• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Portland ( 9 ) at Cleveland ( -9 ) —- T: 199
    7:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -5.5 ) at Indiana ( 5.5 ) —- T: 215
    7:30 PM EST : Houston ( -4.5 ) at Brooklyn ( 4.5 ) —- T: 207.5
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -2 ) at Memphis ( 2 ) —- T: 202
    9:00 PM EST : Orlando ( -3.5 ) at Denver ( 3.5 ) —- T: 198
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( 2 ) at Sacramento ( -2 ) —- T: 205.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

RG Forum/Chat League: https://www.fanduel.com/entry/332794309

• Bastardicus

After the Larkin shit bomb I thought I was doomed. Then Casspi and Hayward save the day and turn a shitty night into a net $0 night. Yaaaaa ….a wash! Live to fight another day

• tmarohl

I won the forum tournament tonight. Wish I would have entered that into some other stuff. Bad night overall.

• KRD227

@Steroid said...

… 293 FD points doesn’t cash in a tourney anymore?

Wowsa. This is getting tough.

That didn’t cash in some 50/50s…it was a high scoring night. Almost all the studs went 5x and a lot of punts went off too

• Lionfan22

@CantCatchABreak99 said...

Maxdalury had 15 entries in the $27 late Crossover on DK — NONE of them cashed.

So what you are saying is it a tough night for anyone who didn’t place in the top 10-15 tonight. Those Marcus Thornton owner’s really did get lucky.

• Mindofigor

double ups on DK are so damn easy. I had larkin’s 8.25 and stuckey’s 11.75 and still cashed 400. none of my players scored more than 50. always do double ups and some gpp’s in case it hits. easy $$$

• rebkell

@walkoff9 said...

The front office has really done a terrible job over the last few years. It’s been conley, gasol, randoph for how many years now?

No help brought in really, and who the hell have they been drafting every year…..

They give them all away for pieces that won’t fit, Jeff Green, etc… like you said the 3 and don’t forget Tony Allen. They are a completely different team when Z-Bo is out … I like Mario quite a bit and he was pretty good when he first go there, he didn’t know the plays so he threw it to anybody open LOL and everything was moving good. Then he learned the plays and it’s back to bog city.

They really do need Brandon Wright back though, they are forced to play Gasol in the ground and he’s slow enough as it is. They’re a mess and part of me wouldn’t mind seeing them fall out of contention and maybe, maybe they would try to rebuild that team into something that resembles the modern NBA. I doubt it though.

• Rsmith11

Melo only 7,600 on DK tomorrow, wow

• KRD227

Anyone notice the dude in the Shot who had 150 of the same entry win $33 on each entry..that was kinda crazy and a nice payday

• Aurren

I can’t believe the winning slam entry had barton, I’ll still curse him as the only time I played him he was barely positive.

• kobe23

fml didn’t cash anything, not even 50s or h2h even though i had lbj and pg. every single value pick turned out to be a dud tonite – worst ones larkin and stuckey.

so fkin sick of this…i dont know how a pro player can do everything one nite and proceed to do absolutely nothing the next

• KRD227

Did anyone watch the Rockets game…why did Harden only take 9 shots? Beverly took more shots than him lol

• chronoxiong

Amazing night for me. Won $150 in the Slam here…https://www.fanduel.com/games/13922/contests/13922-20160472/entries/333482375/scoring

That lineup got me to sweep all my cash games as well. So I can’t complain about tonight. But in order to win a GPP, I have to remember to not play guys like Patrick Beverley because he has no upside whatsoever. He’s a perfect cash game play though. Wished I had the guts to play Andrew Bogut instead of Mahinmi. Lol.

• KRD227

@chronoxiong said...

Amazing night for me. Won $150 in the Slam here…https://www.fanduel.com/games/13922/contests/13922-20160472/entries/333482375/scoring

That lineup got me to sweep all my cash games as well. So I can’t complain about tonight. But in order to win a GPP, I have to remember to not play guys like Patrick Beverley because he has no upside whatsoever. He’s a perfect cash game play though. Wished I had the guts to play Andrew Bogut instead of Mahinmi. Lol.

Nice night! You mean Thornton wasn’t on your radar..lol. We should have known Ariza would get hurt and Thornton/Brewer would go off in his absence. What a crazy night

• Thechamp1995

RG Overall Ranking

New strategy trying tomorow. Going with the balanced lineup with no superstars. These top priced players hurt you more than they help, and value picks barely ever hit. Going balanced and expecting consistency, and hopefully some of the mid tier players exceed value.

• KRD227

@Thechamp1995 said...

New strategy trying tomorow. Going with the balanced lineup with no superstars. These top priced players hurt you more than they help, and value picks barely ever hit. Going balanced and expecting consistency, and hopefully some of the mid tier players exceed value.

Depends on the night…tonight most of the superstars (curry, lbj, durant, george) played well with the exception of Harden and a lot of popular punts did well too (casspi, b-vich, beverly, hood, brewer)

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@Thechamp1995 said...

I did that in one LU on FD and hit 275.5, cash line was 304.9. I would have cashed but Ariza got injured.

Ran a line up with Harden, Curry, PG. Of course Harden was the weak link and I ran Mozgo as a puntil and he put up 0. Finished with 270.9 in that one.

The perfect play tonight on FD would have been two top tier guys like PG and Curry, a punt like Bogdanovic, then lower mixer tier guys like Klay and Thad. STEPH+PG+THAD+KLAY+BOG= 227.8 with the salary you have left the logical choices would have at least got you cash. I always look at the top first to see what players are out there, then I look at my punts to see if anything decent is out there. If both look good then I just chose players with good dvp match ups. It won’t cash nightly but I say 60% of the time it works. What I have learned in my short time in dfs is that you have to stay true to a method and more times than not it will pay off. Going from one extreme to the other night after night will screw you.

• nta87

@walkoff9 said...

He was my top ranked 10k guy…..glad i decided to go balanced.

My value pick of the day was Brewer

• Thechamp1995

RG Overall Ranking

@KRD227 said...

Depends on the night…tonight most of the superstars (curry, lbj, durant, george) played well with the exception of Harden and a lot of popular punts did well too (casspi, b-vich, beverly, hood, brewer)

True. I had bogdanovic and casppi the other night and they both didn’t even reach 20 points. I’m always one game off lol

• Thechamp1995

RG Overall Ranking

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

I did that in one LU on FD and hit 275.5, cash line was 304.9. I would have cashed but Ariza got injured.

Ran a line up with Harden, Curry, PG. Of course Harden was the weak link and I ran Mozgo as a puntil and he put up 0. Finished with 270.9 in that one.

The perfect play tonight on FD would have been two top tier guys like PG and Curry, a punt like Bogdanovic, then lower mixer tier guys like Klay and Thad. STEPH+PG+THAD+KLAY+BOG= 227.8 with the salary you have left the logical choices would have at least got you cash. I always look at the top first to see what players are out there, then I look at my punts to see if anything decent is out there. If both look good then I just chose players with good dvp match ups. It won’t cash nightly but I say 60% of the time it works. What I have learned in my short time in dfs is that you have to stay true to a method and more times than not it will pay off. Going from one extreme to the other night after night will screw you.

Ya truth to that as well. I just have such bad luck tho, its basically a guarantee if I play Anthony Davis or curry, that they will have a mediocre game. I always pick a superstar on an average night for them

• Superhippy

Total wash for me today which I would normally be cool with except I had a ton of exposure to Klay, George, Bog, and Barton and blew it on bad other picks, mainly Davis, Stuckey. Howard didn’t do too bad for the price but I should have went Vuc. The Magic have been making me money all season, I hopped off the train too soon

• ElSlappo

@ElSlappo said...

Ugh I have way too much Larkin, I suspect it’s going to bit me

I knew it! Between Larkin and Ariza nearly every one of my LU’s was DOA. My only success was squeaking a couple of entries into the money in that huge 50/50 on Fantasy Hub

Wednesday will be better I hope

• JMiller19

I had a lineup go for 340.2 on FD in a $5 entry mini layup and placed 5th for $25. Was 2 points from 2nd for $60 and 7 points from 1st for $100. Also cashed 2 double ups and overall $17 entries turned into $47.50.

• Usual21

@Capone1233 said...

I never roster Klay just because he doesn’t get rebounds/assists etc so he is capped by what he can score by hitting 3’s. If Curry ever get’s hurt he will be a must own

I thought the same, Capone. Wish I didn’t.

• Agent47

Won $24 on $9.75 in entries last night, all on the late and later slates. Utah had me worried with slow starts from guys like Favors and Burke, but they picked it up in the second half and helped get me some decent finishes. I was all in on Payton, who was looking like a bust most of the night, but he picked up a few 3-point plays and some other stats in the last few minutes to help get to about 5x on DK and keep from being a big letdown across all my lineups. As I started doing last Wednesday, I’m going to mostly focus on just the turbo and late slates for tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).