• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 7.5 ) at Toronto ( -7.5 ) —- T: 214
    7:00 PM EST : Denver ( 5.5 ) at Washington ( -5.5 ) —- T: 218
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 9 ) at New Orleans ( -9 ) —- T: 203.5
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 1.5 ) at Memphis ( -1.5 ) —- T: 205.5
    9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -5 ) at Utah ( 5 ) —- T: 211
    9:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -3 ) at Chicago ( 3 ) —- T: 199

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

Love Evan Turner if Harkless sits (which I am guessing he will).

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@kylar18 said...

Yup and that makes Gasol the perfect pivot off Embiid and Gobert, who people will play for cheaper. I can’t believe Gasol isn’t the lock of the night for everyone.

Him and Wall are for me for sure. I’m going a bit light tonight so I can prep for NFL but if I do 10 lineups I’ll probably have those two in at least 6-8 of them.

• frugal

@bigkino217 said...

if you really want to differentiate, just pick 1, fade the rest, and hope the one you picked takes all the usage. complete fade is giving up way too much value

Chalk will be Wall and Davis plus Jazz scrubs which makes cash lineups very easy to construct. The differentiation for tournaments is to run a more balanced lineup and non Jazz value plays as there are many tonight.

• KillaChap

@nateW said...

Robert Covington could be a good play tonight if he’s ready to ball.

Covington is never a good play. I think he’s burned me more than any player in any DFS sport.

• mbunner23

Why is Anthony Davis projection so low on here?

• marvalgames

@csandbizzle said...

I know we’re speaking relatively here, but this is essentially the same team that scored 112 the other night minus Hayward.

??? Hayward had 28 pts (46.75 DK) in 36 minutes

• NBAFTeam1

@mbunner23 said...

Anybody like Will the Thrill tonight?

He is an interesting spot. You never know with Mike Malone and his rotations, but he loves playing Will Barton. Depending on how the rotation goes, Barton could end up playing quite a few minutes against the Wizards bench and they are horrible. At his price and potential, I have him in a few lineups.

• RobertoTomba

@csandbizzle said...

no no no you don’t want to stack the game necessarily, but build your lineup and fill in your value plays from that game.

I’m not going to advocate stacking 4 Jazz out of 8 spots. But say you love a few players tonight and need a cheap SF to fill out your roster. Good news Joe Johnson or Trey Lyles are there for you. Need a Guard? Shelvin Mack is there.

Roll 2, even 3 if you really have a good feeling about multiple high priced options, but don’t go crazy

Funny, but I just noticed that I have 3 Utah players (Mack and Diaw that I liked to begin with, then Johnson got added later). It’s not what I’d call stacking…more like I start picking up trash and before I know it, the bag is full.

• dominicanpapi

@frugal said...

Chalk will be Wall and Davis plus Jazz scrubs which makes cash lineups very easy to construct. The differentiation for tournaments is to run a more balanced lineup and non Jazz value plays as there are many tonight.

I might eat crow by the end of the night if Mack gets 25-30 FDP, but I think the play in tournaments might be going up to Nelson (remember the Wizards bench is horrific) or Frazier (if Jrue is out) rather than going to Mack. You’d figure Mack might be 30-40% owned. I’m still debating it, right now I’ve got Joe Johnson in there as my only Jazz player.

• nateW

Man I know Joe Johnson looks good tonight, but the guy is old and will be facing some killer defense right off the bat. Warriors could definitely take him out of his game. If anything he will be just running up and down the floor.

• fourseasons

The injury bug is ravenous today in every contest. Wow!

• kylar18

@dominicanpapi said...

I might eat crow by the end of the night if Mack gets 25-30 FDP, but I think the play in tournaments might be going up to Nelson (remember the Wizards bench is horrific) or Frazier (if Jrue is out) rather than going to Mack. You’d figure Mack might be 30-40% owned. I’m still debating it, right now I’ve got Joe Johnson in there as my only Jazz player.

I love picking Denver bench guys tonight, Nelson and Chandler are really high for me but I heard Malone might be shaking up the starting lineup

• RobertoTomba

@mbunner23 said...

Why is Anthony Davis projection so low on here?

I also don’t know, but it’s enough to scare me away. Philadelphia is decent at defending power forwards, but his numbers are crazy at home this year. He scored 35 (including 16 free throws) with 7 rebounds last season, which isn’t quite what you’d want at that price.

• WestCrook1

• PinchyBoy10

@jared2390 said...

Anyone ever have any consistent success stacking 5 guys from one team?

Was just looking at last night, you could have taken 5 Nets and finished 2nd in the 375K Sharpshooter on Draftkings for $15k. Could have had PG Whitehead, SG Kilpatrick, SF Bogdanoivc, PF Booker, C Lopez for $26,000 and 172.75 FPS. Then could have filled it out with G ABC, F Wilson Chandler, and UTIL Howard for $22,900 and 170.00 FPS for a total of 342.75, first place was 345.25.

Anyone ever have any luck with this strategy or more of just a fluke?

Cant roster more than 4 players on one team on fanduel. Plus that was very fluky, last night half the NBA put up a stinker.

• Lionfan22

@nateW said...

Man I know Joe Johnson looks good tonight, but the guy is old and will be facing some killer defense right off the bat. Warriors could definitely take him out of his game. If anything he will be just running up and down the floor.

Joe Johnson could end up being a good play, but it feels like a trap, being $3600 on FD, it just seems too good to be true.

• marvalgames

@RobertoTomba said...

Funny, but I just noticed that I have 3 Utah players (Mack and Diaw that I liked to begin with, then Johnson got added later). It’s not what I’d call stacking…more like I start picking up trash and before I know it, the bag is full.

LMAO.
    Good method though

• mbunner23

@nateW said...

I agree, ISO Joe kinda scares me tonight. His slow style of play seems better for slow paced games. I’m not sure how well he’s going to perform with the high tempo game against the Dubs. It probably doesn’t make sense for a lot of people but think about it. If he were playing the Knicks for example, I would be all over him tonight. He likes to play that slow isolation style of play, kind of like Carmelo Anthony, where they just give it to him on he wing and he goes to work. He also will most likely be getting Klay Thompson defense. I might be totally wrong though.

• dominicanpapi

@kylar18 said...

I love picking Denver bench guys tonight, Nelson and Chandler are really high for me but I heard Malone might be shaking up the starting lineup

My guess is they meant Jokic replacing Faried

• deerosa

@Lionfan22 said...

Joe Johnson could end up being a good play, but it feels like a trap, being $3600 on FD, it just seems too good to be true.

He is the only guy who can generate his own shot. Usage is through the roof with the other guys out.

I will have him and mack in many.

• bigkino217

@dominicanpapi said...

My guess is they meant Jokic replacing Faried

jokic doesn’t like playing with nurkic. if anything, jokic would probably replace nurkic.

• jim1212

Marc Gasol or Embeed on FD

• kylar18

Sometimes in DFS it really is this easy, can’t let your own brain talk you off the good plays. Yeah, it’s not sneaky but If it’s the best value on the night it’s already chalky, you’ll have to have it to win.

• bigkino217

livingston sitting for the warriors. guess that means the rest are playing

• loutheitalian

Can play barron on fd but he is 6.6k on dk where as only 5.7 on fd what’s his ceiling 30? At that tag on dk will not work

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).