NBA FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 6.5 ) at Charlotte ( -6.5 ) —- T: 200.5
    7:30 PM EST : Miami ( 13 ) at Cleveland ( -13 ) —- T: 210.
    7:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 0 ) at Boston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 3 ) at Milwaukee ( -3 ) —- T: 208
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -1 ) at Okla City ( 1 ) —- T: 224
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Minnesota ( 2.5 ) —- T: 204
    8:30 PM EST : Indiana ( -4.5 ) at Dallas ( 4.5 ) —- T: 200
    10:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 1.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -1.5 ) —- T: 217
    10:30 PM EST : NY Knicks ( 0 ) at Sacramento ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• DomTwan

Back on board the Harrison Barnes train tonight?

• S7ubs

@frugal said...

I realize sharing one’s core doesn’t affect overall winning percentages. I just don’t fully understand working as a team in terms of a contests in which the top place wins a vastly higher percentage of the pool than the rest of the winners. Like I said, I’m happy to offer value play ideas and the studs should be pretty easy to isolate. But as far as giving out 1/2 or more of the lineups I’m playing especially since I work off my own model…I just don’t see the point especially when it seems folks are very willing to pay for such research.

I think the reason few take down GPPs has little to do with this board and more to due with the influx of players, sites offering models to players who don’t know how to do their own research, and (specifically DK) rules shifting in favor of high bankroll players.

No one is asking for everyone’s research and or half their lineup. More or less better advice. It seems others have different agendas and throw out false information to gain a slight edge. By no means do I ever come in here asking for someone’s core. I pay 60 bucks a month for my model and do my own research. I’m talking in general.
    Any ways that was just my thought on the situation. Onto the games!

• traviswhite

Anyone like kemba walker tonight?

• csandbizzle

@tim51278 said...

Any word on stacking centers vs each other a good idea? Drummond vs KAT?

Stacking centers can be good in the right situation. Personally I think KAT is a little pricey for me regardless, but neither has been very efficient at stopping opposing centers this year.

• jeter2411

A Gordon, Dekker or J Green?

• skampdiddy

@ScofieldReturns said...

anyone else having trouble stacking harden/RWB in cash?

Yeah it’s tough. I manage to get Lou Will and Randle in as well, but everyone else is under 5k.

• ChalupaBatman

With Boogie and Soup both going against teams they dropped 60+ on last time, it seems easy enough to fade RW and not get too far behind if at all. Not just that, but PG’s going against him have done pretty damn well also: Recent fantasy points from PGs going against him.
    Schroder – 40 pts
    Wall – 47.5
    Rose – 44.75
    J. Nelson – 44.5

I’m really warming up to a Boogie Soup lineup with Patrick Beverly sprinkled on top.

• gav91183

@DomTwan said...

Anyone on Jonathan Gibson at min salary? Popping in my SG model

with Devin Harris back, he will be getting about 20 minutes now. Gibson got some early PT the other night against SAC, but that was because Deron got in early foul trouble and Carlisle went with Gibson. he got 28 minutes, but it was a 31 drumming by SAC. So bad, they had a post game film session… He takes his shots, good or bad. Prob worth 18-25 on dk …

Signed a Mavs fan

• killebrew1

@ScofieldReturns said...

anyone else having trouble stacking harden/RWB in cash?

Ya I also am afraid that not laying cousins will bite me… tough one

• clrockny24

anyone like Brandon Knight tonight?

• gav91183

@DomTwan said...

Back on board the Harrison Barnes train tonight?

I am… he had 6 turnovers the other night and missing wide open layups. that is out of his character.

• Chip403

I know his price is tricky right at 10k, but amazed no mentioning of the Greek Freak. Dude has a matchup tonight at home against Atlanta where he should be straight up money. Anyone on him tonight?

• pbnews

@gillio said...

Nobody talking about Tyson Chandler hmmm

I think he’s a solid pick, as long as Len doesn’t steal his sunshine…

• csandbizzle

@S7ubs said...

No one is asking for everyone’s research and or half their lineup. More or less better advice. It seems others have different agendas and throw out false information to gain a slight edge. By no means do I ever come in here asking for someone’s core. I pay 60 bucks a month for my model and do my own research. I’m talking in general.
    Any ways that was just my thought on the situation. Onto the games!

Right,

There’s what like 25-30 active posters in these threads daily. Lets say there’s 150-250 (which I think is maybe a bit generous) lurkers. It’s jsut irrational to think you’re going to cut into your edge with those kind of numbers.

When I throw out a name that I like, but seems to be contrarian in the this thread the responses help me analyze my own selections. Is this logical? Does another viewpoint make more sense? In addition we have fans of a couple of different teams in here. Personally I have league pass, but can only usually watch 2-3 games a night if I’m lucky. there are little things that fans can pick up on, like rotations, or why someones minutes were up or down in certain situations. Ideally that’s what his thread should be for.

Personally I’m never going to ask “What’s your core?” and subsequently I’m not going to say my core is x y z. There may be days when someone could infer my core from my postings, but the idea of someone piggybacking on my lineup like I’m some sort of titan of DFS is pretty laughable to me.

• gav91183

@Chip403 said...

I know his price is tricky right at 10k, but amazed no mentioning of the Greek Freak. Dude has a matchup tonight at home against Atlanta where he should be straight up money. Anyone on him tonight?

did a stack with him, RW and Whiteside

• JGun10

Not many people talking about these guys I like tonight; Millsap going against that “stellar” defense of J. Parker. T. Chandler is cheap and facing the Lakers suspect bigs. T. Thompson with no Frye and maybe no Love going up against Whiteside. He will need to be on the court to matchup with Whiteside and also D.Howard just went off against Heat. We already know Whiteside defense is all about getting blocks from help side, leaves plenty of putbacks and rebounds for Thompson.

• csandbizzle

@pbnews said...

I know..it’s up… to me

• gav91183

@pbnews said...

he’s been garbage lately and fouled out in 2 straight

• gav91183

@csandbizzle said...

Right,

There’s what like 25-30 active posters in these threads daily. Lets say there’s 150-250 (which I think is maybe a bit generous) lurkers. It’s jsut irrational to think you’re going to cut into your edge with those kind of numbers.

When I throw out a name that I like, but seems to be contrarian in the this thread the responses help me analyze my own selections. Is this logical? Does another viewpoint make more sense? In addition we have fans of a couple of different teams in here. Personally I have league pass, but can only usually watch 2-3 games a night if I’m lucky. there are little things that fans can pick up on, like rotations, or why someones minutes were up or down in certain situations. Ideally that’s what his thread should be for.

Personally I’m never going to ask “What’s your core?” and subsequently I’m not going to say my core is x y z. There may be days when someone could infer my core from my postings, but the idea of someone piggybacking on my lineup like I’m some sort of titan of DFS is pretty laughable to me.

applause couldnt agree more.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

Beverly will hold RWB to about 50 ish point tonight. Gotta play Cousins all the way.

• lovetohate

I usually know all the nicknames but who is soup…..

Lou will is 6100 had a average game against Houston but is going against phx. Might bite on him and hope he balls out with all the Lakers injuries

• aguigno

@frugal said...

Be careful there. Barnes starts at PF for Dallas and is averaging 37 MPG.

——————————-

• Chip403

@gav91183 said...

did a stack with him, RW and Whiteside

Nice..was trying to do a RW/Freak/Boogie stack but almost impossible to pull off unless I’m throwing darts in terms of hoping to get value at other positions where it would be better off to pay off of either one of Giannis or Cousins.

• ChalupaBatman

Giannis Antetokounmpo = Alphabet Soup, or Soup for short.

• RobertoTomba

@DomTwan said...

Anyone on Jonathan Gibson at min salary? Popping in my SG model

Not sure why he’d show up on your model, other than Indy having a bad D against PGs. Gibson seems to be getting minutes, but not doing much with them. It seems that the Mavs are going to get as much as they can out of Deron before he gets hurt again. But, once he does, I’m absolutely going to look for Gibson.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).