• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 7.5 ) at Toronto ( -7.5 ) —- T: 214
    7:00 PM EST : Denver ( 5.5 ) at Washington ( -5.5 ) —- T: 218
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 9 ) at New Orleans ( -9 ) —- T: 203.5
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 1.5 ) at Memphis ( -1.5 ) —- T: 205.5
    9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -5 ) at Utah ( 5 ) —- T: 211
    9:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -3 ) at Chicago ( 3 ) —- T: 199

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• GGee87

@DomTwan said...

Give me all the Wade

Explain please

• BUFUu2

anyone like gobert or just take him out since everyone else is out for the jazz…. Game will be done in the 2nd quarter does he sit or play?

• traviswhite

i think JV have been dealing with an ankle injury, has had a few days off though so could be a good spot for him

• dominicanpapi

I could be wrong but teams have until the hour before to announce inactives. So this could work out one of 2 ways:

1. Memphis announces Gasol is out prior to game time.
    2. Gasol is still questionable, plays anyway ——> this makes for a great GPP spot b/c everyone would move off of him and you can get a potential 40-45 burger from him with less than 20% ownership (maybe less than 10%?)

• Headre3000

@visvim910 said...

Rondo + Butler + Lopez or Curry + Ingles + Gobert

Neither

• BUFUu2

@dominicanpapi said...

I could be wrong but teams have until the hour before to announce inactives. So this could work out one of 2 ways:

2. Gasol is still questionable, plays anyway ——> this makes for a great GPP spot b/c everyone would move off of him and you can get a potential 40-45 burger from him with less than 20% ownership (maybe less than 10%?)

I only have one lineup with him in there. I still have him in there not changing a thing in that lineup unless he is out, I love that linuep as well

• mbunner23

You have to go Embiid in cash now.

• wlynch82

@kylar18 said...

try 20-25, He’s the only guy who looks to shoot out of the starting lineup and he plays up when he doesn’t have other starting quality guys around him. Same situation literally happened with him last year with the heat and I rolled him out every night they played cause he was underpriced and destroying value. Cash lines will be super high tonight cause of all the value

You and other have talked me into a decent amount of ownership.

Just be prepared to reap the whirlwind if he duds haha.

• Jagwarr

• 2016 FanDuel NFL Playboy Mansion Finalist

@deerosa said...

I liked Gobert before, I like him even more now.

I often find myself in agreement with you but on this one play I’m think Gobert will be the first to sit in a blowout. Kerr is very upfront with his players sitting and it doesn’t look like any stars are.

Reaching for a Utah player besides Mack seems to be reaching too far. Yeah anyone of them could be key but unless your making multiple lineups alternating and hoping, it looks to be a bust for me. Any thoughts on Utah at this time?

• bhr1989

No talk of Gortat vs that soft Selection of players??

• natedenver34

@frugal said...

I had to take a look with the rumors of low projections. RG has him at 62 FP, not sure where the low projection nonsense came from likely someone either was looking at things wrong or trying to mislead folks here.

PHI gives up the most DKFP to C in the league on the season and has given up 5+ the league average to C’s over the last 5 games. They are better at PF with they rank 18th on the season at PF and but they are giving up up the league avg to PF over the last 5. Of course, tough to track exactly what’s happening with Embiid on/of and the minutes restrictions early. But Whiteside put up 32 and 13 against Embiid in 33 minutes and Tristan Thompson had 12 and 12 in 36 minutes.

They had him at 46 earlier in the day, but that has since changed.

• hobbes2d

@kylar18 said...

If Gasol sits I will have 100% Randolph tonight lol, and as of right now I’m treating it that way, getting downgraded during the day generally not a good thing

yup.

• wlynch82

@bhr1989 said...

No talk of Gortat vs that soft Selection of players??

Denver has a really good interior defense.

• IronMonkey415

Only have the guts to play M.. Gasol in a .25 cent contest.

• kylar18

Denver has the best rebounding differential in the NBA. I try to not take centers against them, did it when embiid played them and that was a mistake

• astauty

@IronMonkey415 said...

Only had the guts to play M.. Gasol in a .25 cent contest.

i only have the guts to play .25 cent games lately… epic cold streak.

• GGee87

@kylar18 said...

Sometimes in DFS it really is this easy, can’t let your own brain talk you off the good plays. Yeah, it’s not sneaky but If it’s the best value on the night it’s already chalky, you’ll have to have it to win.

Absolutely what I wanted to say after reading pages of SUPER CHALK you MUST fade to win. If the guy costs below 4000… fading is pointless. Its not the same as fading a stud that has high ownership and misses value. Ive made some very dumb decisions fading low priced obvious chalk plays and kicking myself the next day. Im done with that method. I can get down with avoiding the studs some nights but… im playing value all day long and twice on sunday.

• Manyak

Will Barton goes from 4.3k to 6.6k in 2 good games? Wow

• deerosa

@JSteele said...

For those debating the Utah Jazz situation we have seen this before. At the end of the season last year the Miami Heat rested their starters and only had 6 healthy players or something. They all ended up playing 48 minutes I believe and put up starter numbers despite being bench players. Looking at the depth you have to play Ingles and Joe Johnson. Mack is not a must play simply because they have someone to turn to with Exum and Neto. Plus with Gordon Hayward as their primary scorer they must have lots of plays designed to get him the ball. I’m sure that will run the same with Joe Johnson

Be careful, people may say you are steering people to this. :)

Or it might just be friggin’ common sense!

• kylar18

@GGee87 said...

Absolutely what I wanted to say after reading pages of SUPER CHALK you MUST fade to win. If the guy costs below 4000… fading is pointless. Its not the same as fading a stud that has high ownership and misses value. Ive made some very dumb decisions fading low priced obvious chalk plays and kicking myself the next day. Im done with that method. I can get down with avoiding the studs some nights but… im playing value all day long and twice on sunday.

5k is my cutoff for where I start considering fading super chalk value on Dk. On FD absolutely you have to play Johnson tonight at 3.6

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #53

RG Tiered Ranking

@Manyak said...

to be fair, he was underpriced to begin with at 4.3 . Definitely a mis price. But I don’t like him at 6.6. Have him on FD at 5.7, though.

• wlynch82

@Manyak said...

Not just the 2 good games. Also 2 straight nights of really high ownership.

• kylar18

If these guys fail, you can get on me all you want. I will have 100% exposure to Johnson and Mack tonight, so if they fail I lose. I’m betting they don’t fail

• millerto

@dominicanpapi said...

Or you get the dreaded “He is available to play” which seems so popular this year.

Available to play so far has meant anything from 0-42 minutes.

• BUFUu2

@kylar18 said...

5k is my cutoff for where I start considering fading super chalk value on Dk. On FD absolutely you have to play Johnson tonight at 3.6

I as well think jj is a must play. He maybe old but can still ball and hit his shots. Another one i really like is Biaw, even with gobert and hayward he can still put up 25 points tonight i think he will get 35

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.