7:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( -1.5 ) at Orlando ( 1.5 ) —- T: 215
    7:30 PM EST : Miami ( 6 ) at Boston ( -6 ) —- T: 213
    7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -1 ) at Atlanta ( 1 ) —- T: 222.5
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 1 ) at Okla City ( -1 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 6 ) at Chicago ( -6 ) —- T: 218.5
    8:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 4.5 ) at Dallas ( -4.5 ) —- T: 231.5
    9:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 2.5 ) at Utah ( -2.5 ) —- T: 210
    10:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 3 ) at Portland ( -3 ) —- T: 218.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

Blake is really throwing those elbows tonight. Got Giannis with one and then the official.

• captainwacky

Also, for Ty Jerome dude— idea was totally reasonable, guy is ok/aggressive… meaning he might get a look tomorrow :)

• NoLimits0

@captainwacky said...

I do get your point… but there has to be some follow up to it. I sure as hell don’t make my own projections or optimizers, and use one often and the other rarely. I didn’t have either of those guys, but fully get why they were projecting well and people played them. I don’t think there’s any big mystery to it.

Yea my point was trying to help people.

If you want to be a break even player on average (unless you are just really good but the average player isn’t) you HAVE to pay for an optimizer now. That’s really my point.

Almost 90% of people are using it. It’s like what this other guys said. There’s really no fun in DFS. You can do hours of research but you will end up playing someone who just clicks 2 buttons for a lineup in a few minutes. That’s really my point. Cash games are dead. You are a fool if you play cash and don’t use an optimizer.

There are a few exceptions like tonight like when some random guy is 30% owned who’s a G league player. But usually the optimizer works out great.

The average optimizer pick is going to be WAY better than the average non optimizer pick.

• Dfspacman

@Dfspacman said...

Is Playing both Rozier and Graham a good idea?
    Also thoughts on DJ Augustin

My thoughts earlier didn’t go with any of them smh

• Yeoman

@jcotdl said...

i am unclear of your argument. you are using an optimizer but don’t trust it? others are using an optimizer but they are at fault?

I think maybe the idea is to use the optimizer to find out what the chalk’s going to be so you can pivot off of it?

• NoLimits0

Like anyone who picked a backup Hawk over Redish or Galloway over Svi is probably actually a really good DFS player. Does that make sense captainwacky?

• NoLimits0

@jcotdl said...

i am unclear of your argument. you are using an optimizer but don’t trust it? others are using an optimizer but they are at fault?

Nope more like on average you must be paying for an optimizer especially in cash games. A few exceptions but average case if you aren’t using an optimizer in cash, you are screwed. That’s my point. Everyone’s using it you should too.

I’m just pointing out based on tonight’s ownership it’s clear everyone’s using one. The few exceptions I’m trying to go through in my double up to see if these top pros have them.

Edit when I say optimizer I mean an optimal projection system.

• Herf

I LOVE how Devonte Graham was only 2.94% owned in the $66 dollar contest.. he is killing it.

• Anton83

@Dfspacman said...

My thoughts earlier didn’t go with any of them smh

I read that and picked Graham and Rozier in 2 out of 6 lineups with everyone else playing later

• SkateFiend

@NoLimits0 said...

I don’t think people understand my point.

1. Terrence Ferguson is 3k and starting every game but never chosen

2. Mo Harkless is like min price and starting every game but never chosen.

3. Grant Williams is 3k and starting and like 0% owned in my double ups.

4. So why is Svi Mychaluk now 30% owned just because he’s starting?

My point was it’s from the optimizers.

You should also check Reddishs game log. He’s been like mid 3ks and starting for a long time now.

You can gain so much leverage by choosing a pivot off of him and Svi.

Again my optimizer chose them both is my point and I didn’t put them in manually. Which proves most people are using a similar optimizer to me.

The Hawks are missing two players, so people are chasing minutes. I don’t know why anyone would use Svi guy, he’s a total optimizer play.

This is why I prefer Yahoo over the other two sites. Reddish can’t be more than 11-12 bucks at Yahoo and at that price you can “punt” with someone like Melton or Satoransky. At the other sites Reddish is effectively bottom of the barrell and almost an obligatory pick in the right situations to play multiple studs. And at FD you have to fill out 4 guard positions.

• fresh56

who benefits the most with Bogdan Bogdanovic out?

• NoLimits0

@Yeoman said...

I think maybe the idea is to use the optimizer to find out what the chalk’s going to be so you can pivot off of it?

Yes my point. But you must be careful because most times the optimizer does give good results on average.

It’s tonight when it picks two players who might have a tough time in the G league at such higher ownerships that you can use that for your advantage.

Do you wanna know why Graham is so low owned (I have 10% of him and Rozier btw but not on same team undortuenly). It’s because of the two 3k players a lot of players skipped the mid range plays. That’s where it can help.

However the thing is most times optimizers are good and everyone’s using almost the same one in cash.

• jcotdl

@NoLimits0 said...

Everyone’s using it you should too.

that seems like a reason to switch gears. then again i do gpp, and not cash..

• NoLimits0

Isaac Bonga is the same case for yesterday that I described. No way most people know who he is.

• Ap1216

RG Overall Ranking

With bogdan out who gets some extra run and usage tonight?

• NoLimits0

@jcotdl said...

that seems like a reason to switch gears. then again i do gpp, and not cash..

In cash you must be using an optimizer.

In gpps it’s tricky. Read my above post. Usually they are good but you have to be good at identifying the bad ones. That’s the key. I still am not good at GPPs so hence I’m trying to learn and this helps me a lot learn about behavior of others.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #62

RG Tiered Ranking

@NoLimits0 said...

Dude you don’t get my point. Everyone has the same projections because the projection source is the same lol.

Only way to explain the ownership of these guys. No one comes up with their own projections except a few people.

I do my own projections and got 30% on FD and 60% on DK

• skankinmat

My Taureen Prince over 25 total points+rebounds+assists is looking like it might even get there in the 1st half

• Yeoman

@SkateFiend said...

The Hawks are missing two players, so people are chasing minutes. I don’t know why anyone would use Svi guy, he’s a total optimizer play.

I don’t see the difference. Svi’s getting double his normal minutes tonight and his price didn’t budge.

• raul214

noob here but the reason i went svi was due to his last 3 games at damn near min price so why not if hes gonna get more mins plus be in the starting line up

• sasmallen

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #50

RG Tiered Ranking

@NoLimits0 said...

Isaac Bonga is the same case for yesterday that I described. No way most people know who he is.

My God. Maybe a separate thread for this would allow you a bigger soapbox.

Always enjoyed this forum over the years… anybody know if there is a “ignore” feature?

• oaktwnraidr

Bam started off good….

• Calicapo

The Mack is weighing HEAVY in some of my better lineups

• Jeddy3

Tonight’s contestant to screw Jeddy’s lineup is: Spencer Dinwiddie COME ON DOWN!!

• NoLimits0

@sasmallen said...

My God. Maybe a separate thread for this would allow you a bigger soapbox.

Always enjoyed this forum over the years… anybody know if there is a “ignore” feature?

I’m actually trying to help people dude. You can ignore if you want.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.