• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Portland ( 9 ) at Cleveland ( -9 ) —- T: 199
    7:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -5.5 ) at Indiana ( 5.5 ) —- T: 215
    7:30 PM EST : Houston ( -4.5 ) at Brooklyn ( 4.5 ) —- T: 207.5
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -2 ) at Memphis ( 2 ) —- T: 202
    9:00 PM EST : Orlando ( -3.5 ) at Denver ( 3.5 ) —- T: 198
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( 2 ) at Sacramento ( -2 ) —- T: 205.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

RG Forum/Chat League: https://www.fanduel.com/entry/332794309

• Agent47

@TeHDruiD said...

statmuse is what I use for this type of stuff. I’ll type in something like power forward fd points vs draymond green 2016 game log

It gives me a nice look at the types of players a defender gives up more points against and I can see if the nights matchup is one of those types of players

Thanks for the heads up on statmuse! I didn’t know about this site until your post. I’m playing around with it right now, but I like what I see so far! Thanks again.

• brent83

I am only new to these games and have been playing for approximately three weeks, and I have to play on Moneyball.com.au (Australian version of Fan Duel .. 2 PG/SG/SF/PF 1 C) as I cant play on your sites but have taken out a 650 person GPP and finished top 15 another time. For the most part, I can generally cash and have so far been a pretty profitable outing given the small sample size.

Here are my thoughts for what its worth and probably is relevant for FD as my game is similar….

The point about ceilings on value priced picks sums up exactly what I had been thinking about when I was analysing my performance yesterday. Realistically you want to get 300+ points to be competitive at the top end on any given night which means on a 9 person roster you need to be looking at an average of 33.3 per. To win, you actually need more points than that and are probably looking closer to 38+ points per player. I’d say that if your value pick doesn’t have a chance at hitting a minimum of 25 at the floor with a chance at 35+ then it is almost not worth picking that person in a GPP play. As stated above, Patrick Beverley is a perfect example of this. I say that, because if they are priced at say.. 4k and are likely to hit 5x value at 20 with a ceiling of 6x value at 25, to win you need your higher priced player to hit something like 50+ to “even it out”. All this is fine, except when you introduce 2-3 lower priced players you are too reliant on all of your high priced going off, which doesn’t happen on too many nights. This is not saying you shouldn’t use some of these guys and often you have no choice, but be smart about who you pick when there are multiple value options on the table.

For example, today… the lower priced guys I think with a reasonable ceiling are Larkin & Stuckey over other guys like Beverley, Nicholson.

Generally, my opinion would be to target 1 really high priced guy who you think is likely to go well in a high paced/scoring game without too much blowout potential and then a more balanced lineup, especially in a day where there are so many 10k+ players on the board. If you pick 2 and 1 busts you are already coming from a long way back to be competitive in a GPP.

• tonytone1908

Hoping Jokic can get back in the LU tonight. If Lauvergne doesn’t play he has to right?

• brandnewthrice2

Howard put up 50+ pts vs BRKLYN last time out fwiw Howard is a gpp play vs Vucevic more of a cash play

• IronMonkey415

Lauvergne better play.

• NickyBlueEyes

Kinda worried Vucevic might see less minutes if this turns into a small ball game… will ORL do that or do they normally keep Vuc out there?

• csandbizzle

@brandnewthrice2 said...

Howard put up 50+ pts vs BRKLYN last time out fwiw Howard is a gpp play vs Vucevic more of a cash play

Howard in 25 minutes isn’t that enticing

• jlizer98

chalmers or trey burke?

• Nymetsknicks7

@csandbizzle said...

Howard in 25 minutes isn’t that enticing

Why is this. If anything hed play 25 tomorrow

• csandbizzle

@Nymetsknicks7 said...

Why is this. If anything hed play 25 tomorrow

When he plays back to backs they are going to limit him to 25 in both games they said.

EDIT: To clarify this was a statement before his first back to back that he actually played in. It’s completely possible they’ve changed their thinking but I haven’t seen anything to change my thinking.

Or they could just sit him on Wednesday. I’m just not taking the chance.

• tg553

Vuc or Dwight tonight?

• Nymetsknicks7

@csandbizzle said...

When he plays back to backs they are going to limit him to 25 in both games they said.

EDIT: To clarify this was a statement before his first back to back that he actually played in. It’s completely possible they’ve changed their thinking but I haven’t seen anything to change my thinking.

Easy choice then. Nvm

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

0 exposure to the 7 studs. Interested to see the lineups getting these guys in there. Just dont see the upside to the guys you have to play to get them in.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

@csandbizzle said...

Or they could just sit him on Wednesday. I’m just not taking the chance.

They said either today or yesterday he will play 30 minutes in each.

For most centers that’s fine, but hes a guy that’s been playing 35+ most nights, not an elite fantasy points per minute guy.

• nta87

Vuc… Houston said Howard going to be playing in both games coming up back to back which means reduced mins in both games

• nta87

To the guy that asked before

• AdrianxBeatason

@walkoff9 said...

0 exposure to the 7 studs. Interested to see the lineups getting these guys in there. Just dont see the upside to the guys you have to play to get them in.

Lots of crabbe, bogdanovic, booker, arthur, ed davis, beverly, chalmers, steven adams, burke and stuckey…

• Sjv

@walkoff9 said...

They said either today or yesterday he will play 30 minutes in each.

For most centers that’s fine, but hes a guy that’s been playing 35+ most nights, not an elite fantasy points per minute guy.

Saw this on cbs as well. The previous back to back saw Dwight play 30 and 31 mins vs det and nyk. They said he’ll have a similar workload. Averages around 33 mpg so not a huge drop off. Better dk value than fd it seems.

• nta87

Howard is just a big pu**y anyways

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

Locked in Payton, Hayward, and Draymond for all my lineups.

• frugal

@walkoff9 said...

There are a few high value guard plays which can get 1 stud in with pretty limited risk. Then again, I’ve never won a tourney so maybe I’m way off base.

• bdvratoric

New to basketball don’t watch NBA I just look at numbers and listen to podcasts. Fading all of the big priced guys and using a balanced line up because of how good the high priced guys look tonight. Figure that a lot of my guys may be low owned. Hoping they all hit or exceed value. Good strategy? GPP of course

• CoachTrav

@NickyBlueEyes said...

Kinda worried Vucevic might see less minutes if this turns into a small ball game… will ORL do that or do they normally keep Vuc out there?

Who knows with my magic, Skiles might call up Shaq and play him all game lol

• TheWhiteMamba

@TeHDruiD said...

statmuse is what I use for this type of stuff. I’ll type in something like power forward fd points vs draymond green 2016 game log

I’ll check it out. Much appreciated.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

@frugal said...

There are a few high value guard plays which can get 1 stud in with pretty limited risk. Then again, I’ve never won a tourney so maybe I’m way off base.

Should be an interesting night, i just decided to go with more guys in the 6-8k range that i feel like have that 40-50 point upside.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).