NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : New York ( 12.5 ) at Boston ( -12.5 ) —- T: 218
    10:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 14 ) at Portland ( -14 ) —- T: 216.5
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( 2 ) at Utah ( -2 ) —- T: 215.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Se7entyTimes7

Lebron wants melo to go l.a.

• mtdurham

@AVivier said...

I wouldn’t call this a blowout, Rockets pbly still win this.

I don’t know. When you look at the matchup The Gobert ejection probably helps the Jazz tonight because without him the Rockets kinda have to bench Capela and play some really sub-optimal lineups with their terrible bench.

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

Pretty much all of my DK lineups are dead because of Gobert. The reason you play him is because he has been crushing lately, Capela is a bad defender, this was supposed to be the only close game of the night, etc.

He was clearly playable and on paper a solid pick. I just couldn’t afford his price on fd. He was upper 9k.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@miggs6876 said...

He was clearly playable and on paper a solid pick. I just couldn’t afford his price on fd. He was upper 9k.

On a three game slate, sure, but Gobert has had zero success against Capela. At his price, you want fewer than 40 fantasy points? I don’t.

• mtdurham

@cdub6238 said...

I’m sure your 93% cp3 and Mitchell lineups are crushing right now

I wouldn’t say most are “crushing” but I would say many are “cashing”….

Chris Paul is probably loses the most FPS with the Gobert ejection…. and Favors gains the most who i have 0% of… i would have much rather Gobert bust with his most likely outcome of 32-40 FPS then have him get ejected…

Gobert lineups were mostly dead tonight anyway before the game started due to the Vonleh/Horford smash.

• kbsktbll88

@kbsktbll88 said...

Well I’m fading Portland completely. Also fading Harden.

Somehow I avoided a lot of chalk busts (Lillard, Nurk, Harden, etc) and my lineups still suck.

• cdub6238

Why exactly were the Knicks committed to losing with Kanter… It seems it was the other way around..

No, he’s not great defensively bit he helped keep them in the game even with the backups playing like trae young’s chart tonight…

They were down by 12 late, and fizdip didn’t put starters back in and led to the final outcome

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@kbsktbll88 said...

Somehow I avoided a lot of chalk busts (Lillard, Nurk, Harden, etc) and my lineups still suck.

How are those “chalk busts?” It’s a three game slate. Lillard and Nurkic look to be in the winning lineup (in my single entry tournament, that is).

• kbsktbll88

@Epignosis said...

How are those “chalk busts?” It’s a three game slate. Lillard and Nurkic look to be in the winning lineup (in my single entry tournament, that is).

Well yeah, I meant relative to their salaries. But tonight because there are so many busts it doesn’t even matter. Obviously though Nurkic at 4.2x and Lillard at 4.6x isn’t actually good.

edit: and Nurkic likely won’t be in the winning lineup in the big GPP on DK anyways.

• mtdurham

@cdub6238 said...

No, he’s not great defensively

Well that might be the issue

• mtdurham

@Epignosis said...

Yeah in a 3 game slate where the winning lineup might only cost $46,400 because of all the blowouts, value, and egregious pricing of a lot of midprice guys….

This is a slate where multipliers really didn’t matter much and the “raw points” mantra actually made sense

You know unless you played jake layman like a genius

• kbsktbll88

Melton garbage time buckets

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@kbsktbll88 said...

Well yeah, I meant relative to their salaries. But tonight because there are so many busts it doesn’t even matter. Obviously though Nurkic at 4.2x and Lillard at 4.6x isn’t actually good.

edit: and Nurkic likely won’t be in the winning lineup in the big GPP on DK anyways.

I think the Nurkic matter will depend upon Capela. I’m hoping he gets going big time because I have both (and Horford and Holmes).

• muglore

@mtdurham said...

Yeah in a 3 game slate where the winning lineup might only cost $46,400 because of all the blowouts, value, and egregious pricing of a lot of midprice guys….

This is a slate where multipliers really didn’t matter much and the “raw points” mantra actually made sense

What are “raw points”? Points w/o a condom?

• hanezg

These Tuesday/Thursday slates in NBA have been hot garbage. Glad I played light tonight. Let’s all crush tomorrow.

Faded NYK/BOS except for Horford. Fade Lill. So far so good.. have Mitchell/Harden/Ingles across the board. BOTH fn super dud? Plus the Gobert ejection.. hard to believe the stars align in my favor and my guys all super dud. Include Holmes, Korver, Paul who I had on many.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@mtdurham said...

The “raw points” mantra always makes sense. That’s why I frequently laugh at it. It’s simple:

The person who puts together the lineup with the most RAW POINTS wins first place. Every single night that is true.

I don’t know why the size of the slate should make people think differently. You always want the most number of points from your players regardless of the salary. That is always true every day.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

But hey, check this out…

1-4 on the road.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

Atta boy Clint. Keep going.

And the Fn game is over.. Jazz by 32?! How can it be….

• loutheitalian

now tomorr ow you have to figure out what Miami scrub goes for 10x vs. this g league suns team

• Njsum1

@Njsum1 said...

I’ll one up you here.

I can already see it @12 am est when everyone is like, “unreal…the game with the 2 point spread is the only one blowing out.” 😁🥓🍔

Hate to quote myself from 7 hours ago….but….pretty darn close 😎…haha

• kbsktbll88

WOAT game by CP3 and Mitchell. I’m about 10 points out of the cash line with them 2 and Ingles left. Ingles has more than both of them combined lol

• kbsktbll88

@loutheitalian said...

now tomorr ow you have to figure out what Miami scrub goes for 10x vs. this g league suns team

Whiteside is out… Bam mega chalk tomorrow.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

Houston has 54 near the end of the third.

That’s bad.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler