• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 9 ) at Boston ( -9 ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -6 ) at Miami ( 6 ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 6.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -6.5 ) — T: 239.5
    8:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) — T: 223.5
    8:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -6 ) at San Antonio ( 6 ) — T: 230
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( 3.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -3.5 ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• hhagent1353

@profusionz said...

I love nba dfs, but say what you will about skill, data, analysis and projections – it mostly comes down to luck and having a big enough bankroll

I can understand your point but do your own research. I play one lineup a day and have cashed five days straight. Faded Harden the other day and faded Drummond/Knicks yesterday and played a 1 percent OG and a 4 percent McCollum against a heavy Harden. Everyone else is using free optimizers and content as well.

Look at box scores for position stats and see how that correlates with your lineup. Use optimizers for one offs or surprising stacks. Obviously if its spitting 3 pistons out all day or 3 grizzlies than use that data to find lower owned plays

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

LBJ out = AD/Schroder
    LMA out = Poeltl/DDR

Sure other guys become playable also but those would be my first targets if those players became out

• damionismyname

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

@sochoice said...

I think he does. He can barely speak on those videos, but at least he seems to know the players, roles, etc.

he’s a dfs savant….like rain main with sports data…

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

Nobody talked me off the Hield ledge last night.
    Hit on 201 of 300 Lineups with Hield at 44%.
    Talking me off that ledge could have made it a magical night. Anyway…

Guys I like a lot better than you do:
    PG: Lillard, Jones
    SG: Smart, LeVert
    SF: Finney-Smith
    PF: Aldridge, Tatum
    C: Ibaka, Powell, Lopez

Guys you like a lot better than I do:
    PG: Irving, Doncic
    SG: George, Brooks
    SF: Jaylen Brown, Durant
    PF: Giannis, Glass
    C: Harrell, Biyombo

Tatum, Graham, LeVert, Smart make or break me tonight.

• samuri8

@captainwacky said...

I also like that everyone on a fantasy sports message board believes they are fiercer competitors than people who had to work their asses off to be in the top couple hundred basketball players in the world. I play through injuries every week to play effing pickup basketball in my 30’s and would fight someone who tried to stop me. You think the load management stuff is reflective of what players want?

For the Kyrie Irvings of the league, yes. The man believes himself an artist.

• chickenmanE

Is listening to the Awesomo youtube channel worth it or is it basically a waste of time?

• zline34

I think last night was the first night I’ve played Drummond in 5 years. I don’t play him or Davis. I just don’t like playing slow guys. Playing AD is -EV

• jdtrey

@theIrrigator said...

Marcus Morris (knee) ruled out Wednesday. https://t.co/DKhjC9ltHP

Kawhi Leonard (mouth) questionable Wednesday. https://t.co/Zlx8HSGhlj

Only an hour or so late haha :)

These Lebron and Kawhi questionables every night are just what I’m expecting to see all season.. carry on!

• Golfnut04240

Here we go again with Kawhi. Has the “Q” tag.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@captainwacky said...

You think the load management stuff is reflective of what players want?

Are you under the impression that Kawhi/Lebron/AD fight with management/coaching staff every time they are scheduled to manage their load?

I understand load management and agree with it for the most part. But I don’t think a majority of these guys are fighting to get in the lineup on LM days.

• bkamm1

Didnt we have this a few times last year with LMA and everyone played Poetl….but Lyles started and hung 30 Dk pts or so?? Maybe im wrong

• hhagent1353

@chickenmanE said...

Is listening to the Awesomo youtube channel worth it or is it basically a waste of time?

Waste of time. They tell you that James Harden is good at basketball and you should play Dante Exum. This board is worth it though.

• depalma13

Tonight I think I am going to fade every player mentioned in this thread and pick from whoever is left.

• Golfnut04240

@Yukerboy said...

Nobody talked me off the Hield ledge last night.
    Hit on 201 of 300 Lineups with Hield at 44%.
    Talking me off that ledge could have made it a magical night. Anyway…

Guys I like a lot better than you do:
    PG: Lillard, Jones
    SG: Smart, LeVert
    SF: Finney-Smith
    PF: Aldridge, Tatum
    C: Ibaka, Powell, Lopez

Guys you like a lot better than I do:
    PG: Irving, Doncic
    SG: George, Brooks
    SF: Jaylen Brown, Durant
    PF: Giannis, Glass
    C: Harrell, Biyombo

Tatum, Graham, LeVert, Smart make or break me tonight.

You do know that Aldridge and Tatum are questionable, right?

• chickenmanE

anyone afraid that the grizzlies get blown out?

• nerman

@sochoice said...

It is 4:25pm and there is likely to be a lot of news left today. You mean you’ve already made your lineup, since you have checked this thread today. Just curious.

Yes, it would take some major news that I’m not expecting to change my lineups. Like if Tatum or Leonard got ruled out then I’d have to rethink a few things. Otherwise I’m set. Minor news might get me to throw in an additional lineup. I find chasing late value hurts me worse than it helps me over time. The reactionary plays typically don’t work out for me.

Like Tuesday night with the Pistons, I didn’t have Bey or Hayes. Last night, I didn’t jump to Muscala when Horford was ruled out. I try to be confident in the plays I’ve analyzed that they are in the best spot for that day.

But I haven’t won a big tourney either so what do I know? lol It’s a fun hobby for me with a chance to hit a big one.

• captainwacky

@Sleazygreazy said...

Are you under the impression that Kawhi/Lebron/AD fight with management/coaching staff every time they are scheduled to manage their load?

I understand load management and agree with it for the most part. But I don’t think a majority of these guys are fighting to get in the lineup on LM days.

There are probably specific players who take the rest of their own volition. Lebron has played for like 38 years straight into the finals. I understand that one. I just laugh at the overall conversation of ‘players are soft’ in any capacity. It’s all from the league and teams in terms of etiquette and play style, and the rest stuff is either being smarter or dictated to them medically. Also every bench player in the NBA right now would be a stud in the 80’s, and I LOVE that era of hoops, they’re just not comparable.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@depalma13 said...

Tonight I think I am going to fade every player mentioned in this thread and pick from whoever is left.

Trae, cam, de’andre, collins, clint, kyrie, joe, tlc, durant, daj, tyus, grayson, dillon, kyle, jonas, payton, marcus jaylen, jayson, theis, jrue, donte, khris, abc, lopez, herro, drob, mo, leonard, bam, schroder, kcp, lebron, ad, gasol, dejounte, lonnie, demar, keldon, lma, devonte’, rozier, hayward, pj, bismack, luka, jrich, thj, dfs, powell, dame, cj, djj, roco, nurk, patbev, pg, kawhi, batum, serge

• efagan99

@captainwacky said...

or most

I 100% agree with you and that’s why guys like Wiggins don’t make it. All talent, no compete. D’angelo and KAT arguably are in this category too which is why the wolves will never be good. And ironically wasn’t this a knock on edwards coming in to the draft?

But I also think part of it is teams realizing regular season wins are overrated. Especially this season, where fans may not be in the stands, who cares what seed you end up? I guarantee the Lakers are not the 1 seed but I like their chances to repeat. Let Bron and AD rest all year, after they add another championship no one cares if they were #1 seed or #5

• Golfnut04240

@chickenmanE said...

Tatum may not play, for what it’s worth.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

Yes. I’m assuming they play. NBA Players who are questionable always play because they have the heart of a lion and the passion of Christ. :)

• FantasyKLC

@chickenmanE said...

Going with the B2B game jinx against the Celtics. Took the Grizz ML tonight.

• superjon

Regarding the whole players resting and getting star treatment.

I’m cool with it.

What I’m not cool with it, and where I think the big issues lies, is the NBA refusing to adjust to the times and making teams announce their inactives earlier. I think 6pm EST would be reasonable.

I would bet there’s a >90% chance that the Lakers and Clippers know if Lebron or Kawhi are playing tonight.

• captainwacky

@efagan99 said...

I 100% agree with you and that’s why guys like Wiggins don’t make it. All talent, no compete. D’angelo and KAT arguably are in this category too which is why the wolves will never be good. And ironically wasn’t this a knock on edwards coming in to the draft?

But I also think part of it is teams realizing regular season wins are overrated. Especially this season, where fans may not be in the stands, who cares what seed you end up? I guarantee the Lakers are not the 1 seed but I like their chances to repeat. Let Bron and AD rest all year, after they add another championship no one cares if they were #1 seed or #5

I agree with you. There are players who are clearly absurdly talented but mental zeros. D’Lo is literally atrocious but people see 20 points and go ‘oooh’!

The point about the regular season is good, too.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@Sleazygreazy said...

Trae, cam, de’andre, collins, clint, kyrie, joe, tlc, durant, daj, tyus, grayson, dillon, kyle, jonas, payton, marcus jaylen, jayson, theis, jrue, donte, khris, abc, lopez, herro, drob, mo, leonard, bam, schroder, kcp, lebron, ad, gasol, dejounte, lonnie, demar, keldon, lma, devonte’, rozier, hayward, pj, bismack, luka, jrich, thj, dfs, powell, dame, cj, djj, roco, nurk, patbev, pg, kawhi, batum, serge

The fact you typed all this both impresses and demoralizes me.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).