7:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 6 ) at Orlando ( -6 ) —- T: 217
    7:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 9 ) at Boston ( -9 ) —- T: 202.5
    7:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 3 ) at New York ( -3 ) —- T: 197
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 4 ) at Milwaukee ( -4 ) —- T: 205
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 4.5 ) at New Orleans ( -4.5 ) —- T: 218.5
    8:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -5 ) at Charlotte ( 5 ) —- T: 219.5
    8:30 PM EST : Miami ( 7.5 ) at San Antonio ( -7.5 ) —- T: 197.5
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( -5.5 ) at LA Clippers ( 5.5 ) —- T: 213.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• chronoxiong

@Lathum said...

I literally make money on yahoo to then lose on FanDuel.

So are you telling me I must migrate to Yahoo then? Because I am sick and tired of donating money to NBA on FD now.

• KindGuy

@tmarohl said...

No offense, but you seem to hate all the players that have high score potential. I only hate Lebron. You hate Giannis, Westbrook, McCollum, Beal, Boogie, Durant, etc. :) For what it is worth, I hate all GS Warriors, including Durant, unless one or more of the Big 4 are out.

You got it wrong. I don’t “hate” any player like you hate Lebron. But I do think a bunch of them are overrated and for some, that means they’re on my do not play list. Of the players you mentioned, Giannis, MCCollum and Durant are the ones on my do not play list.

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

So are you telling me I must migrate to Yahoo then? Because I am sick and tired of donating money to NBA on FD now.

Do me a favor. If you must play cash games. Do like a $5 one every night, and also enter that lineup in a $5 GPP. Do that for like 14 days in a row. I bet you at the end of two weeks, you will have a higher ROI on your GPP’s than you do on your cash games. That is because I have confidence that at least once during that two week period you will place high enough in a GPP to make back all of your losses, even if only 1 of 14 hits.

• KindGuy

Sigh. Put up 280. Cash line was 294.75.

Need to change things up asap.

• Alphamed

Was underweight on Boogie and Zbo lol .. had way to much Tyreke Evans and Faried. Still made a little money back, crazy ass night either way with the amount of dudes that just went off

• Lathum

@chronoxiong said...

Yahoo is way softer and they are really slow to adjust their pricing. You won’t win huge money but if your willing to spend money there is profit to be made. I love their $25 1k tournament. 46 entries, too 10 pay. First is $250. It’s not hard to cash. Plus they have beginner tournaments that are really soft.

• tmarohl

@elementasrat said...

You got it wrong. I don’t “hate” any player like you hate Lebron. But I do think a bunch of them are overrated and for some, that means they’re on my do not play list. Of the players you mentioned, Giannis, MCCollum and Durant are the ones on my do not play list.

Why would those guys be on your DNP list? I hate Lebron, but I still play him when it makes sense. There are situations where it makes sense to play everybody. Like I told you in the past, I think the three worst players in the NBA are Rodney Hood, Kent Bazemore and J.R. Smith. I will play those guys in the right matchups at the right price. I’m not playing Giannis in a slow pace game when he is priced at 12K. I am playing him against a faster pace team when his price is below 11K. The primary reason I don’t like to play Lebron, unless absolutely a no brainer, is the fact that he is generally very highly owned, and for the most part, does not have the potential to smash. Yeah, he had an outlier 80 point game or something earlier this year, but for the most part, he is a highly owned guy that generally just returns value. Does not make sense to play him most nights unless it is a short slate.

• tmarohl

@elementasrat said...

I did three lineups on DK, basically with little research, as I was out of town all day. Put together some lineups at 7 am before I left my hotel. Lineup 1 was 309.5, lineup 2, which didn’t cash, was 287, lineup 3 was 303.75.

• Lathum

@elementasrat said...

You just hate money. Having an actual do not play list is incredibly stupid. If a guy is in a good spot make the decision to play him. The results are secondary. You make the correct decision consistently the results will come. Running one lineup and fading both KD and boogie tonight is a dreadful decision.

• tmarohl

@elementasrat said...

Your DK strategy is all wrong anyway. It totally differs from FD. On DK if you want to cash consistently, you want to figure out a way to cram in the two top scorers of the night, find three guys who will hit 5.5 – 6X value in the mid tier, and then find three low price scrubs that will hit between 7 – 10 times value. You do that, you will cash. Even if you miss on one of the scrubs, you still will usually cash, because the scrubs don’t hurt you that bad if they don’t hit value. That means playing overpriced Westbrook or Harden on most nights. That means paying about 20 – 22K for two guys, about 15 for your next three guys, and four scrubs for 4K or less.

• depalma13

Well, I got lucky tonight.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/50570928?uc=947356582

• alederer

Anyone know anything about euro league ball?

• Alphamed

@depalma13 said...

Congrats!

• depalma13

@Alphamed said...

Congrats!

Thanks! It’s official! I just got paid! Going to be a Merry Christmas this year!

• chronoxiong

@tmarohl said...

Do me a favor. If you must play cash games. Do like a $5 one every night, and also enter that lineup in a $5 GPP. Do that for like 14 days in a row. I bet you at the end of two weeks, you will have a higher ROI on your GPP’s than you do on your cash games. That is because I have confidence that at least once during that two week period you will place high enough in a GPP to make back all of your losses, even if only 1 of 14 hits.

Dude, I put my cash lineup into my GPPs. I just keep making mistakes or fading certain guys you need to cash. However, I am too scared to enter the $5 GPP due to how much I keep losing on this shit due to my errors. It’s very frustrating.

• mattapan

Anyone know why the .25 cent tournament is still listed as live on Fanduel? Fanduel has still not closed the tournament and put the winnings in my account yet.

• mattapan

Nevermind, it just closed up.

• Falconsfly

Have to give a shoutout to Dirks Digglerz and a bunch of other people on here (Can’t remember names) I’m still in the DFS football mode but came on here last night to start up w nba and your recommendations were spot on. Does anyone know what 303.75 would have made in a single entry small $1 gpp? I only did a h2h w a friend and by the time I wanted to enter it into a real one, they were full. Thanks guys

• Falconsfly

@Falconsfly said...

Have to give a shoutout to Dirks Digglerz and a bunch of other people on here (Can’t remember names) I’m still in the DFS football mode but came on here last night to start up w nba and your recommendations were spot on. Does anyone know what 303.75 would have made in a single entry small $1 gpp? I only did a h2h w a friend and by the time I wanted to enter it into a real one, they were full. Thanks guys

DK by the way

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@Falconsfly said...

DK by the way

You can always find daily tournament links at the top of the forum as a sticky post.

It provides links to the biggest tournaments across the industry.

Here’s the one up there now: https://rotogrinders.com/threads/daily-fantasy-tournament-links-12-4-12-6-2234665

• crazypaul

@DirkDigglerz said...

ZBo owners got lucky tbh. They where blown out in the 1st quarter

Did you watch the game? The Cavs were losing by 9 at halftime…

• tmarohl

@depalma13 said...

Congratulations!

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

Dude, I put my cash lineup into my GPPs. I just keep making mistakes or fading certain guys you need to cash. However, I am too scared to enter the $5 GPP due to how much I keep losing on this shit due to my errors. It’s very frustrating.

Do the 25 cent ones

• Njsum1

@chronoxiong said...

Cash games are a fricken joke now! You needed about 340-351 on FD to even sniff the cash line. Looking at the Dribbler, Swat and Shot GPPs, you needed 329-335 to cash. What the eff is going on out there? I am sick of this! Must I really migrate to Yahoo to play DFS now? I keep hearing it’s nowhere like how it has been on FD for the last few years now. You can win on that site. I miss having an edge! I miss still being able to win even if I picked a dud. Now it’s like, “Oh you are fading this chalky guy tonight? Good luck trying to win!” type of thing now. It’s sickening!

I rarely play cash games, yet you’re using a one night sample size for your argument. I looked at your profile and you’ve been member here since 2013, so I’m surprised you don’t know that when the chalk hits, the double up cash lines will be higher than the min cash line in GPPs. On nights when every piece of chalk doesn’t hit the double up and 50/50 lines will be lower than the tourney cash lines. Other than DFS in general getting more difficult, this occurrence is nothing new on nights when the chalk hits.

• Dakotasbest

Scored 310 without Durant, cousins, vucevic, and I had collison. I really feel like I missed my one shot to be at the top damnit.
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that contributes to this site. I love getting on here and reading different thought processes.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).