7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 13.5 ) at Boston ( -13.5 ) —- T: 216
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -5 ) at Chicago ( 5 ) —- T: 214
    8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 12 ) at Houston ( -12 ) —- T: 229
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 12 ) at Milwaukee ( -12 ) —- T: 219
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 2 ) at New Orleans ( -2 ) —- T: 226.5
    9:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 8.5 ) at Utah ( -8.5 ) —- T: 212.5
    9:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 3 ) at Golden State ( -3 ) —- T: 218.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@Ace15 said...

Lol, this sounds funny, tell more. Did u just tilt like crazy on the fourm that MODS banned you?

Taj Gibson broke the slate.
    I came in here full of whine and vinegar cursing every person who dared to fade Taj Gibson and used some choice homophobic and ethnic slurs to boot.
    Then, when they did boot me and since I followed most of them on twitter, I went there to let them have it some more.

And don’t get me wrong…that was just the straw that broke the camel’s back.

But, those were back in my conservative days.
    I’m all better now.

• Njsum1

It’s funny how when news is Limited we get 2 pages On trying to figure out who will benefit from a matchup now likely to blowout between 2 slow pace teams.

However, I’d agree with @frugal, it seems likely Shai benefits. Yet still, he’s the king of the empty stat line, and the matchup is Meh. Utah a is a much better matchup than years past, so he’s worth some limited exposure, I guess, though I’m not enthused.

• dame_face_420

Who tf is Ironhead lol

• Njsum1

@dame_face_420 said...

Who tf is Ironhead lol

• telestraightshooter

@Njsum1 said...

Utah a is a much better matchup than years past,

and their best back court defender,Conley, is out.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@dame_face_420 said...

Who tf is Ironhead lol

Hayward.

• feekdogg

I think Harrell is stupid play at his price on FD (7600), but I’m going to do it anyway.

• badtrip

I turn 50 today.

• monarch

Are we worried about Brogdon with a hand injury? Do we think if he starts that it will affect his shooting to the point where we wouldn’t want any?

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@badtrip said...

I turn 50 today.

Happy Birthday. I hope everyone in your line up scores 50 for you.

• DC2380

@badtrip said...

I turn 50 today.

Happy Birthday!

• Yeoman

Since I’ve been watching Bazley play since he was 13 or so (he lived in my old neighborhood and went to my HS for two years), I suppose I should weigh in…

He played on a terrible high school team his sophomore year…where by terrible I mean we went 0-21 the next year, after he transferred away. The competition wasn’t all that great either, mostly small suburban public schools. He could have been Babe Ruth in a Babe Ruth league if he wanted…but he preferred instead to keep his teammates involved. The only games he really let himself go were the couple of times we played teams with potential D1 prospects. He’s unselfish to a fault; I don’t think he’s ever going to be a high usage player no matter how well he develops.

But it occurs to me that this works in reverse, too. He blends in, plays basically the same no matter who he’s with or against. He’ll probably end up with the same usage rate with the starters that he has with the second team. He’s unlikely ever to truly go off, but if he gets 30 minutes I can’t believe he won’t pay off a minimum salary.

The more important comment I have is that he’s long and quick and he’s got an effective closeout. He’s a better defender than Gallinari and a ding to Bojan’s value if that’s the assignment he draws.

(Which of course means Bojan’s dropping 40 tonight so I can look maximally stupid; that’s how this forum thing works.)

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Everything you need to know about tonight’s slate. Including why Ironhead is the man.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/mike-s-musings-3227538

• monarch

Bazley sounds a lot like DFS in high school and probably a slightly higher upside version in the NBA

• gaelicgirl

@badtrip said...

I turn 50 today.

Now it gets fun, happy birthday!

• JSteele

@monarch said...

Bazley sounds a lot like DFS in high school and probably a slightly higher upside version in the NBA

Bazley is decent, if he gets the run he can get like a low double double 10 pts 10 rebs or so. At 3k it’s worth a shot.

• monarch

I wonder if the Bucks toy with the Magic kinda like the Rockets do with most teams so the starters can finally get a full compliment of minutes. A really low owned ABC for 70+?

• damionismyname

@dame_face_420 said...

Who tf is Ironhead lol

Used to be a rb for saints in the 90s called ironhead Heyward and now his son cam plays for Steelers, Cam Heyward but somehow a skinny white guy took his birth rite…lol

• Ace15

@monarch said...

I wonder if the Bucks toy with the Magic kinda like the Rockets do with most teams so the starters can finally get a full compliment of minutes.

No, that’s not us. We will put the Magic down early and they will stay down. We’re on a misson this year.

• Yeoman

@monarch said...

That’s a reasonable comparison. Or Robert Covington, maybe, if his career goes well.

• monarch

@Ace15 said...

No, that’s not us. We will put the Magic down early and they will stay down. We’re on a misson this year.

You kinda sound like a fan lol so you may carry some bias. Anyways the Bucks won’t always beat everyone by 40 or whatever that’s not how sports work. The Magic are on three days rest, perhaps it wouldn’t be the worst idea to have some exposure to the best FPPM player on the slate

• Ace15

@monarch said...

worst idea to have some exposure to the best FPPM player on the slate

Haha yeas am a fan. Anything can happen I do have shares of Giannis in case things stay close, but I 100% expect a blowout again. Not 40pts but 15+, we’re playing solid ball right now.

• mbunner23

@NoLimits0 said...

They won’t but
    1 they are +EV in average
    2 even if they don’t win you the GPP for most people it’ll help them win more then if they did everything on their own
    3 most importantly it helps explain huge concentrated ownership. Whether good or bad it’s the reason you see enourmous ownership like on Derrick jones, Svi, Bonga, Mudiay but also the good picks like Reddish, Ish Smith, etc.

On average most people will use it since it’s supposed to help more than hurt.

This is why Hayward should be higher owned in cash vs higher stakes GPP vs lowest stake GPP in that order. More optimizers (since most pros use this) are being used in cash vs higher stakes GPP vs lowest stake GPP. Hence why I see like the heavy GPP like the 500 and 2k ones will see an even higher Hayward than the 4 dollar one.

Have you ever thought that….wait for it….

The best plays are the best plays and that’s why they’re highly owned?? It doesn’t take a genius to understand Hayward at 3,000 is going to be chalk and for good reason, not a damn thing to do with optimizers. My wife could probably spot that play…

Crazy, I know right??!!

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@damionismyname said...

Used to be a rb for saints in the 90s called ironhead Heyward and now his son cam plays for Steelers, Cam Heyward but somehow a skinny white guy took his birth rite…lol

Yes!
    He was a Pitt Panther too!

I quote from Wikipedia “One of the NFL’s best “big man” running backs in the vein of Earl Campbell, Heyward, at 5’ 11” and reportedly weighing 340 pounds, was a punishing runner who was also a devastating blocker and good receiver. Heyward slimmed down to closer to 280.”

• Yeoman

@JSteele said...

Bazley is decent, if he gets the run he can get like a low double double 10 pts 10 rebs or so. At 3k it’s worth a shot.

I don’t really see 10 rebounds in him but you can add two or three blocks/steals in there which gets you to the same place.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).