• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 9 ) at Boston ( -9 ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -6 ) at Miami ( 6 ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 6.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -6.5 ) — T: 239.5
    8:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) — T: 223.5
    8:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -6 ) at San Antonio ( 6 ) — T: 230
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( 3.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -3.5 ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@monarch said...

Yes high ceiling and Stevens kinda concedes 1v1 to the center plus Time Lord, Theis and Grant Williams are kinda screwed in this matchup.

I understand you’re excited about MEM’s chance to win this game but can’t you also see a scenario where MEM gets boat raced and J-Val isn’t necessary or even good? Maybe some gorgeous dong

• frugal

@captainwacky said...

Back in the 80’s, we would do cocaine with the players and DFS was done on the same paper. We paid each other in blood, and never stopped competing.

Oh yeah? I remember when NBA was a battle to the death. DFS 2X bonus if the opponent was disemboweled by the half, 3X for a basket scored with a severed head.

• billythekidcowboysheat

8 pages and i have yet to see one mans name…

Y’all have fun deciphering my heat, and the bkn-atl game. Tonight👇🏿

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

Did you watch the game? MIL nearly set an NBA record for made 3’s in a half, they just couldn’t miss and MIA turned over the ball at a crazy rate. I expect a regression to norms on both sides and a much closer game tonight.

They actually broke the record by two or three for most made threes in a game. I don’t see anything close to that tonight, or maybe ever again from this group. As I have said multiple times this week, Miami handled the Bucks quite easily twice last season without Butler. Last night was just an avalanche. Bucks couldn’t miss and Miami kept turning the ball over in the first quarter. I expect Miami to right the ship tonight and probably win a much closer competitive game.

• nerman

@Yeoman said...

Am I that out of touch? I didn’t even know who anyone in that article was.

Same. Never heard of any of them. I thought maybe Big Papi got shot again.

• Brendan239

CJ McCollum is the play for Portland, not Dame.

• Mccurds13

@jfitzgan said...

I know u play a lot on yahoo. I’m unfamiliar with their format. What players are comparable to dragic price wise on yahoo?

Tonight Rozier, Schroeder, Brooks and Smart are around him. Yahoo has some pretty laughable pricing at times. Bazley is finally starting to creep above min price for example.

• synth

I do think NBA is very hard to win at – more so than MLB or NFL – but I don’t think it’s because of injury news or anything. It’s just that it’s one of the most consistent in terms of finding the right plays due to so much of the equation being about minutes played. So the margin for error is very small.

For instance, in NFL if I make a mistake and play a WR that only sees the field on 20% of the snaps I can still get lucky and have that be a DeSean Jackson 80 yard TD like last week and not be punished for it.

In NBA if I make a mistake a play a guy that ends up coming off the bench and not get a lot of minutes due to a blowout – say Dragic last night – then there’s no way to get lucky with those minutes I do get. He’ll be a bad play and I won’t cash.

So with NBA I think people have gotten very, very, very good at properly finding the solid FPPM players that are getting minutes that night, so it’s easy for the more casual/average players to make a mistake in the lineup and you can’t overcome those mistakes with luck in this one.

NBA is the most skill intensive DFS sport of the big 3. The solution is not to complain about injury news. It’s to learn how to do better at sifting through the data each night and eliminate the mistakes. Which is something I’m working on. Last night was my worst night of the year but I learned a few things from it. On to tonight.

Just my take anyways. Your mileage may vary.

• Theguy49503

@captainwacky said...

Back in the 80’s, we would do cocaine with the players and DFS was done on the same paper. We paid each other in blood, and never stopped competing.

😂😂😂😂 +1

• tmarohl

@Brendan239 said...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thebiglead.com/posts/dan-le-batard-makes-shocking-announcement-future-even-more-unclear-01etsvvrpd1a/amp

I for one could never stand the Le-Batard show so am glad it is done.

• Manyak

random question.

if a fantasy points league,

would you trade Towns/Fultz for Jonas Val / Freddy Vanvleet??

• gaelicgirl

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Did you skip pages 2 and 3?

• Brendan239

FD: Batum, Clarke, or Kuzma? All 3 could put up 16 or 40

• donkeydealer

On DK whos better at 4400 Reddish or Lonnie Walker

• ghost3490

Middleton/Timelord or Derozan/Reddish?

DK Cash.

• profusionz

I love nba dfs, but say what you will about skill, data, analysis and projections – it mostly comes down to luck and having a big enough bankroll

• Brendan239

@profusionz said...

I love nba dfs, but say what you will about skill, data, analysis and projections – it mostly comes down to luck and having a big enough bankroll

Yep. I don’t think Awesomo even watches sports.

• maddysdaddy0914

@profusionz said...

Comments like that just frustrate me.

• Mccurds13

@profusionz said...

Isn’t every sport for DFS like that though? I’m fairly new to DFS in general but I’m terrible at basketball. And sure I dont watch but I don’t watch English soccer and do far better there than I do in basketball. So to me it definitely has a higher skill median than the others.

• zeeshan2

I think I want to fade the expensive ATL side of that game(young, Collins) and go with the backups just in case it blows out. The Nets haven’t allowed more than 106 points in regulation to anyone so I have interest in Reddish, TLC, Huerter, and Hunter.

• zeeshan2

@ghost3490 said...

Middleton/Timelord or Derozan/Reddish?

DK Cash.

second one but depends on if Giannis and Jimmy play tonight

• nerman

@synth said...

I do think NBA is very hard to win at – more so than MLB or NFL – but I don’t think it’s because of injury news or anything. It’s just that it’s one of the most consistent in terms of finding the right plays due to so much of the equation being about minutes played. So the margin for error is very small.

For instance, in NFL if I make a mistake and play a WR that only sees the field on 20% of the snaps I can still get lucky and have that be a DeSean Jackson 80 yard TD like last week and not be punished for it.

In NBA if I make a mistake a play a guy that ends up coming off the bench and not get a lot of minutes due to a blowout – say Dragic last night – then there’s no way to get lucky with those minutes I do get. He’ll be a bad play and I won’t cash.

So with NBA I think people have gotten very, very, very good at properly finding the solid FPPM players that are getting minutes that night, so it’s easy for the more casual/average players to make a mistake in the lineup and you can’t overcome those mistakes with luck in this one.

NBA is the most skill intensive DFS sport of the big 3. The solution is not to complain about injury news. It’s to learn how to do better at sifting through the data each night and eliminate the mistakes. Which is something I’m working on. Last night was my worst night of the year but I learned a few things from it. On to tonight.

Just my take anyways. Your mileage may vary.

I am going back to the well on Dragic. Maybe I’m a masochist. But if he was good enough for me last night then he should be again today. That’s a mistake I used to make a lot. Cashed every entry last night with him and Blake getting hurt.

Another one is last minute changes based on news. I almost made some major switches when Delon Wright was announced coming off the bench Tuesday. But every other piece in my line I liked so I stuck with it. The line-up crushed except for Morant got hurt but still cashed half my entries.

I think each person has to figure out where they make their own mistakes and work on fixing those. The rest is just DFS.

Last one, I always make my lineup before checking this thread or any projection models. If I want to make changes then I keep my original and add additional lineups. I usually wind up with 2-5 that I enter but always my original. That’s the one I find differentiates me from the pack. Nothing worse than knowing you switched out some great plays.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@Brendan239 said...

Yep. I don’t think Awesomo even watches sports.

I think he does. He can barely speak on those videos, but at least he seems to know the players, roles, etc.

• FunchessOfFun

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Y’all have fun deciphering my heat, and the bkn-atl game. Tonight👇🏿

I couldn’t pull the trigger tonight, but him and PG have an interesting narrative if you’re into that sort of thing

• Yeoman

@frugal said...

Oh yeah? I remember when NBA was a battle to the death. DFS 2X bonus if the opponent was disemboweled by the half, 3X for a basket scored with a severed head.

I remember when Wilt was $25k and still made value.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).