).

• elmore0631

@tristanwolf said...

Easy money… is there a such thing in DFS anymore..

The irony is i feel like ive done better in a sport i grew up not playing, not watching as much etc (NFL) than a sport I feel like i know a ton about (NBA). I feel like there’s a lot more bust in NFL than in the NBA … at least that people are on..

for that reason I’ll probably give the millionaire one last try.

• miggs6876

@zigger77 said...

I made a whole 860 off 800 in entry fees. But man these tourneys are WAYYYY too top heavy. I’ve won a couple tourneys but if you don’t win it, it sucks.

I agree. I wish they would spread out the payouts a little me. The difference in winnings from 1st to 5th and beyond seems off.

• elmore0631

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Seems like Lyles is the new Wilson Chandler. I swear DEN starters are risky besides Murray.

Lyles off the bench is the play always if things stand the way they are now. Barton even plays well tonight and just barely makes 6 x (still a great play but his game log was kinda sketchy).

Murray will not be risky until Mudiay starts getting 17+ minutes again.

I’ve been burnt on Murray a few times with Mudiay getting the hot hand and Murray being the odd person out.

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

Tomorrow is also a good day for tax purposes if you care about that. Some guy said they wanted to start a downpayment with their winnings earlier, so might be important for him tomorrow in terms of tax.

Explain – Are you saying it is a good day to lose some of your winnings so you don’t have to pay taxes?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).