7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( -5.5 ) at Brooklyn ( 5.5 ) —- T: 202.5
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 7 ) at Atlanta ( -7 ) —- T: 200
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 9.5 ) at Okla City ( -9.5 ) —- T: 221.5
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 1 ) at New Orleans ( -1 ) —- T: 201
    8:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 16.5 ) at San Antonio ( -16.5 ) —- T: 202.5
    9:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 4 ) at Utah ( -4 ) —- T: 193.5
    9:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -5.5 ) at Denver ( 5.5 ) —- T: 207
    10:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 0 ) at Sacramento ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Ibleedblue1

@CantCatchABreak99 said...

Highlight the column by clicking on the column header. Go to the Home tab and then select the Sort & Filter command at the top, usually on the far right. You can choose highest to lowest or the reverse.

Brilliant. Thanks and it is DFS related.

• Sportsfan12

westbrook or durant if only picking one?

also wall has been shooting awful but salvaging his lines- what do you guys think of him tonight? peripherals enough for a big game?

• Philito12

@thedkexperience said...

I love how everyone is focused on Hill and Turner. There are other games and players you could choose. You aren’t required to take 2 bigs against Cleveland.

This time tomorrow there will be a post from someone that reads, “Glad everyone was focused on Hill and Turner while (fill in the blank player) was the obvious choice!”

PREACH! Between K Loves defending and this Turner/Hill debate, exhausting! I hope someone posts their entire LU soon so we can switch topics to more exposure on Clyde Drexler and Moses Malone.

• AdrianxBeatason

@Fbnkspdx said...

Love Boban! He’s been a great value play for me many times and tonight looks to be a big one. Can’t believe he’s not played more.

hes just so damn risky… if he gets minutes he will hit value for sure… but ive played him a couple times where he got 5 mins which killed my lineups those times.

• frugal

Anyone suggest Kevin Love is a good defender is relying way too much on the wrong advanced stats and isn’t really familiar with his game play. We can take a look at opponents FG% against Love and see across the board players are shooting better than their average FG% against Love:

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201567/tracking/defense/

If you need it visually, take a look at the following articles with animated gifs:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/1/14/7545511/kevin-love-defense-cavaliers-suns-markieff-morris-synergy-sports

http://www.businessinsider.com/spurs-exposed-weakness-in-cavaliers-2016-1

• CantCatchABreak99

@AdrianxBeatason said...

hes just so damn risky… if he gets minutes he will hit value for sure… but ive played him a couple times where he got 5 mins which killed my lineups those times.

When you say “killed your lineup” if you are relying on your punt to get you above the cash line, then I would submit that you are “doing it wrong” . . . Your punts should be played to help you “win” a GPP (if we are talking GPP. I can’t imagine you would use such a risky play in a cash game). Your lineups should be constructed such that a punt like Boban wouldn’t knock you out of the cash as much as it would put you in prime position to win a GPP. Only your high-priced guys not hitting value should ruin your lineups. JUST my two cents. Others may see it differently.

• Sixersfan

@frugal said...

Anyone suggest Kevin Love is a good defender is relying way too much on the wrong advanced stats and isn’t really familiar with his game play. We can take a look at opponents FG% against Love and see across the board players are shooting better than their average FG% against Love:

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201567/tracking/defense/

If you need it visually, take a look at the following articles with animated gifs:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/1/14/7545511/kevin-love-defense-cavaliers-suns-markieff-morris-synergy-sports

http://www.businessinsider.com/spurs-exposed-weakness-in-cavaliers-2016-1

Agreed. I think the reason for so much Hill and Turner talk is because Love has to be defending ONE of those two. So whoever Love is defending, good game for Turner or Hill.

• Sportsfan12

best website to find teams paces?

• Cityworkout

If Boogie is out do you prefer WCS and Turner over Gordon in FD cash?

• Bellest

@Ibleedblue1 said...

I just printed out my Fanduel history for the past 3 weeks. It is in excel format. Anyone know how to make it where I can see the scores for each contest listed from highest to lowest. Excel newb here.

If all the scores are in the same column, use ctrl A to select all, then go to the data menu, select sort and sort by the column your scores are in.

• AdrianxBeatason

When you say “killed your lineup” if you are relying on your punt to get you above the cash line, then I would submit that you are “doing it wrong” . . . Your punts should be played to help you “win” a GPP (if we are talking GPP. I can’t imagine you would use such a risky play in a cash game). Your lineups should be constructed such that a punt like Boban wouldn’t knock you out of the cash as much as it would put you in prime position to win a GPP. Only your high-priced guys not hitting value should ruin your lineups. JUST my two cents. Others may see it differently.

I’m not referring to cash. I’m referring to GPP where when you hit above 340 every point will jump you hundreds of dollars in the standings… who would ever use boban in cash.

• frugal

@Sixersfan said...

Agreed. I think the reason for so much Hill and Turner talk is because Love has to be defending ONE of those two. So whoever Love is defending, good game for Turner or Hill.

Both are risky IMHO. At the same price on DK, I’d tale Zaza over Turner. However, tail end of a B2B has me slightly worried.

• thedkexperience

I don’t care how much you cost. If I can’t envision a realistic scenario where someone can’t score 30 points, I’m not playing that person. Every day there are people listed for under 5k that can get you 30. Bad punt selection is very under rated.

For what it’s worth I’d much rather a 12k player only get me 40 than a 3500 player only get me 8.

• tristanwolf

@Sportsfan12 said...

westbrook or durant if only picking one?

also wall has been shooting awful but salvaging his lines- what do you guys think of him tonight? peripherals enough for a big game?

durant, wash dvp terrible vs sf

• GGee87

@jimmyd1507 said...

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/3/8338409/willie-cauley-stein-defense-nba-draft-2015

No big man has ever recorded a quicker time in the lane agility drill, which assesses body control and change of direction ability. And with a 147-inch maximum vertical reach, few bigs even come close to Cauley-Stein’s length.

Are we watching the same person?

I was waiting on someone to point this out. He was touted for his lateral agility coming into the league. That was like the MAIN reason he was drafted so highly. Lol

• vacaylife

@jenkins2010 said...

using westbrook/durant/davis in my gpp lineup…thinking about using biyombo instead of hill tonight at C..thoughts?

sounds like we have identical line ups g im at the same crossroad. hill or biyombi

• CantCatchABreak99

@AdrianxBeatason said...

who would ever use boban in cash.

I believe I said that in my post.

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

saying you can’t play a guy like Boban in cash just doesn’t make any sense to me. It’s about total points, not getting a certain amount from every position…

Say I play Durant and Boban for $14,1000 (what some people would say is only a thing to do in tournaments), and Durant goes nuts for 65 and Boban stinks and gets 5… that’s 70 points.

If I take a more “cash game centered” approach, I can go with Gallinari and Monroe for that same $14,100. If they both hit their average that’s about the same 70 points. Who cares how you get there?

• CantCatchABreak99

@thedkexperience said...

I don’t care how much you cost. If I can’t envision a realistic scenario where someone can’t score 30 points, I’m not playing that person. Every day there are people listed for under 5k that can get you 30. Bad punt selection is very under rated.

For what it’s worth I’d much rather a 12k player only get me 40 than a 3500 player only get me 8.

While technically we are talking about a player under 5K, what we are really talking about is a player who, for the most part, as been at or under $3500. No, there are not players at or under $3500 on the board every day who can get you 30 fps.

• Ibleedblue1

@thedkexperience said...

Beating my dead horse … 5x is the new 4x. 6x is the new 5x. If you’re gunning for 300 on FD in the current environment you’re going to fail. Aim for 360 and hope for the best. If you get a random night where 280 is the cash line, congrats! You just got lucky.

Do you play on FD? These are my January 4th – January 31st numbers in almost 600 contests entered. All GPP, no cash. Every contest I play is the Swat or the Shot ($1 or $2) I am going to break it down by 10 point intervalls except obvious things

350+ = 3 all cashed
    340-350 = 3 all cashed
    330-340 = 2 all cashed
    320-330 = 6/8 cashed
    310-320 = 13/14 cashed
    300-310 = 11/21 cashed
    290-300 = 33/61 cashed
    280-290 = 24/61

A handful of scores lower than that but I am not counting that many (my lowest winning score was 259.3 though).

My point is I think your reasoning is completely off base wanting to average 6x instead of 5x. An average night of everyone hitting value would give a success rate of 65.18%. If someone cashes that often just hitting 5x value do you not think they would be very happy with that?

My math and thinking could be all wrong but I just play this for fun to pass the time at night when I am not hitting video poker machines so if I could be guaranteed 300 FD every night after doing what little research I do I would love it.

Totaled up I entered $905 and winnings were $1814.29 (thank you January 9th)

• Digglesauce

@thedkexperience said...

For what it’s worth 75% of my roster construction time is based purely on finding the 9 best potential punts of the day.

This

• Digglesauce

@superbuckwild said...

In my opinion Kevin Love is one of the worst defenders at his position.

Agreed he’s been terrible for many years

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

Jordan Hill or Nene?? For a CASH GAME.

• dominicanpapi

So w/Nelson out, any thoughts on Mudiay? I’ve got him plugged in just about every lineup, matchup is tough but implied total is high and the spread is close enough that I could see him hitting value.

• bucherpsu08

@jon2anderson said...

saying you can’t play a guy like Boban in cash just doesn’t make any sense to me. It’s about total points, not getting a certain amount from every position…

Say I play Durant and Boban for $14,1000 (what some people would say is only a thing to do in tournaments), and Durant goes nuts for 65 and Boban stinks and gets 5… that’s 70 points.

If I take a more “cash game centered” approach, I can go with Gallinari and Monroe for that same $14,100. If they both hit their average that’s about the same 70 points. Who cares how you get there?

The total floor of Gallinari and Monroe is about 10 points higher than that of Boban and Durant. That’s why it’s a safer cash game option.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).