7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( -3.5 ) at Cleveland ( 3.5 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 2.5 ) at Okla City ( -2.5 ) —- T: 221
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Miami ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 5 ) at Chicago ( -5 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 3.5 ) at Boston ( -3.5 ) —- T: 203
    8:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 3.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -3.5 ) —- T: 232
    8:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 0 ) at San Antonio ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -3.5 ) at Portland ( 3.5 ) —- T: 221.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• bangthedrummond

@realphipps said...

Nunn has been a letdown lately, but in a massive pace-up game, facing an exhausted and depleted team, and a defense that doesn’t even consider guarding the 3pt line.

This is a potential blowup spot for a guy nobody is going to be on.

I’ve got Nunn in my placeholders expecting Winslow to sit. Love all the Heat tonight, much like we all do I’m sure. Winslow would complicate it a little, maybe just plug him and Bam in if he plays.

I don’t actually play Drummond a lot, but I think I want to lock in his floor tonight. Don’t see much else I like at Center on FD outside of taking a shot on Brook Lopez. Then I went and looked at his last outing vs. the Clips and of course he had a ceiling game. Might make him a popular choice tonight.

• johnnyjakes

and its BASEL WEEKEND in MIA, you know what that means…

• JSteele

Jokic put up 60+ against Boston last game. It’s the perfect pace down spot.

• Njsum1

@ripking said...

I think everyone will be on Nunn if if winslow is out. No one is talking about old man Trevor Ariza.

That is a boatload of run for the price. If Bagley and Bogdan miss, he should see 30 minutes. Don’t know about 35 again. But yeah, solid cap saver…imo…not much upside but another 26 DK isn’t out of the question.

• JSteele

@bangthedrummond said...

I’ve got Nunn in my placeholders expecting Winslow to sit. Love all the Heat tonight, much like we all do I’m sure. Winslow would complicate it a little, maybe just plug him and Bam in if he plays.

I don’t actually play Drummond a lot, but I think I want to lock in his floor tonight. Don’t see much else I like at Center on FD outside of taking a shot on Brook Lopez. Then I went and looked at his last outing vs. the Clips and of course he had a ceiling game. Might make him a popular choice tonight.

How do you feel about DeAndre Jordan against Charlotte? Early projections have him at around 2%. Outside of the last game, he’s been splitting minutes with Allen fairly evenly.

• johnnyjakes

KAT and Wiggins GTD tonight…. oh boy…. GORGEOUS DONG TIME

• miggs6876

Lonnie Walker is the free square tonight. Joker put up 60 plus fps last time he played Boston. Holmes is a solid play. Schoder is.nice value. AD is pretty cheap at 10.7k. Model likes CP3 but I don’t like his upside for GPP. It’s tough to fade Gannis but I want too. Kemba still a nice price at 8.1k. Jayden Brown too. CJ (7k is too cheap) always on my radar when blazers are home but Laker D is pretty solid.

Sorry just thinking out loud.

• tmarohl

@JSteele said...

Different team, Ibaka and Gasol are better protecting the rim than Ivica Zubac or Harrell. Plus Giannis still went over 60 twice in the playoffs.

These were the actual stats

Game 1 – 24 points, 14 rebounds, 6 Assists, 2 steals, 3 blocks, 5 Turnovers = 61.8 FD Points.
    Game 2 – 30 points, 17 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks, 4 turnovers = 62.9 FD Points
    Game 3 – 12 points, 23 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal, 4 blocks, – 8 turnovers = 57.1 FD Points
    Game 4 – 25 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, 3 blocks, – 4 turnovers = 52.5
    Game 5 – 24 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 0 steals, 1 block, 2 turnovers = 41.2 FD points
    Game 6 – 21 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 3 blocks, 2 turnovers = 53.2 FD points.

• JSteele

@miggs6876 said...

Lonnie Walker is thw free square tonight. Joker put up 60 plus fps last time he played Boston. Holmes is a solid play. Schoder is.nice value. AD is pretty cheap at 10.7k. Model likes CP3 but I don’t likw his upside for GPP. It’s tough to fade Gannis but I want too. Kemba still a nice price at 8.1k. Jayden Brown too. CJ (7k is too cheap) always on my radar when blazers are home but Laker D is pretty solid.

Sorry just thinking out loud.

Lonnie Walker is only in play if Aldridge is out again. I like Joker, especially after another dud, Holmes is better if LMA is out as well, I’d probably lean Poeltl though. I like Schroder, I like AD but I don’t feel the upside is there as long as LeBron is in. I agree with you on CP3, I stand by my words with Giannis, I think he’s great today. Smart is expected to play, so that rules Boston guys out for me. I don’t like targeting the Lakers, but CJ is decent.

• tmarohl

@JSteele said...

Jokic put up 60+ against Boston last game. It’s the perfect pace down spot.

I posted last night, that tonight may be one of the exceptions to the Joker rules. This checks all the boxes of a game he should perform well in.
    1) Slow Pace
    2) Low Spread
    3) Price at season low
    4) His only good game from a fantasy perspective this season came about three weeks ago against Boston in something like a 98-92 game.

• JSteele

@tmarohl said...

4) His only good game from a fantasy perspective this season came about three weeks ago against Boston in something like a 98-92 game.

He put up a similar score line in a game against Phoenix when they were playing slow at the beginning of the year.

• yisman

@johnnyjakes said...

KAT and Wiggins GTD tonight…. oh boy…. GORGEOUS DONG TIME

and it doesn’t say why

did they both come down with the flu?

Doesn’t say ‘illness’, just GTD

• JSteele

@yisman said...

and it doesn’t say why

KAT has a knee and Wiggins has a Thumb

• queensfinest

@yisman said...

and it doesn’t say why

wiggins thumb sprain and towns knee injury

• jessedio

😭😭😭 so funny pace down games are good for Joker.

• JSteele

@jessedio said...

😭😭😭 so funny pace down games are good for Joker.

It’s cuz he can get back on defense and grab more boards and do more defensively when the opponent sets up a half court offense.

If its a fast break, someone like Barton or Murray can get back faster.

• tmarohl

So if the Bucks Clippers game is played at a pace like the Bucks Vs Toronto playoff series, a slower half court game, I would not like Giannis at the current price points. If the game is played at the pace that the line projects, with 232 points, I like Giannis to pay off that price tag and more.

• jessedio

@JSteele said...

It’s cuz he can get back on defense and grab more boards and do more defensively when the opponent sets up a half court offense.

If its a fast break, someone like Barton or Murray can get back faster.

Oh Yeah I agree with what you’re saying. Just funny because we’ve been calling him fat all season so of course the slower games benefit him.

• balladamus

@Ace15 said...

Shhhhh…I was already on him lol. Perfect bounce back spot and the volume is still there. WAS on a B2B traveling into MIA after a massive win last night? Yeah, they want to finish the game as fast as possible and hit the clubs. Heero, Nunn, Robinson all in play. I’ll be overweight on Nunn.

Herro is the sneaky play. I do think Nunn will still be low-owned but I think people will definitely overlook Herro, who plays much better and with more confidence at home. This is also a really nice spot for another Olynyk big game.

• bangthedrummond

@JSteele said...

How do you feel about DeAndre Jordan against Charlotte? Early projections have him at around 2%. Outside of the last game, he’s been splitting minutes with Allen fairly evenly.

Yeah he was one that I paused on, but I see it more an Allen game. Allen’s up to 7300 but I still might play him.

• Ace15

RG Overall Ranking

@tmarohl said...

So if the Bucks Clippers game is played at a pace like the Bucks Vs Toronto playoff series,

Just another Reg season game doubt LAC goes full PO mode against Giannis. Giannis is good to go IMO, in a better spot than Harden was last night and he’s cheaper At home as well…I’ll have Giannis.

• bangthedrummond

@balladamus said...

Herro is the sneaky play. I do think Nunn will still be low-owned but I think people will definitely overlook Herro, who plays much better and with more confidence at home. This is also a really nice spot for another Olynyk big game.

If Winslow is out, Nunn will be popular. Is the sneaky play Herro or is it Duncan Robinson? On FD they are 4300 and 4200, respectively. Both of their minutes are all over the place. Any insight or is just a coin toss?

• tmarohl

From ESPN on Denver

3. The Nuggets, all-in on defense
    Denver ranks a shocking 18th in points per possession as Nikola Jokic continues to look disengaged for chunks of almost every game. His post touches are way down, and the Nuggets are getting nothing when they dump the ball to him: an unthinkable 0.79 points per possession on any trip featuring a Jokic post touch, and 0.85 points whenever Jokic shoots out of a post-up or passes to someone who lets fly, per Second Spectrum. And that is after the usual “just beat the Knicks by 40” boost.

Those numbers last season: 1.22 and 1.05. That (early) decline is jaw-dropping. (Also: What happened to Gary Harris?) Hopefully Jokic is pacing himself for what should be a long season. Denver’s cold shooting from almost everywhere should improve.

The Nuggets have not let their clunky offense infect their spirit on the other end; they top the league in points allowed per possession.

• realphipps

Ive seen CP3 and German Rondo mentioned, but I’m buying stock in SGA with the pace of this game (potentially)

• balladamus

@bangthedrummond said...

If Winslow is out, Nunn will be popular. Is the sneaky play Herro or is it Duncan Robinson? On FD they are 4300 and 4200, respectively. Both of their minutes are all over the place. Any insight or is just a coin toss?

Both are in play, and I will have some lineups with a three-man stack of Herro, Robinson, and Olnyk. I can’t say 100% that this is accurate, but here’s my take- Based on observation, I think Robinson’s minute fluctuations is just a product of game flow, but he has a consistent role and his role lands nicely with what Washington gives up. For Herro, as I stated, I feel it’s a matter of home vs away. He seems way more confident and aggressive at home which leads to more minutes and more production.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler