NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : New York ( 12.5 ) at Boston ( -12.5 ) —- T: 218
    10:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 14 ) at Portland ( -14 ) —- T: 216.5
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( 2 ) at Utah ( -2 ) —- T: 215.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• damionismyname

• Ranked #91

RG Tiered Ranking

@mtdurham said...

fair enough…i can get behind having Gobert in 10% of your lineups…that sounds about right as on a small, somewhat crazy slate its definitely not impossible he’s in the winning lineup.

it’s just frustrating to hear people whine about guys busting night after night when they make a bad play… gobert was one of the worst plays on the slate…

and him getting ejected didnt ruin your night if you had him because your lineups were likely ruined anyway especially after horford/vonleh crushed, nurkic had potential to, etc……it ruined the people who didnt play favors…it ruined the people who played mitchell…it ruined the people who had chris paul….it ruined the people who didnt have ingles..it ruined the people who played capela…etc…

Gobert’s ejection did a TON of collateral damage to people who were sharp enough to dodge the Gobert landmine tonight… i mean the guys most likely outcome in that scenario is barely 4x…. so i guess it just rubs me the wrong way when people gripe about how gobert’s ejection cost them….they dont know the half of it…

DFS just reminds me of poker and all the losers whining after every hand… OMG i folded a 5 last hand…. now two 5’s come on the flop… yeah cause you dont have a 5 in your hand…this way there are more of them in the deck

Last night you needed 402 to win $100k and everyone whines that its too high scoring….. tonight you needed 298 to win and “its a crap slate”…. its the same as the people that whine about folding Ace King after the flop when they brick… lets worry about getting better… take the opportunity to learn from bad plays

Ayton sucks, Gobert was a bad play, every night you come on here stating why plays were bad. Give us your worst play? I’m sure it was wayyyy worse than Gobert for sure. Tomorrow it will be how great of a play Delladova was because we know he’s a Sagittarius and they play good during full moons right? Once again we get Mr. Hinde in here with this blah blah blah blah blah….

• emoney1214

Is there a way to hide a certain person’s posts?

• cdub6238

Wait, did I just read that Gobert being ejected.. Effected the output of cp3 and Mitchell? What in the world…

• gaelicgirl

I didn’t even play this slate, but I’m livid over what the refs did to Gobert last night. That’s pure, unadulterated BS and Snyder should file a protest. Rudy was just fined for criticizing the refs after the MIA game, but Courtney Kirkland – the WORST ref in the entire league – wanted to punish him further and let everyone else know that criticism of the refs will not be tolerated.
    Kirkland is the jerk who walked forward into Shaun Livingston’s head last season as Shaun was bent down to talk to him and then ejected him for making contact with an official. And he pulled more of the same BS tonight with that egregious foul call on the jump. Then that quick second foul by the other ref on the Harden flop, more BS.
    I don’t blame Gobert for being pissed, but I wish he’d just punched Kirkland in the face instead of tossing the water cups. These refs really need to get over themselves, they’re ruining the game with their overinflated sense of importance. It’s outrageous that they get away with this kind of behavior.

• scott33

@gaelicgirl said...

I didn’t even play this slate, but I’m livid over what the refs did to Gobert last night. That’s pure, unadulterated BS and Snyder should file a protest. Rudy was just fined for criticizing the refs after the MIA game, but Courtney Kirkland – the WORST ref in the entire league – wanted to punish him further and let everyone else know that criticism of the refs will not be tolerated.
    Kirkland is the jerk who walked forward into Shaun Livingston head last season as Shaun was bending down to talk to him and then ejected him for making contact with an official. And he pulled more of the same BS tonight with that egregious foul call on the jump. Then that quick second foul by the other ref on the Harden flop, more BS.
    I don’t blame Gobert for being pissed, but I wish he’d just punched Kirkland in the face instead of tossing the water cups. These refs really need to get over themselves, they’re ruining the game with their overinflated sense of importance. It’s outrageous that they get away with this kind of behavior.

Kirkland definitely had an agenda going into the game, though I’m glad Gobert didn’t break his face as that likely would have got him suspended for the year or probably kicked out of the league. I see what you’re saying tho GG :) Do the Warriors win tomorrow in Milwaukee after getting embarrassed last time they played? Who u playing from that game?

• scott33

Blake has killed Philly this year, he’s averaging 70 in 2 games.

• gaelicgirl

@scott33 said...

Kirkland definitely had an agenda going into the game, though I’m glad Gobert didn’t break his face as that likely would have got him suspended for the year or probably kicked out of the league. I see what you’re saying tho GG :) Do the Warriors win tomorrow in Milwaukee after getting embarrassed last time they played? Who u playing from that game?

You’re right, it would’ve been crazy to punch him in the face, even though that’s what he deserved. I hate that guy.
    I don’t know if the Warriors can win without Draymond tomorrow, the young guys they’re playing at center just don’t have enough experience to go up against really good teams. Looney is the best they’ve got right now, but he still picks up a lot of fouls and you know how well the Bucks defend the paint. Against lesser teams like the Hawks they can win by just outscoring them, even with a compromised defense.
    That being said, I do expect the Warriors to put up a fight and try to win. Should be a good game for DFS purposes, at any rate. I’m going to go with Steph and KD for sure, but will wait until FD rolls out the smaller slates to enter as I don’t touch 10-game slates.

• Benf15harp

@gaelicgirl said...

You’re right, it would’ve been crazy to punch him in the face, even though that’s what he deserved. I hate that guy.
    I don’t know if the Warriors can win without Draymond tomorrow, the young guys they’re playing at center just don’t have enough experience to go up against really good teams. Looney is the best they’ve got right now, but he still picks up a lot of fouls and you know how well the Bucks defend the paint. Against lesser teams like the Hawks they can win by just outscoring them, even with a compromised defense.
    That being said, I do expect the Warriors to put up a fight and try to win. Should be a good game for DFS purposes, at any rate. I’m going to go with Steph and KD for sure, but will wait until FD rolls out the smaller slates to enter as I don’t touch 10-game slates.

LoL

• CJtheGrump

So I think 317 DK was the highest possible score from last night. The top 8 players all fit comfortably under the cap and it was possible to put them all in the same lineup.

What a garbage slate this turned out to be. If would have managed to avoid Gobert I might have cashed with like 210.

• CJtheGrump

@gaelicgirl said...

Kirkland is the jerk who walked forward into Shaun Livingston’s head last season as Shaun was bent down to talk to him and then ejected him for making contact with an official. And he pulled more of the same BS tonight with that egregious foul call on the jump. Then that quick second foul by the other ref on the Harden flop, more BS.

Someone on Twitter said “I try really hard to avoid blaming the officials, but NBA officiating is the worst”. To my knowledge, only the NBA has had an actual proven example of a referee on the take (Tim Donaghy)

• Agent47

Needed 10 more points from CP3 to win the Daily Dollar on DK. Finished in 13th for $30. Had Favors, Vonleh, Kyrie, Horford, Lillard…None of the 12 guys ahead of me had CP3, and he had maybe 14-15 DKpts in the 1st Q and did basically nothing after that along with the rest of the team. Oh well. Still needed it after a couple of rough nights earlier in the week.

People hit 400+ on D K already.. feel I’m doin well in the low 300s w people remaining.. And one of these nights I will be that guy. When my 350s are on top.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler