8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 5 ) at Cleveland ( -5 ) — T: 223.5
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 10 ) at Milwaukee ( -10 ) — T: 235
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -5 ) at Oklahoma City ( 5 ) — T: 224.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 3.5 ) at Chicago ( -3.5 ) — T: 218.5
    8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 3.5 ) at New Orleans ( -3.5 ) — T: 232.5
    8:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 3 ) at San Antonio ( -3 ) — T:
    8:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 1 ) at Dallas ( -1 ) — T:
    9:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 9.5 ) at Denver ( -9.5 ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

New month, new opportunities to take one down!
    Note to board, I will not be playing Draymond Green this month unless his price drops to about 4300 on FD and about 4100 on DK. Carry on.

• deepfat

My switch to cash games only has been extremely profitable over the last two weeks. I just can’t seem to find the one or two plays needed in GPPs that make no sense pre-lock that somehow go off that you need to take a tournament down. Slow and steady wins the race.

• tmarohl

@deepfat said...

My switch to cash games only has been extremely profitable in the last two weeks. I just can’t seem to find the one or two plays needed in GPPs that make no sense pre-lock that somehow go off that you need to take a tournament down. Slow and steady wins the race.

I play cash very rarely. If you are trying to build a bank roll, you are probably right. Cash just doesn’t excite me. Need the thrill of winning something big. It is much harder than it was a few years ago. The volume I play, if I hit a couple 5K or a 10K cash per year, I’m good.

• deepfat

@tmarohl said...

I play cash very rarely. If you are trying to build a bank roll, you are probably right. Cash just doesn’t excite me. Need the thrill of winning something big. It is much harder than it was a few years ago. The volume I play, if I hit a couple 5K or a 10K cash per year, I’m good.

I couldn’t imagine having that standard in GPPs. A couple? Holy shyte. 400+ pts to take down a GPP tonight. That’s nuts.

• tmarohl

@deepfat said...

I couldn’t imagine having that standard in GPPs. A couple? Holy shyte. 400+ pts to take down a GPP tonight. That’s nuts.

You play every day, you are bound to hit one eventually. Like I said, entering a 10 dollar double up doesn’t excite me. The thrill is in placing high in a GPP.

• deepfat

@tmarohl said...

You play every day, you are bound to hit one eventually. Like I said, entering a 10 dollar double up doesn’t excite me. The thrill is in placing high in a GPP.

I get it. I’ve hit a couple sizable GPPs in golf and I know the feeling. The margin for error is miniscule in NBA DFS.

• tmarohl

Yep, my biggest wins were in 2016 and 2017. I think my biggest one lately was about 5K in August bubble play.

• Supersharpie

Interesting discussion. I only play GPP, with the expectation I am probably going to lose a few Gs most years. My entries are part of my entertainment budget. I view my entries as lotto tickets, with better odds of cashing and winning the jackpot.

• Ndepompei

I hope my day to hit is today in the $888 lol

• Alvance83

@tmarohl said...

I find there is a smaller cash/gpp winning number difference then ever before. Since min cash in gpp is essentially a double up, I love the upside, I’m with you tmarohl. This dk im talking.

• Barnabus

@Alvance83 said...

I find there is a smaller cash/gpp winning number difference then ever before. Since min cash in gpp is essentially a double up, I love the upside, I’m with you tmarohl. This dk im talking.

Same here, cash games hardly seem easier and once you’ve won a few tournaments it’s hard to go back to the double ups

• moped_jones

@deepfat said...

My switch to cash games only has been extremely profitable over the last two weeks. I just can’t seem to find the one or two plays needed in GPPs that make no sense pre-lock that somehow go off that you need to take a tournament down. Slow and steady wins the race.

I keep wanting to do this. I have some success then go right back to the $100k first prize FD ($3) game and lose all my gains.

I have today off and am playing four $3 lineups. Actually going to try and do some real research.

cheap players I like: Garland, Quickley, and Zeller.

Might do one stud + balanced.

• dominicanpapi

Few early thoughts:

Drummond is $200 cheaper than he was on FD last night and it’s the exact same matchup. Again, it seems like 28 minutes is his ceiling but he played 33 last night. I think Garland and Sexton are fine to get back to

Might be the first time I’m actively trying to play Lebron.

Really like Barrett and Randle tonight.

KP at 7K is enticing.

Not really sure what to make of the potential Adams news. I hope he plays so I don’t have to make that decision to play Hayes and use my one center spot.

• superjon

Not going near Hayes if Adams is out.

• monarch

I always make it a point to play Lonzo vs Deaaron Fox. As an anti narrative guy Lonzo gets up for this game as sort of a way to prove he is not total dust in comparison.

• Brendan239

Buddy Hield revenge game? LaMelo if Rozier sits? Quickly? 25 real points 2 games in a row now playing Chi? Monte Morris near lock w injuries? Daniel House gonna get 28-30 minutes? Bob Covington? Brooke Lopez

• scorer79

@superjon said...

Adams being limited is better news if you want to roster Hayes. I agree it’s scary if he rolls with the starters but against Holmes he has the advantage, or they may do like Toronto and put him out against Whiteside for his size.

• Bodiaz36

If Adams is out, I’ll just load up on more Zion and Ingram.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

Nice! Excellent 8’s contest tonight. Good thing I’m in terrible form. I can only go up from here

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@superjon said...

Why?

• feekdogg

Why did DeRozan dud so bad against Memphis last time out?

• Bodiaz36

DDR has dudded multiple times this year. Hasn’t been very consistent, which is surprising to me as I always thought of him having a solid floor. I will have some shares tonight, price has come down and is due for a big game

• superjon

@theIrrigator said...

Why?

Because I think his ceiling is 30-35.

I know that’s 10x, but I don’t think it does me any good if someone in that 5k-8k range goes off for 50+

• bazerko

If Adams is out, wouldn’t this setup nicely for Holmes since the Pelicans won’t be as good defending the paint?

• Supersharpie

@superjon said...

Because I think his ceiling is 30-35.

I know that’s 10x, but I don’t think it does me any good if someone in that 5k-8k range goes off for 50+

But using him allows you to have more guys on the upper end of that tier in your lus, who more reliably go off for 50+ than those on the lower end. Every guy doesn’t need to go for 50 to take down a GPP.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).