7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 1.5 ) at Orlando ( -1.5 ) —- T: 206.5
    7:30 PM EST : Toronto ( -9 ) at Brooklyn ( 9 ) —- T: 221
    7:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( -2.5 ) at Cleveland ( 2.5 ) —- T: 221.5
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 5 ) at New Orleans ( -5 ) —- T: 217.5
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -8.5 ) at Chicago ( 8.5 ) —- T: 215
    8:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 1 ) at San Antonio ( -1 ) —- T: 226
    9:00 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:30 PM EST : Golden State ( 1 ) at Milwaukee ( -1 ) —- T: 240

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• hobbes2d

@scott33 said...

I’d cry tears of joy if I hit 100k, no doubt about it. Finished at 350.1 on FD & 334.3 on Yahoo to double up on both sites. It’s been a good December so far, nothing huge but consistently cashing. Feels good. Yahoo has been great since I decided to start playing there again a couple weeks ago. Again, congrats man. I envy you!

You won’t envy me at tax time 😜

• footballbutts

@mtdurham said...

So if i was performing better RELATIVE TO THE FIELD in small slates i’d totally get it…that makes perfect sense

Actually, my point was on smaller slates, everyone gets the same amount of time to analyze the three or four games, what have you. When it’s 2 or 3 games in an already loaded 10 game slate, people devote less time and resources into analyzing those 2 or 3 individual games. This is where being able to know what are the favorable matchups that aren’t part of the main slate come in handy. You’re not playing De’Anthony Melton on the main slate because he’s not getting 10x at 4k like Bam was. But on the turbo slates, you don’t need 10x at 4k.

• ScofieldReturns

@scott33 said...

Yeah I get it, that’s what I would’ve done on most nights but I thought DDR & Butler were too good to pass up, especially when I saw J-Val was starting. Going from Drummond to J-Val allowed me to pay up at SG (FD).

i went j val too, and it sounded like you also had giannis like me…guessing that means you faded simmons? considered it but was just too risky for me

• Mattak14

@hobbes2d said...

I’m not looking at the additions more so just the raw FPPM. I mean he’s only played a few games this year where he saw actual mins. I think there was just 1 game where Sabonis or Turner missed completely and he had over 30 FP that night. I did also see that Turner struggled a bit in more recent matchups against Orlando/Vuc too. That just kind of solidified my thinking.

Also O’Quinn wasted years of his otherwise productive career on Orlando’s bench so there was a revenge narrative also. ;)

Guess I need to start digging in deeper haha. I dont have much time during the week to look much further than h/a splits, minutes proj, dvp, and Vegas

• mtdurham

@hobbes2d said...

just go ahead and chalk it up as a business… you can waive tax liability on the first 20% then throw the next $55,000 in your IRA which won’t be taxable to you for 2018…then withdraw it in subsequent years if you need it (or dont if you dont need it)

• mrmogz

@hobbes2d said...

So gross, I hope I pull a big win since I live in Canada, not that I would rub it in the U.S. guys faces, but man paying tax on gambling winnings is a joke to me.

And congrats on a great win!

• Mattak14

@Mattak14 said...

Guess I need to start digging in deeper haha. I dont have much time during the week to look much further than h/a splits, minutes proj, dvp, and Vegas

Also I see two split camps on looking at individual pvp matchups vs looking at a player vs opponent overall since a lot of teams dont go man to man anymore. Are the C and PF positions more likely to go man to man and the others more likely to see a mix of opposing players?

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #91

RG Tiered Ranking

@Unico10 said...

Amir = KOQ
    Both got minutes because of injuries
    That’s why I played both in different lineup
    Unlimited bankroll and would have had each lineup duplicated and ran one with KOQ and one with Amir

Digging deeper in my night…. also got a 332 with Stephenson 0 and a 328 with Hood

Maddening

• scott33

@ScofieldReturns said...

i went j val too, and it sounded like you also had giannis like me…guessing that means you faded simmons? considered it but was just too risky for me

I faded Simmons on both sites (FD & Yahoo) but had ABC on Yahoo. I went pretty balanced on FD with Blake, DDR & Buckets as my only guys over 8k. I wanted Simmons, just couldn’t find a way to get to him.

• draggin49

Congrats Hobbes!

• scott33

@mrmogz said...

paying tax on gambling winnings is a joke to me.

• Calicapo

Congrats to all the winners, esp hobbes…

You guys inspire me.

• eatmyturf23

@mtdurham said...

Wow… i stand corrected….. I’d love to hear their reasoning, they’re obviously much smarter than me.

Chipotle plays highly contrarian. I can explain his rationale right there. Track his lineups and you see that’s his MO, catching big takedowns by avoiding the chalk. He risks money doing it of course.

• eatmyturf23

I can’t wait for tomorrow’s slate…

• scott33

@eatmyturf23 said...

So much value already

• zline34

@eatmyturf23 said...

Chipotle plays highly contrarian. I can explain his rationale right there. Track his lineups and you see that’s his MO, catching big takedowns by avoiding the chalk. He risks money doing it of course.

I would play the most absurd stacks in MLB and when they hit he would have almost the identical lineups right with me. I’m talking every player under 1-3%. He’s very contrarian, it pays off huge for him when he hits. Risky though

• eatmyturf23

@scott33 said...

So much value already

Yes and imagine all the traps!

• damionismyname

@eatmyturf23 said...

• gaelicgirl

OMG Congrats, Hobbes!!!

• DirkDigglerz

Wow Congrats Man You did it Hobbs… 10 games slate wins are impressive!!!

• damionismyname

this forum may not have good info, but we are winning these days. just throw up some stupid gifs and win money!!!!

• DirkDigglerz

@travvis said...

3rd in the 2K $10 Yahoo tourney; $500. 1st in the $300 $1 one. It was a great night. Thanks for all of you that gave me positive thoughts when I asked for them earlier.

nice one also Travvis that DeAron Fox call was great didn’t have him in my radar

• Trappist1

@mtdurham said...

Stat correction bumped me to 39th outta 15,000… on a single bullet $1 entry… not even kidding i immediately walked back to the bathroom to go vomit again… so gross.. woulda been a nice night to have my standard entry fees in play

Lineups;

Full Slate: 296 (386 won)
    Turbo: 295.75 (343 won)
    Night Turbo: 303 (313 won)

I DONT GET IT…. this is pretty standard for me too…how is it even possible to beat a 10 game slate lineup with a 2 game one?? i need to just give up on full slates and focus on night turbos…

The answer is simple one, in the smaller slates one has less decision points to make and much easier to reach the optimal LU for it, the risk is duplication and ties up top. In a full slate there is more decision points, ownership is spread and the optimal LU will is harder to reach. I will suggest making a LU for the main slate, turbo and night slate first and then entering those in the main slate GPP. A high scoring close two game slate can out score a 10 game slate that had a lot of blowouts and benching. NBA DFS can be as random as anything, so much for it being the sport with less variance.

• Trappist1

@eatmyturf23 said...

With a deep bankroll, it makes no sense to play chalky and obvious play. You then play against the grain style and clean up all the money when what was expected and projected fails to materialize. It is a classic high risk – high reward approach. Do not try it with a limited bankroll though. :)

• gaelicgirl

I don’t even know how you guys can navigate these big slates…they’re overwhelming to me.
    Will keep dreaming of winning a small slate, though.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.