• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

2:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 9 ) at Dallas ( -9 ) —- T: 233
    7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 11.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -11.5 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Indiana ( -6 ) at New York ( 6 ) —- T: 207.5
    8:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 10 ) at Houston ( -10 ) —- T: 241.5
    10:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 12 ) at Utah ( -12 ) —- T: 220

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• superjon

@Njsum1 said...

I think I’ve posted this 5 times this year. When I see people come and post no Embiid, gimme all da Simmoms. I think that they’re 1) not checking the data 2) being intentionally misleading.

Luckily, haven’t seen that today.

It’s not like Simmons can’t have a good game without Embiid, he just doesn’t gain anything by his absence.

In the 4 games without Embid this year, Simmons has scored (on FanDuel)

He’s not a lock, but he’s definitely playable.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@superjon said...

He’s playable, but I think the point is, when people are out you want to take advantage and play the beneficiaries, not the guys who don’t get a bump. Why play the guy who at 9.3K is likely to have his normal game of 40-50, when you can play guys who are cheaper that will be, or at least have been beneficiaries?

1.2K less, Harris in 4 games w/ no Embiid: 41.9, 43.9, 43.0, 35
    1.7k less, Horford in 4 games w/ no Embiid: 44.3, 49.5, 51.0, 23.6

I think it’s fair to throw out the lowest score of all 3, as that was a blowout loss to ORL and no one saw full minutes and they only scored 97 points.

• Njsum1

@superjon said...

You’re not getting my point. Of course he’s playable, he’s playable the same way he’s always playable when the price is right. Embiid out does nothing for him.

His season average is 39.12 FD. Those numbers the average is 41.5

Howeverrrrr….Embiid sits for the perceived easier matchups and 2 and most importantly. he had 7 steals in one of those games. Which had nothing to do with Embiid being out. Normalize that outlier and take matchup into account, I’d say he’s probably slightly worse without Embiid.

• dw12290

Philly is favored by 12 so I don’t see Simmons, Harris or Horford getting full mins tonight so I think its a mute point imo

• superjon

@dw12290 said...

Philly is favored by 12 so I don’t see Simmons, Harris or Horford getting full mins tonight so I think its a mute point imo

FWIW

Philly is 0-5 ATS this season when favored by 8 or more.

The starters played close to mid 30s in 4 out of the 5 of those games.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

@dw12290 said...

4 game slate and 3 of the 4 games have double digit spreads.

• dw12290

I know all 3 can score like they did the last time they played but I think finding the lower priced/owned players is the way to go. I like Harris and Thybulle in this game with Harden and CaPela. I could stack Harris, Simmons and Horford but just don’t like that in a potential blowout. I’m usually wrong so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

• Calicapo

Ok. So for the Showdown slate, do we think NO gives a much better performance?

Who would you guys fade? Porzinger or Holliday?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

@dw12290 said...

I know all 3 can score like they did the last time they played but I think finding the lower priced/owned players is the way to go. I like Harris and Thybulle in this game with Harden and CaPela. I could stack Harris, Simmons and Horford but just don’t like that in a potential blowout. I’m usually wrong so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I don’t think anyone should play Harris/Horford/Simmons together.

• BigRay

@Calicapo said...

Who would you guys fade? Porzinger or Holliday?

I came down to the same two to choose from. I went zinger.

• Calicapo

@BigRay said...

My gut tells me you’re right.

Do you think Delon gets more minutes than Curry this game? Or do they usually go with the hot hand for the back up guards?

• billythekidcowboysheat

@Pandamonious said...

Right now, not sure there’s anything better than

DK starting with Harden/Harris/Horford/Korkmaz/Randle
    FD/Yahoo starting with Harden/Harris/Horford Korkmaz/Robinson

Not sure about that price tag on Harris on FD yet though.

Same build has triple h as well. Harden, horford, harris but can i squeeze booker in there? Had last few games, feels like he could go off for another big one here.

• Njsum1

@dw12290 said...

I could stack Harris, Simmons and Horford but just don’t like that in a potential blowout. I’m usually wrong so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

The humility shows that at least your thoughts are genuine. Unless you’re super tricky 😉. Everyone’s wrong plenty. My takes go on streaks. Yet they’re always honest.

You play Simmons if you like the matchup, Embiid out doesn’t affect him. Tobias should see more shots, yet Dk priced him up a bit, there’s still some meat on the bone , Horford seems like the play with high Floor decent ceiling that I would be heaviest on.

Side note…I’m still tilted over Nance. He gets 35 DK and I have a decent night. 🤷‍♂️

• BigRay

@Calicapo said...

Do you think Delon gets more minutes than Curry this game?

tbh…I haven’t got Delon right this season but i do think when Seth is hot they let him go longer.

• JustDFSin

@BigRay said...

tbh…I haven’t got Delon right this season but i do think when Seth is hot they let him go longer.

Are u fading Ingram?

• Markith

• 2018 DraftKings NFL KOTB Finalist

@BigRay said...

Who gets run on a Maverick blowout is my question?

• monarch

@JustDFSin said...

Are u fading Ingram?

I am. He should have a good game on volume but DFS will make him work for every point he gets.

• Pick1979

FD has great pricing on Kaminsky, and several others

• dw12290

@Njsum1 said...

Side note…I’m still tilted over Nance. He gets 35 DK and I have a decent night.

Nance hurt me last night too but I’m playing him again tonight. His price went up $100 and not sure why but he can still put up 6x or 7x if he goes on a roll.

• Calicapo

@JustDFSin said...

Are u fading Ingram?

I don’t think Ingram is fadable in this game.

He’s NO’s number one scoring option.

Think I’m riding with Seth in thre Captain spot.

Now I’m stuck at Kenrich or Hart. Leaning Kenrich

• Calicapo

@monarch said...

I am. He should have a good game on volume but DFS will make him work for every point he gets.

Damn.

So you rolling with Ball and JJ?

• monarch

@Calicapo said...

Damn.

So you rolling with Ball and JJ?

Um….how did you get my lineup…lol

Four Mavs and one of those two dudes you mentioned as Captain and the other as flex

• Calicapo

Lol.

Expecting a blowout, huh?

Don’t know why I think this game will be more competitive.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Same build has triple h as well. Harden, horford, harris but can i squeeze booker in there? Had last few games, feels like he could go off for another big one here.

You could try. Take out Randle and put Booker in, but you’re left with 3.9K per play, if you leave Korkmaz.

If Brooks is out you can play Grayson or Guduric.

This is actually a good time to mention it’s SATURDAY.

We’ve yet to NOT have an unexpected guy or two out on a Saturday as far as I can recall.

We also don’t know what approach the Knicks are going to take today, at all. And we may not know until the games start. Do the Knicks go full youth mode now and bench Taj and play Morris only 20 minutes?

• BigRay

@Calicapo said...

Don’t know why I think this game will be more competitive.

A sleepy Saturday afternoon game In Big D with everyone across town at the Big12 Champ game?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler