• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 9 ) at Boston ( -9 ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -6 ) at Miami ( 6 ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 6.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -6.5 ) — T: 239.5
    8:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) — T: 223.5
    8:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -6 ) at San Antonio ( 6 ) — T: 230
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( 3.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -3.5 ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• miggs6876

@ImADonk11 said...

2 days ago I talked about how I was off AD for the foreseeable future, and Lebron, with Gasol and Schroder so heavily involved in the offense. Now, I just want to jam in tons of AD for the flop lag and the price tag. Irrigator and I have discussed our AD addiction, think I am going heavy. I mean he is under 10k lol! Also, with Collins is something up or has every game just been foul trouble or what? Laughable price. AD/Collins/KD/Jrue all keep sticking out to me at those prices.

SF position is very weak on FD with very little value. I think we are forced to pay up at that position. Giannis is hard to get there. Tatum is decent and AD has been under performing. This is my most difficult decision tonight.

• BazookaDad

@zeeshan2 said...

I like him a lot today; Blazers are allowing the most REBs in the league across all position to the C spot, Ibaka likes to shoot and he’s had 10 pts+ in all 4 games

Seems like Ibaka is a lock at his price in my opinion. When Theis and Poeltl are what the field is playing, makes it easy for me.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@Dfspacman said...

who comes in for poetl incase of foul trouble

Eubanks or Lyles. I would lean Lyles

• BazookaDad

Doncic or Kyrie for FD? Single entry guy can’t decide

• zeeshan2

@miggs6876 said...

Where do I sign up for 30 minutes of Gay?

I hear meatspin does pretty well

• RipCityRings

@miggs6876 said...

SF position is very weak on FD with very little value. I think we are forced to pay up at that position. Giannis is hard to get there. Tatum is decent and AD has been under performing. This is my most difficult decision tonight.

Not sure what you’re seeing but SF has the most value on the slate on FD. Okpala and Precious at the bare minimum with Butler out, Herro somehow still at 4.5K, Gay at 5.5K, Gallo at 4.9K, etc.

• Supersharpie

@miggs6876 said...

Weak? No value?

Let me introduce you to Mr. Herro and Mr. Anderson.

• noddy

All I ask is no stupid injuries tonight forcing someone to miss most of the game. And no blowouts. And no idiotic coaches making stupid decisions with player’s minutes. That. Is. All.

Good luck everyone.

• SkateFiend

@Njsum1 said...

Dead as in not going to win, OK, I agree (rare exceptions excluded), yet you can still cash nba lineups with 0’s. I cashed 2/4 with a 2 from Dragic yesterday.

Doesn’t matter if there’s less or more margin for error. Doesn’t make something easier or harder, more or less profitable for the player.

All that means is that my lineup can be live with a 0. Well if the rest of my lineup sucks cause I’m not good at making lineups for that sport, then margin of error means nothing.

If you don’t play the volume game, then for all intents and purposes, the NBA is hardest out of all sports (I don’t know too much about NFL). I’m the definition of fish, I literally play a handful of lineups in all sport. NBA is definitely the hardest to min cash consistently.

To keep things simple, I’ll put the reasons in a list

(1) lower margin of error compared to other spots, to the point where scoring 300 points isn’t enough to min cash
    (2) Skyrocketing cash lines on many slates due to the league stop playing defense and players hoarding incidental stats like rebounds
    (3) lack of correlation, meaning you cannot approach the game in different ways as you would with MLB and NHL. You either have the right core or you don’t. Optimizers help cover these scenarios.
    (4) Unpredictable rotation and coaching whims which result in perfectly healthy players sitting out 4th quarters
    (5) late scratches that changes your entire strategy for the night. I prefer late swap, but it does add difficulty to an already capricious DFS contest.’
    (6) trains in cash games

I’ve cashed plenty of MLB lineups where my catcher and shortstop combined for 6 points. Not big money, but enough to sustain the bankroll until I hit something bigger. In the NBA your lineup is 90% dead if two players combined for 40 points. In a game of averages, the NBA offers you lot of ways to lose.

• zeeshan2

@BazookaDad said...

Doncic or Kyrie for FD? Single entry guy can’t decide

just factor in what savings you get with kyrie; if you find a position to upgrade with them, go ahead and do that. If not keep Luka in

• zpa1989

who gets more burn, lyles or poetel? does gay get another 28 mins?

• profusionz

@jdtrey said...

Max enter the nickel contest on FD for a week or two… only 7.50 a day so you should have the bankroll for it. Come back in a week and let us know how much you lost and then we can talk about this again :)

Not sure I understand what you’re getting at?? it would be even tougher to win a nickel contest as there is a bigger player pool

• chickenmanE

anyone like irving?

• donkeydealer

@miggs6876 said...

Where do I sign up for 30 minutes of Gay?

Chris Bosh has joined the chat

• BazookaDad

Best value at PG for Fanduel? Is Walker the cheapest, best option?

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@zpa1989 said...

who gets more burn, lyles or poetel? does gay get another 28 mins?

Poeltl should. Not sure Lakers play big

• miggs6876

@RipCityRings said...

Not sure what you’re seeing but SF has the most value on the slate on FD. Okpala and Precious at the bare minimum with Butler out, Herro somehow still at 4.5K, Gay at 5.5K, Gallo at 4.9K, etc.

Oops meant PF.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

Lineup note: Heat will start Herro, Bradley, Robinson, Iguodala, Adebayo on Wednesday.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@SkateFiend said...

If you don’t play the volume game, then for all intents and purposes, the NBA is hardest out of all sports (I don’t know too much about NFL). I’m the definition of fish, I literally play a handful of lineups in all sport. NBA is definitely the hardest to min cash consistently.

To keep things simple, I’ll put the reasons in a list

(1) lower margin of error compared to other spots, to the point where scoring 300 points isn’t enough to min cash
    (2) Skyrocketing cash lines on many slates due to the league stop playing defense and players hoarding incidental stats like rebounds
    (3) lack of correlation, meaning you cannot approach the game in different ways as you would with MLB and NHL. You either have the right core or you don’t. Optimizers help cover these scenarios.
    (4) Unpredictable rotation and coaching whims which result in perfectly healthy players sitting out 4th quarters
    (5) late scratches that changes your entire strategy for the night. I prefer late swap, but it does add difficulty to an already capricious DFS contest.’
    (6) trains in cash games

I’ve cashed plenty of MLB lineups where my catcher and shortstop combined for 6 points. Not big money, but enough to sustain the bankroll until I hit something bigger. In the NBA your lineup is 90% dead if two players combined for 40 points. In a game of averages, the NBA offers you lot of ways to lose.

And this is why it is dependent on the type of player you are.

I for the life of me can’t understand how people pick the lineups they are on for GPPs.

I only play GPPs hoping to hit that big one. I play 300 lineups a night. So far this year, I have 60% of my lineups finish in the money. However, the highest place I had was a 23rd in a quarter contest. I’m afraid to extend to bad plays and screw up my consistent wins, but I also know, that’s what I have to do if I want to even come close to feeling a sweat.

NBA by far is my best, NFL is my worst with MLB not far behind. I watch the NFL religiously and listen to MLB the same (No better game made for radio with broadcasters weaving stories in throughout the broadcast). I haven’t watched an NBA game in 2 years.

Go figure…

• Jokey401

“I’m too embarrassed to let everyone know my GPP strategy tonight. If it works I’ll post it later.“

At least you have a strategy, I don’t know what the F I’m doing. I am an ok NFL tournament player and this is my first sincere effort had NBA And it’s like another language. Getting to know players and positions and strategy is tough. For instance, can somebody be please tell me who DDD is? I can’t figure it. Good luck!

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

Lineup note: Nets will start Irving, Harris, Luwawu-Cabarrot, Durant, Jordan on Wednesday.

• superjon

Really need to start building by hand. Getting tired of telling an optimizer I want at least x% of a player, and them telling me no lineups could be built when they clearly can.

And this isn’t a knock against RG’s optimizer as I have experienced the same issues with FC.

• zeeshan2

ooo no levert in the starting LU but should eat when the bench units come in

• BazookaDad

Wow lock in TLC?

• callmetouch

@BazookaDad said...

Wow lock in TLC?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).