• 2020 Blogger of the Month

3:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 7 ) at Indiana ( -7 ) — T: 216.5
    5:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 6 ) at Washington ( -6 ) — T: 234,5
    6:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -3 ) at Orlando ( 3 ) — T: 217.5
    7:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 5 ) at Houston ( -5 ) — T: 229
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 9 ) at Toronto ( -9 ) — T: 216.5
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( -5.5 ) at Oklahoma City ( 5.5 ) — T: 214.5
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 3.5 ) at Utah ( -3.5 ) — T: 218

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• dominicanpapi

Very very initial preview but I’ll be focusing a lot on the Kings/Rockets game. Wall is 7K on FD, Haliburton is $4900, Bagley still at $5100.

Pelicans/OKC game will probably be the slowest game of the night. Pels are playing really slow and they’re packing the paint which forces outside shots, they’re allowing the most three point attempts in the league. I don’t see it with Shai in this game.

Gobert as a late night hammer, Bojan is only $4900 but Phoenix is allowing the least amount of three point attempts in the league.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

This slate looks like 2020.

• gaelicgirl

@Pandamonious said...

This slate looks like 2020.

Yep. It might have been a nice 4-game slate if the Knicks weren’t on it. I don’t want to play Julius Randle.

Like, ever.

• BazookaDad

I feel like Harden might be the guy to fade tonight, call me crazy but I would rather Wall for 7000 on FD and pivot elsewhere. Any thoughts on that? Seems like the logical play with Wall and Boogie back.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

@BazookaDad said...

I feel like Harden might be the guy to fade tonight, call me crazy but I would rather Wall for 7000 on FD and pivot elsewhere. Any thoughts on that? Seems like the logical play with Wall and Boogie back.

I think playing no Rockets at all is logical.

I can understand if someone wants to play some of them. Harden is certainly overpriced for his role, but yet still maintains a very high ceiling, highest on the slate in fact, no matter who plays on the Rockets.

Wall, pre-injuries with the Wiz, with good Beal, would be very underpriced here and we saw flashes in preseason, but we really have no idea what to expect here.

Cousins is intriguing, but probably won’t see more than 20-25 minutes.

Wood, assuming he loses shots and usage here is now pretty much overpriced.

EDIT: Should clarify, I only have looked at DK so far, who has the ORL/PHI game on the main slate. You mentioned FD, who I believe has a 4-gamer and haven’t looked there. Obviously less games, means more likely certain Rockets become viable.

• JTL33

Donovan Mitchell has to stop shooting like garbage one of these days right? Kinda like him/Fox/SGA for spend up guards as a first look.

• BazookaDad

@Pandamonious said...

I think you may be right on this one, too many guys to feed.

I do a single entry for mainly GPP’s so I guess I will need to eat the Harden chalk and the Randle pukes chalk.

I’ll just play Fox/Haliburton on the Kings side and bring it back with Harden.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

SF looks like a real problem on FD.

I know he’s sort of struggled, but that’s still too cheap for Buddy on FD.

• BazookaDad

@Pandamonious said...

Haliburton at 500 cheaper seems like the better play, no?

• gaelicgirl

Already have a bad feeling about this slate

But will probably play it anyway…

Going Fox/Hali, Harden/Cousins, all 4. Keying on this game. 1st glance. Some Wall

• SkateFiend

@BazookaDad said...

I think you may be right on this one, too many guys to feed.

I do a single entry for mainly GPP’s so I guess I will need to eat the Harden chalk and the Randle pukes chalk.

I’ll just play Fox/Haliburton on the Kings side and bring it back with Harden.

The Rockets aren’t going all small anymore, so Tucker and House will take a back seat and leave the feeding to Wood, Gordon and perhaps even Cousins. Wall is essentially replaces RWB

Wood’s status as a starter is unchanged by the return of Gordon and Cousins. He’s center eligible at DK and cheaper than Zion and Gobert, but his ceiling is higher. The centers below him are prime candidates to play 25 minutes and cough up 22 fantasy points. I faded all Rockets except for him and Cousins. Cousins is dirt cheap and worth a flier in coin games.

And there’s always a chance that Harden will score 70 points and blow up the slate. He’s one of the few blowout proof stars. D’antoni ran him in fourth quarter even when the game became a foregone conclusion. Mayne Silas won’t let that happen anymore. I doubt it.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

@BazookaDad said...

Haliburton at 500 cheaper seems like the better play, no?

Not necessarily. Buddy has a higher ceiling, I think.

Haliburton might have slightly more peripheral upside. He’s been shooting extremely well. Unsustainably well. Buddy also plays 7-9 minutes more a game, which puts him in a much better position.

I suppose it’s possible though that Haliburton outscores him, and if Haliburton is going to be lower owned, than it makes sense to go there.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

I can understand if someone wants to play some of them. Harden is certainly overpriced for his role, but yet still maintains a very high ceiling, highest on the slate in fact, no matter who plays on the Rockets.

Wall, pre-injuries with the Wiz, with good Beal, would be very underpriced here and we saw flashes in preseason, but we really have no idea what to expect here.

Cousins is intriguing, but probably won’t see more than 20-25 minutes.

Wood, assuming he loses shots and usage here is now pretty much overpriced.

EDIT: Should clarify, I only have looked at DK so far, who has the ORL/PHI game on the main slate. You mentioned FD, who I believe has a 4-gamer and haven’t looked there. Obviously less games, means more likely certain Rockets become viable.

The only Rocket that seems viable to me on DK is Boogie at 5K. No viable Rockets on FD

• JTL33

Redick has been so bad but I played him when he was more expensive so why not now at 3.7k baybay!

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

@JTL33 said...

Redick has been so bad but I played him when he was more expensive so why not now at 3.7k baybay!

I think JJ Is just depressed playing for SVG again. Probably has no legs left for his shot from 3.

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

The only Rocket that seems viable to me on DK is Boogie at 5K. No viable Rockets on FD

I was disappointed when I saw his price. I agree. I think i’m just paying up for Rudy. His price isn’t outrighous and his floor is pretty good. Adams going back to OKC at 5.4k is definitely in play too.

• ifthethunder

Once again my Big Tray lineup was my worst one (and cashed again, anyways). Those things were awesome. Now they’re gone (sniff).

Anyways, I’m playing the early slate on DK for my Ironman achievement. May or may not bother with the 5-game main.
    ~

• miggs6876

@Pandamonious said...

SF looks like a real problem on FD.

Position is troublesome. 9.4k for Ingram is very steep. Regarding a previous post on the rockets. I am going to give Wall a shot at 7k. Hope he comes out flying at low ownership and hit 50fps.

• jfitzgan

Before rocket players were quarantined, cousins was $4.5k on FD. Played 0 games and is now $6.5k. Odd.

• monarch

John Wall 7.1k some Kentucky Wildcat alpha action vs Deaaron Fox? What is not to like. He will be much higher than 7.1k going forward.

• winnerchickendinner

Going to play Randle and looking for the streak to continue. Instead of looking directly at the numbers will look at size+speed differences first for players that have been locked in. Has a good amount of more weight to go with quickness against that Raptor frontcourt.

• jayzee666

I will be ❄️❄️❄️❄️ the knicks and Sac primarily tonight. I will then make a LU of stacking each game by itself, but those LUs will be one offs.

Your research is done! Avoid knicks/sac players, Randle will be my highest owned!

I had 5 ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ in each LU yesterday, so how can you not heed my warning???

• monarch

@winnerchickendinner said...

Going to play Randle and looking for the streak to continue. Instead of looking directly at the numbers will look at size+speed differences first for players that have been locked in. Has a good amount of more weight to go with quickness against that Raptor frontcourt.

I have been targeting potential assist guys who are mispriced this season to success (Randle, Lowry, Jokic) and avoiding overpriced guys (Luka) where the potential assists are not there so I will have some more Randle tonight. He is underpriced for the script that the Knicks are not blown out and the Raptors are not very good at the moment.

• jv21

• Ranked #77

RG Tiered Ranking

Why cant DK and FD be on the same page. Sucks that they have different lock times. I may just fade the PHI/ORL to give myself 30 more minutes on DK.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).