3:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 7 ) at Washington ( -7 ) —- T: 213.5
    5:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -3.5 ) at Indiana ( 3.5 ) —- T: 212
    5:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 10 ) at Boston ( -10 ) —- T: 210
    7:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 15 ) at Houston ( -15 ) —- T: 226
    7:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 0 ) at Oklahoma City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 3 ) at Sacramento ( -3 ) —- T: 194
    7:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 2.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -2.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -2.5 ) at Phoenix ( 2.5 ) —- T: 221

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Last chance to win a GPP in 2017. Lucky for everyone it’s a super easy day. Get ready for a 12949051 way tie.

Only playing 4 line ups today to focus on NFL.

2 with RWB
    1 with RWB/Harden
    1 with Neither

100% on Hart and MKG
    75% on Blake, Ryan Anderson, and Steven Adams

• upgradetoquestionable

Love the little three game early slate. Gonna miss the NBA Sundays during NFL season my best results have been on Sundays

• Naomi44

last day of fantasy sports…… I hope that I go out with a bang…… Good luck to everyone on the thread. Lets win some money….

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@superjon said...

Only playing 4 line ups today to focus on NFL.

2 with RWB
    1 with RWB/Harden
    1 with Neither

I think I am fading Harden today…just seems like a CP kinda day.

• DfsBopBooth

RWB, Melo, Capela, Vince, Ingram Core.

• superjon

@DfsBopBooth said...

RWB, Melo, Capela, Vince, Ingram Core.

Vince Carter?

Is he even playing today?

• superjon

@RandysCrow said...

I’m worried about CP’s minutes. I like him if he’s not on a restriction.

Harden has historically done pretty well against the Lakers. He’s $900 less than RWB on FD, and in a higher paced match up with no one that can really guard him.

If CP is going to get at least 30 minutes, I kind of liking pairing him with Harden instead of RWB and Harden.

• DfsBopBooth

@superjon said...

Vince Carter?

Is he even playing today?

New Years Eve against his old team after a DNP-CD last game. You have to think he gets 20-25 mins

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@superjon said...

I’m worried about CP’s minutes. I like him if he’s not on a restriction.

Harden has historically done pretty well against the Lakers. He’s $900 less than RWB on FD, and in a higher paced match up with no one that can really guard him.

If CP is going to get at least 30 minutes, I kind of liking pairing him with Harden instead of RWB and Harden.

CP played 25 minutes his first game back and this isn’t a B2B so I think he has 30 with no problem. Harden I think takes a little step back to get himself right again, I think the Boston (Smart) game is still messing with his head a little. Not that I think Harden is going to do bad, but I dont think he reaches his 5x value today.

Instead of Harden I am rolling with Booker. Same high paced game. His shooting volume and minutes are there and I think he rebounds from a poor shooting night last time out. Plus him and Warren are the only scorers on the team so he is going to get his. With Warren (assuming he is being guarded by Simmons) even more of the scoring load should fall onto Booker. I am betting 50 FD points but hoping for 65! IMO Booker and Harden could cancel each other out today point wise (but at a significant savings)!

Im going with Westy. Down Paul George and can’t rely on Melo to keep them in the game so if they want to compete I think he needs to go off again and the Dallas PGs arent anywhere close to his league..

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@DfsBopBooth said...

New Years Eve against his old team after a DNP-CD last game. You have to think he gets 20-25 mins

I am plugging VC into one of my core lineups just on a whim for that reason!

• MrPerfekt7

Vince Carter and Zach Randolph revenge game!!! Memphis could’ve re signed them but let them go. ZBo gets to go to work against the team he helped established the slogan Grit and Grind

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

Dirk….one…more….time…..

• Njsum1

@RandysCrow said...

Harden has crushed the lakers this year and CP3 played in both games. with RWB on the slate and no George, Harden will probably go overlooked a bit, and he just had a dud last game. So he’s at the very least an interesting pivot. However, Westbrook is clearly the better play, yet I wouldn’t be totally shocked if Harden outscored him here, its unlikely, yet possible.

• Njsum1

@7klub06 said...

Vince Carter and Zach Randolph revenge game!!! Memphis could’ve re signed them but let them go. ZBo gets to go to work against the team he helped established the slogan Grit and Grind

Yesssss….A Memphis/Sacramento game…When I saw this little gem on the slate two words immediately came to mind…all in 😀

• superjon

After some more research I am currently completely off RWB. I think his ceiling is just around or a little under 5x. Like Cousins last night, I don’t want to pay that much for a guy that I don’t believe has any real upside. The only guy I’m willing to play from OKC today is Adams.

PG looks like Paul, Kemba, DSJ and Barrea
    SG is Harden (70%), Booker, Batum and Hart

I’ve switched to 100% on Blake and MKG.

• MrPerfekt7

All in on Clarkson and maybe Hart? No KCP and no Ball

• Njsum1

@superjon said...

After some more research I am currently completely off RWB. I think his ceiling is just around or a little under 5x. Like Cousins last night, I don’t want to pay that much for a guy that I don’t believe has any real upside. The only guy I’m willing to play from OKC today is Adams.

PG looks like Paul, Kemba, DSJ and Barrea
    SG is Harden (70%), Booker, Batum and Hart

I’ve switched to 100% on Blake and MKG.

It seems many of your posts are devoted to either talking yourself or others off chalk…#diggin2deep. While anything can happen, this isn’t rocket science. With Paul George out, Beastbrook has like a 90% usage rate. Maybe pivot to harden in A handful of lineups if you make many, yet a complete fade of Westbrook is not wise…imho

Edit: chalk is chalk for a reason, as more often than not, it works out.

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Harden has crushed the lakers this year and CP3 played in both games. with RWB on the slate and no George, Harden will probably go overlooked a bit, and he just had a dud last game. So he’s at the very least an interesting pivot. However, Westbrook is clearly the better play, yet I wouldn’t be totally shocked if Harden outscored him here, its unlikely, yet possible.

In two lineups so far I have coompletely punted the SF position on FD and used a combination of V Carter/G Green/J Huestis/J Ennis. This allowed me to do a RWB-Harden-Booker-Kuzma and a RWB-Harden-Kuzma-Embiid lineup. those are my only two Harden lineups I think I am doing though.

I really like the first roster mentioned with the complimentary players added in.

I think today is going to be like last night, a lot of very close fantasy scoring night where picking the right role player combination is going to be key.

• bhodgman

First impression of today’s dk slate:

1) Gotta be Greg Monroe turn at C for PHO today, no…!?!? If so, he should SMASH that DK price…

2) Tremendous value on LAL (Clarkson and/or Ingram) with both Lonzo and now KCP out today.

3) RWB is an absolute lock. Harden a fade.

4) Surprising, but don’t really like Embiid here. (Then again, I’m the guy that recommended fading Boogie all yesterday). Also of note, Covington has done poorly in b2bs this year (avg 20.08 dk points), but a sample size of just 3.

5) Key decision will be whether to fade Melo, because he could easily go for 7x+… Leaning fade at the moment.

Should be fun. GL to all. :-)

• Njsum1

@RandysCrow said...

In two lineups so far I have coompletely punted the SF position on FD and used a combination of V Carter/G Green/J Huestis/J Ennis. This allowed me to do a RWB-Harden-Booker-Kuzma and a RWB-Harden-Kuzma-Embiid lineup. those are my only two Harden lineups I think I am doing though.

I really like the first roster mentioned with the complimentary players added in.

I think today is going to be like last night, a lot of very close fantasy scoring night where picking the right role player combination is going to be key.

It could work, yet I don’t like it as your forcing “value” into your lineups. Also westy and harden will both have to absolutely crush it for that to work. I usually make 20 lineups, yet I don’t have time tonight, so I’m only making 2, so I won’t be pairing them up. Yet if I was to make 20 I’d probably use them together in 2 and hope some cheapies come through.

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

and hope some cheapies come through.

I am really thinking that Gerald Green is going to get a lot of run tonight and put up another 25-30 fantasy points. I expect him to be highly owned though.

I pretty much faded PHI in my LUs except for one Embiid and a little Covington. Other than that I am good not going with the rest and if they do well so be it.

• superjon

@Njsum1 said...

It seems many of your posts are devoted to either talking yourself or others off chalk…#diggin2deep. While anything can happen, this isn’t rocket science. With Paul George out, Beastbrook has like a 90% usage rate. Maybe pivot to harden in A handful of lineups if you make many, yet a complete fade of Westbrook is not wise…imho

Edit: chalk is chalk for a reason, as more often than not, it works out.

I’m not concerned about the usage bump. What puts me off RWB today is the pace of the game. It favors Adams more than him. If you look at the 5 slowest paced teams in the league. DAL, DET, MEM, SAC, SAS. RWB has played 7 games collectively against all of them this season.

He only hit value once, and it was a mere 5x his FD price. Like I said, I don’t see the upside today.

PG actually missed one of those games, and in the others he played in, only did well in one of them. The rest, he was essentially a non-factor.

Finally, while it may come across that way, I am certainly not trying to talk anyone off any particular player. I’ll personally make a stand on certain players in terms of playing or fading, and do my best to provide logic and data to back up my stance.

Thanks

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@superjon said...

the pace of the game

How did that MEM-GS game work out for you last night? It killed me!

I like your posts and insight….just talking the other side for the sake of conversation!

Im not playing and Simmons-Griffin-Gasol-Dwight today so those will be your 80 point scorers tonight lol

• superjon

@RandysCrow said...

How did that MEM-GS game work out for you last night? It killed me!

I like your posts and insight….just talking the other side for the sake of conversation!

Im not playing and Simmons-Griffin-Gasol-Dwight today so those will be your 80 point scorers tonight lol

Sure it wasn’t expected to be that high scoring of a game, but all those points were spread out, and the only guys to make value on either team were the punts.

So even though it was a high scoring game. Fading it was still the right play from a DFS perspective.

• scott33

My go to value plays on FD are Hart of course & JeramI Grant. I see a good game for Grant with no George/Roberson. All in on Westbrook. Core is RWB, TJ Mac, Hart, Ariza, RoCov, Kuzma. 60% Booker T, 40% Beard.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).