• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 9 ) at Boston ( -9 ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -6 ) at Miami ( 6 ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 6.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -6.5 ) — T: 239.5
    8:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) — T: 223.5
    8:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -6 ) at San Antonio ( 6 ) — T: 230
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( 3.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -3.5 ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• RipCityRings

@Njsum1 said...

Yet to say Dragic was a bad play for 5800 when he’s shown 50 point upside multiple times in this spot is incorrect.

Dragic’s upside was limited by the matchup IMO. He’s a much better GPP player closer to 5K, but Herro was (and still is) criminally mispriced for this spot. Hard not to go back to him again since they won’t be worried about scheming for him.

The Heatles I’m most interested in tonight are Okpala and Achiuwa.

• Georgesteele

Which pussies will be resting tonight? Terrible what’s happened to the great game people used to love. It is literally a 3 point shooting contest and tall genetics vs other tall genetics.

That being said, which value plays are the best tonight?

Imagine being 23 years old and being told you cant do physical activity 2 days in a row.

• Njsum1

@ImADonk11 said...

Dragic should definitely bounce back tonight, just a matter of minutes but he still can get there with 27-29 minutes and he should be motivated one would think

He’ll be the first to get pulled in a rout. That’s the risk as we now know. I’ll take a shot or two yet he won’t be part of my core. If he smashes, I’ll hope the lineup he’s in is smashing as well.

• RipCityRings

@ImADonk11 said...

This is completely false according to CourtIQ. Per last season’s numbers, Dragic gets the biggest usage bump with no Jimmy, and Bam’s FPPM gets a big boost from 1.12 to 1.31. Herro gets a usage bump for sure but saying he is the only one who benefits is incorrect. Dragic should definitely bounce back tonight, just a matter of minutes but he still can get there with 27-29 minutes and he should be motivated one would think.

Yes his usage goes up, but Dragic has to be on fire to go for 40+ FPS because his peripherals aren’t really at that level. The Bucks with Jrue are a really bad matchup for him, so regardless of usage it’s an uphill climb.

Edit: Bam also is a LOT more inefficient without Butler. It’s like Harrell without Lou last year.

• callmetouch

Taking a stab at this guy tonight

• ImADonk11

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #13

RG Tiered Ranking

Seems so weird to see AD and Bron priced right next to Trae. Man I know I said I am off AD but at that price, coming off his terrible game makes me want to play him. If his ownership is lower not sure I can help myself lol.

• frugal

@RipCityRings said...

Yes his usage goes up, but Dragic has to be on fire to go for 40+ FPS because his peripherals aren’t really at that level. The Bucks with Jrue are a really bad matchup for him, so regardless of usage it’s an uphill climb.

Edit: Bam also is a LOT more inefficient without Butler. It’s like Harrell without Lou last year.

I mean, he had 37 and 40 the first 2 games. Last night was an outlier. Tonight is a perfect night to take advantage of recency bias with him being potentially underowned, MIA isn’t going to lie down 2 nights in a row.

• jfitzgan

@ImADonk11 said...

This is completely false according to CourtIQ. Per last season’s numbers, Dragic gets the biggest usage bump with no Jimmy, and Bam’s FPPM gets a big boost from 1.12 to 1.31. Herro gets a usage bump for sure but saying he is the only one who benefits is incorrect. Dragic should definitely bounce back tonight, just a matter of minutes but he still can get there with 27-29 minutes and he should be motivated one would think.

I’m assuming u play on dk. Not sure what his price is but I assume it’s fair. On FD, he is $6.9k. That’s a different story in my opinion with jrue on him. Obviously, I expect him to do better than last night but at that price I doubt u see a ceiling game from him. But I’m often wrong. I’ll have a tiny bit just in case.

• Supersharpie

@Njsum1 said...

He’ll be the first to get pulled in a rout. That’s the risk as we now know. I’ll take a shot or two yet he won’t be part of my core. If he smashes, I’ll hope the lineup he’s in is smashing as well.

Yeah, that’s where I am at. I had nearly 100% exposure last night. Thankfully I still managed to almost breakeven. With that said, I will only be playing him in two lus tonight.

• monarch

The Heat are definitely flat. They dont have the ability to flip a switch like the Bucks or perhaps Nets can. They will ramp it back up most likely at some point in the season but it will take them longer. They are a very culture/rhythm based system that needs everyone to buy in it kinda all unravels.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

@ImADonk11 said...

Seems so weird to see AD and Bron priced right next to Trae. Man I know I said I am off AD but at that price, coming off his terrible game makes me want to play him. If his ownership is lower not sure I can help myself lol.

Lol. I’m just starting to work on the slate but I had this exact same thought this morning. Old habits die hard lol.

• eatmyturf23

@RipCityRings said...

The same argument goes against Bam, expecting him to carve up the Bucks’ interior. Jimmy buckets could slice that up and make assists to Bam. I think you’d need a weaker frontcourt defense for Bam’s boost to kick in here.

edit: Extra note for Dragic .. over his career matchups vs Jrue, he’s about 0.1 (or 10%) worse fppm. So a ceiling game does seem to be a challenge here for Goran.

• RipCityRings

@frugal said...

I mean, he had 37 and 40 the first 2 games. Last night was an outlier. Tonight is a perfect night to take advantage of recency bias with him being potentially underowned, MIA isn’t going to lie down 2 nights in a row.

37 or 40 at 5.8K isn’t usually a GPP-winning score though. I want to buy low with guys like Dragic; FD had him slightly overpriced and Herro extremely underpriced.

I definitely agree that Miami won’t lie down here, but they also don’t have the firepower to contend with the Bucks when their shots are falling. Riley is a god at finding talent, I would expect to see the rooks get plenty of run again tonight.

Some of my favorites for today.. Pee-Gee, LOUUU, K D, Irving, Bogy, Reddish, Murray, DeRozan… Robt Williams, D A J, Ibaka, Covington

• RipCityRings

I think Graham is a little underpriced here on FD. If J-Rich sits their team D takes a pretty big hit, and Graham’s ceiling is sky-high for 5.9K. Love both him and Smart at SG for the same price. On the other side, I would imagine we see a lot more Brunson in that scenario who should get whatever he wants vs Charlotte.

• frugal

@RipCityRings said...

37 or 40 at 5.8K isn’t usually a GPP-winning score though. I want to buy low with guys like Dragic; FD had him slightly overpriced and Herro extremely underpriced.

I definitely agree that Miami won’t lie down here, but they also don’t have the firepower to contend with the Bucks when their shots are falling. Riley is a god at finding talent, I would expect to see the rooks get plenty of run again tonight.

Did you watch the game? MIL nearly set an NBA record for made 3’s in a half, they just couldn’t miss and MIA turned over the ball at a crazy rate. I expect a regression to norms on both sides and a much closer game tonight.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

Key news to watch (status as of 3 ET):

LeBron James – questionable
    Kawhi LeonardTBD
    Jayson Tatum – questionable
    LaMarcus Aldridge – questionable
    Danilo Gallinari – probable
    Josh Richardson – questionable
    Gary Trent Jr. – questionable
    Marcus MorrisTBD

• jayzee666

@Georgesteele said...

Which pussies will be resting tonight? Terrible what’s happened to the great game people used to love. It is literally a 3 point shooting contest and tall genetics vs other tall genetics.

Imagine being 23 years old and being told you cant do physical activity 2 days in a row.

Getting paid a few million to not play? If your boss told you to take a day off and still pay you, how would you feel?

If league doesn’t want players to sit then don’t schedule B2Bs. Plus no fans in stands to piss off this season.

Wonder how many B2Bs they had in the good ole days.

• Brendan239

@ImADonk11 said...

I’ve got an AD/Murray/DDR/Keldon LU in case AD has one of his 80+ games that he’s due for. This Laker team is so deep now though, it’s hard to play him or LBJ. I DO like Schroeder some though too.

• jfitzgan

@RipCityRings said...

I think Graham is a little underpriced here on FD. If J-Rich sits their team D takes a pretty big hit, and Graham’s ceiling is sky-high for 5.9K. Love both him and Smart at SG for the same price. On the other side, I would imagine we see a lot more Brunson in that scenario who should get whatever he wants vs Charlotte.

Agree about smart and Graham. If Tatum sits I’ll have a lot of smart. Already have a bunch of graham.

• Brendan239

Does DAJ see more minutes when Kyrie and KD are both playing since their pals? I have a Young/Kyrie/Levert/Reddish/DAJ stack in a super fast paced game. I think Gallo (if in) only effects Hunter.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@frugal said...

Did you watch the game? MIL nearly set an NBA record for made 3’s in a half, they just couldn’t miss and MIA turned over the ball at a crazy rate. I expect a regression to norms on both sides and a much closer game tonight.

Butler out, Bucks just killed them and MKE only favored by 6. I think Giannis is going to spend his night on his phone sitting this puppy out.

• jfitzgan

@frugal said...

I know u play a lot on yahoo. I’m unfamiliar with their format. What players are comparable to dragic price wise on yahoo?

• ovopistons

@Georgesteele said...

Thanks for your opinion on the state of today’s NBA, uncle Bob. Cheer up buddy. Now, do you actually want an answer to your question?

If you do, I’m going back to Herro tonight at 4.5k on FD. I’ll be monitoring Tatum’s status as it relates to Teague at 4.4k and Theis at 3.9k. Not sure what happened to Finney-Smith’s minutes (Clippers blowout?), but I’d like him if I knew he was getting 30 min. Might take a flyer on guys like Iguodala and Avery Bradley as well.

• RipCityRings

@frugal said...

Bucks have looked really bad aside from that game, I agree that their shooting last night was an outlier but I just don’t see this one being meaningful in DFS terms even if it is inevitably closer. Bucks have too many weapons and the Heat have no answer without the Butler/Bam pnr and Jimmy’s D. Could be wrong, we’ll see how things shake out.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).