7:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 4 ) at Indiana ( -4 ) —- T: 220
    7:30 PM EST : Denver ( -7 ) at Atlanta ( 7 ) —- T: 223
    7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 3 ) at New York ( -3 ) —- T: 219
    7:30 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Cleveland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 2.5 ) at Memphis ( -2.5 ) —- T: 207
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 0 ) at Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 2 ) at Portland ( -2 ) —- T: 218
    10:30 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at LA Clippers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tmarohl

We should all send a message to FD that we are going to boycott until they get rid of this stupid drop the score and implement late swap.

• dmbrown81

What’s the best combinations for the mia/lac game in the F and utility spot? Should I stick with Tobias & Harrell or switch to Bam & Boban?

• Mattak14

Pretty stoked that I had 3/4 of theis, Collins, bazemore, and juancho in all of my lineups………too bad I had at least 2 of Plumlee, Clarkson, Murray, and markkanen in those same lineups

• Deltfish

Where’s it listed that Boban is starting?

• Wrx_guy

Lillard already outscored wall

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@mtdurham said...

C’mon now… nba players practically work 7 days a week during the season…. and there isnt much of an off-season….thats when they have to lift weights to replace all the muscle they lose over the season and rehab injuries….

They are paid for being finely tuned athletic machines.

Do they stress their bodies for 5 months…sure. But again, if that is your “job” you should be prepared for it.

There are many many many highly physical jobs in the world that aren’t paid 10% of what these guys make, but they can’t call out every 3 days!

Perhaps if they didn’t take 7 months off and continued keeping their bodies in shape during the off season, they wouldn’t struggle so much during the season.

And it isn’t like the action is non stop. With all the fouls stoppages, team time outs, tv time outs and other various stoppages, they are getting plenty of in game rest. Plus most of the players aren’t even playing 3/4 of the 48 minute game to begin with!

• Mattak14

Damn hell of a 1st quarter for nurk!

• yisman

NBA players are soft as hell.

• eskabor

@RandysCrow said...

They are paid for being finely tuned athletic machines.

Do they stress their bodies for 5 months…sure. But again, if that is your “job” you should be prepared for it.

There are many many many highly physical jobs in the world that aren’t paid 10% of what these guys make, but they can’t call out every 3 days!

Perhaps if they didn’t take 7 months off and continued keeping their bodies in shape during the off season, they wouldn’t struggle so much during the season.

And it isn’t like the action is non stop. With all the fouls stoppages, team time outs, tv time outs and other various stoppages, they are getting plenty of in game rest. Plus most of the players aren’t even playing 3/4 of the 48 minute game to begin with!

You’re smoking rock. You realize how much money they potentially lose risking a serious injury? You realize how hard it is to get to where they are vs the “highly physical jobs” random joes earning 10%?

• deepfat

Hate it when I don’t have any players in the late game. Currently sitting 15th in a $5 single entry and haven’t moved in a while. Scored 306 tonight so I’ll cash, just not as much as I’d like.

• tmarohl

@tmarohl said...

We should all send a message to FD that we are going to boycott until they get rid of this stupid drop the score and implement late swap.

I just sent one. sick of this shit.

• footballbutts

Honestly thought I had Theis in more than one lineup. Glad I had a share though.

• mtdurham

@Bradsh86 said...

How do you guys actually go about exposures? I use dfn..but I usually run a 4-5 man core group 100% in my 10 lineups, never really understood this “exposure” talk. I’m guessing yall use a different site.

Typically when discussing “exposure” it means you have found a player, a stock, or a type of investment that you don’t want to make a core play but you don’t want to get creamed if that player/stock/sector performs well.

If you’re a mutual fund manager in a typical fund you can’t just decide you’re not going to own any energy stocks or foreign bonds… so you select investments that give you “exposure” to that sector in case it rallies…

Generally, it implies that you are underweight the field on that sector, player, etc as a whole but that you recognize that a scenario may emerge where it does well and you don’t want to be left completely in the cold if it does

In DFS, Lebron looked like a bad play because of his price, matchup, and recent schedule (3 games in 4 days and a Back to back).. but with Ingram out and his recent elevated usage if you were playing 150 lineups you might decide that you need exposure to him in case he continues smashing…. again it implies that while you view him as far from a core play, you dont want all your lineups dead if he goes for the 70 FPS we all know he is capable of…

• deepfat

@tmarohl said...

It probably saved a lot of cash lineups that rolled Wall out tonight.

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

If Winslow gets me 40ish+ tonight I won’t wven be mad about Wall’s newborn playing for him tonight!

• Spartaca

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@deepfat said...

Not if they paired Wall with Richardson or Covington which was completely possible.

• byo34

Josh Richardson 24.9% in the $10 Showdown.

That’s 1,171 lineups dead in the water.. I like my chances a little better now!

• Spartaca

@eskabor said...

You’re smoking rock. You realize how much money they potentially lose risking a serious injury? You realize how hard it is to get to where they are vs the “highly physical jobs” random joes earning 10%?

What Randy said made perfect sense. You must be smoking rock if you think the general public cares, and they are soft, bottom line, let them go try playing hockey, rugby, soccer, etc… Most overpaid group of athletes across the board, look what Wall makes for being what top 100? An NFL lineman puts a lot more on the line for a lot less. #FuckTheNBA

• Spartaca

@byo34 said...

Josh Richardson 24.9% in the $10 Showdown.

That’s 1,171 lineups dead in the water.. I like my chances a little better now!

WOW

• deepfat

@RandysCrow said...

Not if they paired Wall with Richardson or Covington which was completely possible.

Very true. I had 100% Wall and that drop score worked out. Sucks if that happened to you. Sorry bro.

• tazfromoz

He’s 43% owned in the $3 showdown contest I entered!

• Spartaca

Towns 3 minutes 2 personal fouls.

• tmarohl

@deepfat said...

Seriously, if everyone on here who plays FD NBA sent support a message maybe they would listen.

• mtdurham

Jesus… i was in such a hurry to react to that Covington & Richardson news that I didnt even think about the impact it would have on KAT in the night turbo…. gross… he’s an awful play with D.Rose getting all those minutes obviously

Welp. Night basically over… jsut hope Bam smashes so i can break even with a big finish in tiers…

50 FPS would give me a great finish… 40 would get me even for the night i think

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).