7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 3.5 ) at Charlotte ( -3.5 ) —- T: 195
    7:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -12.5 ) at Philadelphia ( 12.5 ) —- T: 189.5
    7:30 PM EST : Washington ( 7.5 ) at Miami ( -7.5 ) —- T: 196.5
    7:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 13 ) at Toronto ( -13 ) —- T: 201.5
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( -1.5 ) at Milwaukee ( 1.5 ) —- T: 198
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 1 ) at New Orleans ( -1 ) —- T: 214
    8:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 6 ) at Chicago ( -6 ) —- T: 203
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -1 ) at Minnesota ( 1 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

RG Forum/Chat League: https://www.fanduel.com/entry/331689299

• cdbesch

@xHotLineBlingx said...

I guess I’ll use my exact same formula I used to place 5th. Tons of value everywhere.

what is the point of posting this if not elaborated on? this doesn’t help anybody other than your ego. on top of that, i am fairly certain results wont be exactly the same as when you placed 5th. smh

• coach232

• Blogger of the Month

Jerami Grant-Phila or C Zeller as a punt play in cash any thoughts?

• monarch

I was on Amir but who is he going to guard ?

• mellofellowsu

@coach232 said...

Have not seen a lot of talk about B Griffin, is he a consensus fade?

Griffin is always in consideration for me.

• mellofellowsu

@cdbesch said...

what is the point of posting this if not elaborated on? this doesn’t help anybody other than your ego. on top of that, i am fairly certain results wont be exactly the same as when you placed 5th. smh

I took his comment to mean that he’s going to go with a balanced lineup as opposed to stars/scrubs.

Nothing mind-blowing there.

• cccalloway

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

I’m sure there are more detailed and scientific explanations on the site, but I’ll create an example using Kristaps:

If you expect Kristaps to be 30% owned you may want to go with another player, because even if he gets you 45 pts. 30% of the field is also getting those points so it’s not separating you from the field.
    The reward could be much higher if you choose another player, especially if Kristaps doesn’t hit value – If Kristaps gets 25 pts. and you have a 8% owned player that hits 45 pts, than that puts a dud in 30% of the field and puts you 20 pts above a large portion of the field.

Hopefully that makes some sense. Some people factor this logic in more than others, and it also makes a difference if you’re playing GPP vs. cash. If you’re trying to hit top 50% in a cash game than this is less of an issue, but if you’re really trying to hit it big in a large GPP, it can be hard to reach the top of the leaderboard if you have a bunch of players 20-30% of the field also own.

I’d take this a little further. Just b/c a guy has 30% ownership, does not mean he is a bad play. If you expect Kristaps to exceed tournament value over 50% of the time, then technically he is underowned in this spot and you want more Kristaps. If you think he hits value 30% of the time, then you want to get into fade conversation b/c if he doesn’t or puts up a dud, you blow by 30% of the field.

If they mispriced someone like Kristaps at $5k, then you would want close to 100% ownership of him b/c he will exceed value almost every game at that price.

• Hoosier44

Mirotic’s price on DK plummeted from $5,600 down to $5,000. Worth a look?

• coach232

• Blogger of the Month

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

I’m sure there are more detailed and scientific explanations on the site, but I’ll create an example using Kristaps:

If you expect Kristaps to be 30% owned you may want to go with another player, because even if he gets you 45 pts. 30% of the field is also getting those points so it’s not separating you from the field.
    The reward could be much higher if you choose another player, especially if Kristaps doesn’t hit value – If Kristaps gets 25 pts. and you have a 8% owned player that hits 45 pts, than that puts a dud in 30% of the field and puts you 20 pts above a large portion of the field.

Hopefully that makes some sense. Some people factor this logic in more than others, and it also makes a difference if you’re playing GPP vs. cash. If you’re trying to hit top 50% in a cash game than this is less of an issue, but if you’re really trying to hit it big in a large GPP, it can be hard to reach the top of the leaderboard if you have a bunch of players 20-30% of the field also own.

Thanks for this. It explains a lot. this can help me be more precise with my lineups.

• Whacko

Where is the usual Punt play on average used, I’ve seen alot of people punting SF in GPP however is there a certain price you tag as Punt?

If a guy is 3k on DK and he manages to get 20 FPT is that what I would be truly looking for?
    that’s a basic example, but I would not really want more than 1 punt in my LU right?

• JammmmHOT

Haven’t been watching Boston games… what are the chances Crowder guards Evans?

• monarch

Pretty decent. Stevens will do what he can to make a team play left handed.

• cdbesch

@mellofellowsu said...

I took his comment to mean that he’s going to go with a balanced lineup as opposed to stars/scrubs.

I would have thought the opposite considering he mentioned all the value. Since he did not mention the basic structure of his 5th place lineup it is anyone’s guess. Maybe he went balanced for contrarian purposes with everyone else using the value, or maybe he too used the value to pay up for the studs he likes. Who knows..

• coach232

• Blogger of the Month

Glad I found this forum. I have seen a lot of good information. I will give back as I begin to find more success. Thanks to all who contrubute

• walkoff9

@Hoosier44 said...

Mirotic’s price on DK plummeted from $5,600 down to $5,000. Worth a look?

Has to be at that price, has 8x potential.

• frugal

@Whacko said...

Where is the usual Punt play on average used, I’ve seen alot of people punting SF in GPP however is there a certain price you tag as Punt?

If a guy is 3k on DK and he manages to get 20 FPT is that what I would be truly looking for?
    that’s a basic example, but I would not really want more than 1 punt in my LU right?

I expect 6X or greater from a player under $4K on DK. So a $3K player would either have to exceed 18 fantasy points in at least 3 of the last 5 or an injury elevating a bench player to a starting role who consistently hit 4X off the bench. Obviously, knowing team dynamics is a huge help in projecting bench players into starting roles as in many cases the better move is not to roster the bench sub but another starter who will pick up the slack.

I think it’s a mistake to look for the big studs and then scramble to find value plays. Pick you value plays first and lock them in then fill in the studs. If you have money left over it’s much easier spending up out of a scrub than cutting a stud.

• FantasyAcumen

Would love to get some JJ Redick news/update. Crawford was a man-beast last game even sitting early with two fouls. It’s shaping up to be a night where there is insane value at the guard positions. I think I’m gonna fade the brow. With the extra money left over for bigs, I think his ownership might be pretty high. I could easily see me pulling out the voodoo doll and sticking his shoulder :)

• coach232

• Blogger of the Month

I’m going to take a chance on Noguiera in tourney with the blowout factor looming.

• walkoff9

Lot of value on the board tonight. Really like Lin, Felton, Len, and Mirotic

• Whacko

@frugal Thanks

• CantCatchABreak99

@coach232 said...

I’m going to take a chance on Noguiera in tourney with the blowout factor looming.

Biyombo has been a fantasy disappointment. In his last 12 games he’s hit 5x value just twice. Even without the blowout factor I think Noguiera’s minutes are going up.

• CantCatchABreak99

@frugal said...

I expect 6X or greater from a player under $4K on DK. So a $3K player would either have to exceed 18 fantasy points in at least 3 of the last 5 or an injury elevating a bench player to a starting role who consistently hit 4X off the bench. Obviously, knowing team dynamics is a huge help in projecting bench players into starting roles as in many cases the better move is not to roster the bench sub but another starter who will pick up the slack.

I think it’s a mistake to look for the big studs and then scramble to find value plays. Pick you value plays first and lock them in then fill in the studs. If you have money left over it’s much easier spending up out of a scrub than cutting a stud.

Good post.

• coach232

• Blogger of the Month

@CantCatchABreak99 said...

Biyombo has been a fantasy disappointment. In his last 12 games he’s hit 5x value just twice. Even without the blowout factor I think Noguiera’s minutes are going up.

I watched the GS/Raptor game Saturday and Noguiera was more active than Biyombo offensively while doing a good job on the defensive end. If he could have played 30+ minutes he could easily gotten 35+ ffpts.

• dhanpalj

First time poster; can’t wait to start contributing!

Do you guys lean towards Felton/Monroe or Lin/KAT tonight?

• sponger11

*I’ve

• RatedDAL

For narrative fans out there, does Porzingis show off against Dirk or does Dirk teach the kid a thing or two?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.