• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

5:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 0 ) at Sacramento ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Charlotte ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 2.5 ) at Chicago ( -2.5 ) —- T: 202
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 10 ) at Houston ( -10 ) —- T: 222
    8:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 11 ) at Utah ( -11 ) —- T: 206
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 0 ) at Oklahoma City ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Gokou

@Touchole said...

Played 3 DK GPPS. The 2 that cashed both had a zero in them. One with Porzingas. The other had Beasley ( and 1.25 from W. Johnson )

Both scored 298 and change.

Wild night.

They announced Porzingis out well in advance for you to swap

• Chuky

@jtwfantasy said...

The multi entry is 4x bigger, not as big of a difference as you may think.

What? Dude the probability is way higher to hit 410 in multi because of pivoting but to hit 405 with one bullet is extremely hard.

• NESBears120

Ugh I was on the hou/ny game all day until the news broke on the guys sitting… I pivoted to cle/cha and lac/okc and unless I wake up and change my mind tonight put me on tilt I’m going all in either I win tomorrow or I’m finished with dfs

• jtwfantasy

@Chuky said...

What? Dude the probability is way higher to hit 410 in multi because of pivoting but to hit 405 with one bullet is extremely hard.

True, but you also have 29,000 people with different thoughts on how to attack the slate.

• depalma13

Two night ago, I don’t cash by less than a point. Last night I don’t cash by less than a point. This is beyond frustrating.

• zpa1989

@debeatup said...

It’s very important that when you are on the bad side of a great night or you miss the big plays to really dig in and reverse engineer to see if it’s totally fluke, a sharp play or a blend of both

Your totally right. I punted willy in a few lineups just didn’t consider Jennings. Maybe I would have if he had shown more in his previous games when extra minutes opened up due to injury. Oh well, just a missed opportunity. On to tomorrow.

• scopa

@zpa1989 said...

Your totally right. I punted willy in a few lineups just didn’t consider Jennings. Maybe I would have if he had shown more in his previous games when extra minutes opened up due to injury. Oh well, just a missed opportunity. On to tomorrow.

I had no insight to Jennings making a play last night. My highest LU went for 392 and the Jennings pick vs. Felton would have put me over the top -> Dam
    Perfect storm, had no idea that Coach would of deployed a two guard back court for the bulk of the game. But against HOU it does make sense. It was Jennings quarterly outburst. Its just to bad Felton couldn’t duplicate.

• Tammy409

@Chuky said...

I just don’t understand what the hell is going on these days. How can the single entry dribbler with 29k have the leader at 405 and the leader in the shot with 117k entries with 410. I’m kinda baffle these days. This is not the first time I’ve seen this either!

Not sure I understand the puzzlement with this. Is your assertion that a tournament with more total entries, more multi-entry players, should have a higher winning total for any given Tourney? … I would suspect that this is happens more often than not, but there is absolutely no mathematical reason for this to happen. If anything, someone’s grandmother is more likely to submit a single entry that a daily Dfser would never think to and when the stars align, it may blow the field away.

• Tammy409

@Gokou said...

They announced Porzingis out well in advance for you to swap

Some of us are too lazy to care or (speaking for myself) think bad luck to mess with lineups after creation. I’d rather make a few more and leave them alone. I cash with zeros in my lineups every night and oftentimes purposefully roster guys I know aren’t going to play. I put Kawhi in several as soon as I knew he wasn’t going to dress. It works for me.

I also think that the ‘Flex’ or ‘Utility’ is really an incubator and shouldn’t be counted upon for points. I have preached that if ‘you can’t cash with a zero in your lineup, you should probably find another hobby’, but I’ll admit lately that this has become increasingly tough. Still in all, of the 1`5 Lineups I had on DK’s last night, I finished winning 3x entry fees overall and of the 9 or 10 that cashed, 7 had zeroes in them and all had at least two single digit scores, three scores of less than 20.

EDIT: To your original point about the news being out there well in advance. True enough. I remember early in the NFL season, a guy who had ASJ at TE in the late Sunday games that was well ahead in the Milly Maker on DK’s didn’t swap him out for any number of others that would have had him winning the Million walking away. ASJ (with TB) had been arrested for a DUI that Thursday and it was well known that he wasn’t going to play. People were freaked when they saw that this unknown dfs player didn’t swap out his TE for Brate, et. al… The Million was his for the taking, but had this happened to me when I first started playing, I would never have been the wiser. I’d have just thought, ‘Wow, I did pretty well.’ First time I ever played Dfs I was up $33,000 late Sunday night on first NFL slate (from $25 Dk’s first deposit) and would have kept it had I known that once you entered DK’s lineups on Thursday you could change the 8 other guys from Sunday’s games. I was clueless, knew nobody that played Dfs and knew nothing of RG or any forums… My guess is the guy has no idea and I hope for his sake he never finds out.

• Tammy409

@zjdubya said...

Ive only been playing about a year but Ive never seen 103 fantasy points. Gotta be one of the best stat lines ever.

Anthony Davis had a similar total first week, but Harden broke an all-time NBA record or did something no NBA player has ever done, which was to score 50 points with 15 assists and 15 rebounds (not to mention 7 steals or something and whatever blocks).

• Tammy409

I make stupid moves all the time, but while I’d not have thought that Jennings a good play (if I play a Knick, it’s usually Hernangomez), I feel more dim than usual, as had a need for a G at a similar price point. The idiotic thing, however, was I played a backup PG across the board (and for more money) that got exactly ZERO points and a DNP. I didn’t consider Holiday, Jennings, or any others that were affordable, and while I did alright last night, I’m sure the lineups that had that Sun’s PG (the one that isn’t Bledsoe) could have used the Jennings points. It was dumb to play that clown and also Dudley, so I deserve what I got.

• JimKronlund

@Tammy409 said...

I finished winning 3x entry fees overall

So you won $8 bucks, and with zeros in your LU? While you purposefully roster guys you know aren’t going to play?
    Do you have any idea how that sounds?

• Tammy409

@mrmogz said...

Fuck I sucked big donkey dick this week.

Also didn’t do well at DFS.

I also drop jokes on here that fly over everyone’s heads. Consider yours appreciated by me at least.

• debeatup

@JimKronlund said...

So you won $8 bucks, and with zeros in your LU? While you purposefully roster guys you know aren’t going to play?
    Do you have any idea how that sounds?

Well to be fair Brandon Knight is clearly a talented player, Watson just seems to hate the guy for whatever reason.

Trade him back to the Bucks for Monroe, they need frontcourt help desperately

• JimKronlund

@debeatup said...

Well to be fair Brandon Knight is clearly a talented player, Watson just seems to hate the guy for whatever reason.

Trade him back to the Bucks for Monroe, they need frontcourt help desperately

Huh?

• al3b3d3v

came in 6th in the swat. three headed monster of Harden ABC Lebron was the key. Brogdons trip dub was awesome. didnt have jennings who was the difference maker in the lineup.

• JimKronlund

error

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).