7:30 PM EST : Washington ( -5 ) at Atlanta ( 5 ) —- T: 232
    7:30 PM EST : Okla City ( -7.5 ) at Brooklyn ( 7.5 ) —- T: 217.5
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 5 ) at Minnesota ( -5 ) —- T: 221.5
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 7.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -7.5 ) —- T: 227
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 1 ) at Memphis ( -1 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 6 ) at Toronto ( -6 ) —- T: 229.5
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 8.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -8.5 ) —- T: 223

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• zline34

@mtdurham said...

WorkmanH finished 6th in the $333 Money Ball Entry with a 347 to win $1,000.

Imagine if he hadn’t made such a fish play putting Michael Kidd-Gilchrist in that lineup.

I’d like to talk to the 9.5% of people who played Michael Kidd Gildchrist in a $600 buyin Mega 6th Man tournamenet tonight… with $100k on the line to first place you’d think those ~80 people would take their lineups more seriously.

How’d they even acquire the dough to enter a $600 tournament making such fish plays?

I mean I can see throwing him in the Quarter Arcade or something, but $600 is ridiculous for a guy whose most likely outcome is only 6-7x…with a 5x floor and a 10x ceiling

How you gonna call out MKG owners when you played Kemba Walker. That’s the biggest fish play of the slate. You don’t play PG’s against MN, that’s literally the only position that team can shut down consistently.

• mtdurham

@theIrrigator said...

If you told me there was a player that was starting, was only 4k, had a floor of 20 and ceiling 40, and his mostly like outcome was 24-28, I would consider him

lol, it was a bit tongue in cheek… i played a good bit of MKG… he was in 5 of my 6 full slate lineups, 2 of which cashed…that wasnt intentional.. i believe he was in 1-2 but after the scramble to upgrade to randle in every lineup and the subsequent scramble to upgrade to Bledsoe in every lineup i needed to save some salary and Otto Porter at SF in most lineups was a casualty.

I definitely didn’t go into today with MKG as a core play but he was a very comfortable pivot once I needed the salary savings.

At 1.1 FPS/min and elite peripheral upside with high double-double potential he was a relatively sneaky good play. Especially with a 108 point total against a team who has given up points at the PF position and the addition of Dario Saric who gave up a LOT of points in Philly as well at the PF spot…

The only real issue with MKG as a core play is that his best scoring potential comes in minutes at smallball center and that wasn’t as likely to happen with a guy the size of Towns out there

• chronoxiong

#1. Scores tonight would not have been inflated if the Nets would stop blowing their f*#ken leads. They blew a 23 point lead as Westbrook and PG-13 both crushed value with both of them leading the comeback trail and ended up winning. I’m sure had the Nets been able to keep pouring it on, it would have made the Thunder give up and PG-13 would have never hit 72 fdp.

#2. I kinda think had the Wizards been able to keep their blowout lead over the Hawks, scores wouldn’t be inflated too. But then again, I had Bazemore.

#3. Still can’t believe Jamal Murray got 49.8 fdp. Every time I play him, he rewards me with 24 fdp or something in that range.

Overall, I didn’t win tonight. I’m sad. Angry. Like scott33 said, maybe moving onto Yahoo is the best idea. At least people make their own unique lineups there. There’s no 15 lineup train that scored 388.1 in cash games in Yahoo.

• mtdurham

@zline34 said...

How you gonna call out MKG owners when you played Kemba Walker. That’s the biggest fish play of the slate. You don’t play PG’s against MN, that’s literally the only position that team can shut down consistently.

First of all, the MKG thing was a joke. I think he was a good play if you read the last 3 pages.

I don’t disagree that it wasn’t a great matchup for Kemba. But you’re talking about a guy who was recently listed at $9,900 who was $8,100 today… and Minnesota doesn’t shut down PG’s because Jeff Teague or Derrick Rose are good defenders.. They stink…

I played Kemba mostly for the same reasons I played Paul George…. HIs floor is in the ballpark of 40 FPS… you can absolutely see him going for 50…and he has a ceiling in the 60 range…. At a mere 5% ownership I’m okay with that play in a game I had projected as a shootout… I knew he would not be popular because he’s been a terrible play the last two weeks at elevated pricing…

Now in retrospect I think with Marvin out which affects spacing, Kemba battling a recently sprained ankle, refs generally screwing Kemba on the road, and Kemba’s propensity to catch fire from 3’s more often at home than on the road….and more importantly so much value opening up at point guard this evening… I would not play him again in that exact spot tomorrow.

The matchup was clearly not elite, but kemba also doesn’t have to compete for usage as heavily as Paul George

And I’m a Hornets fan and he’s my favorite player…. kemba finds his way into a lot of my lineups….

• scott33

Boban had 19 & 8 in 13 minutes? Lmfao what a monster

• mtdurham

@scott33 said...

yeah it’s uncanny the stats he produces in such a short time on the court…. those putbacks are just so valuable in DFS

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

So, I should probably ask GG this, but question for you all. Should I scalp my Bucks vs Golden State Tickets for Friday, or should I go to the game?

You can’t be serious.

• miggs6876

@scott33 said...

FD is such a joke, please do something about the same people playing identical lineups every night! I can go thru the 50/50s posted in the lobby right now & tell u which people will have the same exact lineups as each other tomorrow. A 346.1 lost 4 of 7 50/50s tonight yet won more than min cash in the Fadeaway. Why? Bc there are 4 or 5 large groups of people in cash that play the same identical lineups every night. It’s just tilting that these people put zero work into their lineups each night while I & others do. I just wanna be on a level playing field that’s all. Seriously about to cancel my FD account & just go to Yahoo full time where it’s less prevalent in the lower dollar cash games (though I have seen it’s a problem in the higher money cash games). This lineup buying crap is ruining DFS for me & many others. Again I had a good night on Yahoo where I saw zero identical lineups in my 10-20 man 50/50s. Playing against people who are making their own lineups is refreshing. FD’s like that girl you’ve been with for years that u know will never change, yet u stay with her hoping things will go back to the way they used to be instead of moving on to better things. All the people out there paying for lineups can go right to hell. And this drop the lowest score is the dumbest idea ever. Rant over I feel better now.

I always enjoy and respect your posts. First off, 346 is quite impressive and I’d be pissed about the lack of winning. The rest of the post I kind of disagree with. People are free to buy their lineups. What makes you think they have the advantage over you or I? If they buy a crappy lineups you may have the advantage over them. It cuts both ways.

Lastly, I love the drop your lowest score format. I am 1-3 lineup entry each night. With do few lineups, the new format allows me to take more risk which is often needed to differiante and win bigger.

Just my 2 cents.

• miggs6876

@mtdurham said...

It isn’t about KNOWING a guy is going to go off. It’s about assembling a core of undervalued players then surrounding them with combinations of guys who have upside remaining at their current price…

I mean Julius Randle at $7k with Niko out is undervalued…. he’s a no brainer for a core this evening…. depending on your feelings on Satoransky/Rivers both of them made a lot of sense for your core with wall out… murray/bledsoe made a lot of sense with their usage bump… bazemore made a lot of sense with his minutes potential in a great matchup..john collins had a low price and elite matchup… .others like MKG, Stanley Johnson, and JJ Barea all made sense as a core because a floor game for them was around 5x… so if they hit their floor they dont blow up your evening…you can still cash those lineups…but if they take advantage of their minutes spike that evening due to injury and hit their ceiling you are in business… you can even finish amongst the leaders in a GPP with one of those guys going for a disappointing 5x-6x…

If you get in the habit of making expensive guys or super sleepers part of your core you will find yourself complaining when they bust or achieve their most likely ~5x scenario which is not good enough to help you cash…

then you figure out a couple guys like Paul George who have great matchups at exceedingly fair prices. I mean he’s 8k and his floor is basically 40… you can easily see him going for 50 against brooklyn… with a ~60 pt type ceiling…. so there’s plenty of meat on the bone there…. then occasionally you get lucky he smashes for 77… that part you can’t really predict… but was Paul George at $8300 vs Brooklyn a great play? Yes. That’s not hindsight he just was…

Would i make him a core play? Probably not because I’m typically looking for guys who are definitively undervalued at their price and that evening’s situation… if you make Paul George a core play and he goes for 44… thats a big problem… now your core is already behind the 8 ball.

If you’re familiar with the Core – Satellite strategy in Portfolio Management that’s a great way to think about building your lineups.

Now that’s a solid post.

• miggs6876

@mtdurham said...

It was the wildest DFS slate ive ever seen… not that ive been playing that long… but seemingly EVERYONE was smashing…

$100k main event was won by a guy who gamestacked the Wash/ATL game. He correctly identified the vaccum created by Wall being out and stacked Beal with 2 punts Rivers/Satoransky…then ran it back with Kent Bazemore who was a late insert into the starting lineup…

He took advantage of the wildly undervalued Julius Randle after Niko was ruled out.

He stabbed with Lonzo against a Spurs Defense that is reeling and got a decent 7x….

Then hit yahtzee with the Towns vs Charlotte and Paul George vs Brooklyn..both two excellent matchups at fair prices… obviously he was a bit lucky to get 150 FPS out of the pairing but to win a 10 game slate it always takes some luck…

And often a great gamestack.

I had Santo with Baze and Beal. The rest of my roster shit the bed. Loved Randle but didn’t hear about Mirotic being out until it was too late. So paid up for Embid. The worst I’ve seen him play. It was frustrating to watch. Paired him with Lowry, Covo, and Morris. Bunch of swings and misses. I’m starting really dislike Lowry. He burns me so much.

• jcrebs

The best thing for me last night was that my DK single line up., 307.75 pts, only cost me $12.00. Now I am up early because our elderly cat threw up and urinated all over our bed, so I can start working on how to lose today.

• scott33

@miggs6876 said...

I always enjoy and respect your posts. First off, 346 is quite impressive and I’d be pissed about the lack of winning. The rest of the post I kind of disagree with. People are free to buy their lineups. What makes you think they have the advantage over you or I? If they buy a crappy lineups you may have the advantage over them. It cuts both ways.

Lastly, I love the drop your lowest score format. I am 1-3 lineup entry each night. With do few lineups, the new format allows me to take more risk which is often needed to differiante and win bigger.

Just my 2 cents.

80% of the time, they have very, very solid lineups. I agree it works both ways, there’s nights where the chalk doesn’t hit & it puts me way ahead of the field like Tuesday night. But nights like last night, had each of those individuals made their own lineups I feel I cash easily in all of those contests. I was tilted when I made the post, I’m over it. It’s simply part of the DFS culture now & the sites clearly aren’t going to do anything bout it. Smartest thing I can do is stay away from cash games on FD & just play GPPs there. And move my cash game action to sites where lineup buying/selling/sharing is less prevalent. The drop the low score definitely allows us to take more risks, & it’s helped me more than it’s hurt me so far. Idk, I just like the old format more I guess bc I played there since FD’s inception & was fine with the way it was.

• miggs6876

@scott33 said...

80% of the time, they have very, very solid lineups. I agree it works both ways, there’s nights where the chalk doesn’t hit & it puts me way ahead of the field like Tuesday night. But nights like last night, had each of those individuals made their own lineups I feel I cash easily in all of those contests. I was tilted when I made the post, I’m over it. It’s simply part of the DFS culture now & the sites clearly aren’t going to do anything bout it. Smartest thing I can do is stay away from cash games on FD & just play GPPs there. And move my cash game action to sites where lineup buying/selling/sharing is less prevalent. The drop the low score definitely allows us to take more risks, & it’s helped me more than it’s hurt me so far. Idk, I just like the old format more I guess bc I played there since FD’s inception & was fine with the way it was.

Fair enough. To be honest, I have only played fan duel. I do wish fd would add a flex position. They did it in football. Not sure how difficult it would be to do in basketball. Just here some of the dk players talking about fostering 2 c.

• scott33

@miggs6876 said...

Fair enough. To be honest, I have only played fan duel. I do wish fd would add a flex position. They did it in football. Not sure how difficult it would be to do in basketball. Just here some of the dk players talking about fostering 2 c.

I just started playing Yahoo again the last week & have absolutely LOVED it. Very refreshing having a utility spot, a lot of flexibility in roster construction. Yeah I almost always play 2 C’s there which is nice. Really wish FD would add a flex/utility position as well.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Good thing I stuck with tiers last night. Cashed 2/4 to break even. Can’t imagine I would have cashed in any salaried contest last night.

For me it’s now about “finding the right slate” to play classic. I need like a 4-6 game slate with minimal studs (basically Tuesday’s situation lol). That was a bit of an anomaly with the Suns lineup but not chasing them (besides Jackson) allowed me to cash nicely.

• CJtheGrump

Well, I managed to dodge a few bullets but ended up with a nice night. Got a scare from AD, and I was really thinking about playing Ingram to get exposure to the late game. I ended up fading that one altogether and it turned out to be a good move, Hit my double up and managed 3x in the quarter arcade. FWIW, I didn’t have Westbrook or George in those lineups, but if I used George, my mindset was leading me to Embiid, which would have been a disaster at his price.

I also I tried a tier contest last night for the first time. Ended up with a 9x win (2.25 on .25 entry) I had Westbrook, LeBron, Holiday, George, Randall, and Porter. Pivoted to Randle and Holiday on the Mirotic news. It reminded me a little of MMA – where the pool is rather small.

• jjpk

What a night. Posted 330 and 315 on DK (also a 201 — ouch), and it was only good enough to turn $9 into $11 up in the $3 3-entry max. Had LBJ and PG13 in the same LU but got stung by Frank the Tank.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@scott33 said...

I put him and Batum on my low ball team

• toast

@scott33 said...

I just started playing Yahoo again the last week & have absolutely LOVED it. Very refreshing having a utility spot, a lot of flexibility in roster construction. Yeah I almost always play 2 C’s there which is nice. Really wish FD would add a flex/utility position as well.

As someone who plays casually on FD in 50-50s, my frustration comes in seeing so many identical lineups on a slate with so many games. Is your feeling that these are duplicate accounts or separate accounts buying the same lineup? It’s something that just really stood out last night with so many duplicate lineups. It seems too odd that so many unique people would buy or create the same lineup.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).