8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 5 ) at Cleveland ( -5 ) — T: 223.5
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 10 ) at Milwaukee ( -10 ) — T: 235
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -5 ) at Oklahoma City ( 5 ) — T: 224.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 3.5 ) at Chicago ( -3.5 ) — T: 218.5
    8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 3.5 ) at New Orleans ( -3.5 ) — T: 232.5
    8:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 3 ) at San Antonio ( -3 ) — T:
    8:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 1 ) at Dallas ( -1 ) — T:
    9:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 9.5 ) at Denver ( -9.5 ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

In toeing the 50/50 line and big 0 next to Barton. SMH

• tmarohl

@Epignosis said...

That’s a dangerous cognitive bias. They aren’t “your winnings” until all of the games have concluded and you get your payout. Sweat if you like, but don’t make bad roster decisions based on tip off times.

Yes, but typically the last game also has good plays. Might be a little different this year because of Covid, but historically those west coast games were gold mines. Tonight, you had a lot of value in those late games, as well as several revenge narratives. Barton cheap, Morris cheap. You have the Joker. You had Plumlee and Grant revenge, etc.

• gaelicgirl

@Kush said...

And Bagley just got tossed for his 2nd T. Terrible call on the foul, and worse judgement to give him a 2nd T there. Brutal. Never touched Zion, didn’t cuss at the ref…I’m not sure that’s even a T in CBB. SMH

Bagley’s had 2 Ts in his entire career up until tonight, when he gets 2 in one game. I’m reading it was the rookie ref, so it must’ve been John Conley. Rookie refs are out of control this season.

• BBWC_10

Lonzo having ZERO rebounds is a major downer

• marker0357

NBA is a hot mess. It’s absolutely ridiculous that results are not known well before tip off. If it’s that damn hard, try testing a wee bit earlier Friggin’ morons.

• gaelicgirl

@Epignosis said...

They aren’t “your winnings” until all of the games have concluded and you get your payout.

Semantics. Go figure, from an English teacher.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Yes, but typically the last game also has good plays. Might be a little different this year because of Covid, but historically those west coast games were gold mines. Tonight, you had a lot of value in those late games, as well as several revenge narratives. Barton cheap, Morris cheap. You have the Joker. You had Plumlee and Grant revenge, etc.

I understand. Later games do tend to have more attractive prospects long term.

But religiously selecting players based on a time zone isn’t sound strategy.

I propose this: Take a slate and reverse it chronologically. Make the first game last and the last game first (that’s almost biblical). How does that alter your lineup construction?

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@gaelicgirl said...

Semantics. Go figure, from an English teacher.

That’s not semantics. I’m pretty sure I didn’t take home the $2,000 I was winning the other day when I ended up with something significantly less when it was all over.

• tmarohl

DJ Wilson, Jordan Nwora and Sam Merrill sightings.

• monarch

Malik Monk hit his 9th three to force overtime. This slate is comical

• BBWC_10

OT helps in the Mia/Cha game….. Got Ball/Zeller/Butler need some FPTS!!!

• jcotdl

@BobbyTheBrain said...

If your not a shark you will go broke and ruin your life

Single Entry seems less likely to ‘ruin my life’ than some of my other vices, or my wife.. I also don’t believe DFS is broken- but I do think it needs some more stringent standards..

• Dfspacman

My Monk play wasted thanks to the nuggets game postponed

• Calicapo

Can my man Roby eat, please?

• Kush

@gaelicgirl said...

Bagley’s had 2 Ts in his entire career up until tonight, when he gets 2 in one game. I’m reading it was the rookie ref, so it must’ve been John Conley. Rookie refs are out of control this season.

You’re right, it was a rookie ref. I didn’t see the first T, but I saw the 2nd. That ref simply HAS to use better judgement. Bagley jumped around a little in disbelief at the terrible foul call, but c’mon..you can’t toss him outta the game there. He didn’t say a word, that I could tell.

It was almost as bad as that T Joey Crawford gave Tim Duncan for laughing while he was on the bench, lol.

Malik Monk is unconscious, btw. (34 pts)

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Epignosis said...

That’s not semantics. I’m pretty sure I didn’t take home the $2,000 I was winning the other day when I ended up with something significantly less when it was all over.

Are you saying you lost the $2000, because you didn’t have any late night hammers?

• gaelicgirl

@Epignosis said...

That’s not semantics.

He obviously meant potential winnings.

• dopeshushi61

RG Overall Ranking

I’m pretty sure any rosters that don’t win that also have players from the postponed game will be refunded

• tmarohl

@Epignosis said...

I understand. Later games do tend to have more attractive prospects long term.

But religiously selecting players based on a time zone isn’t sound strategy.

I propose this: Take a slate and reverse it chronologically. Make the first game last and the last game first (that’s almost biblical). How does that alter your lineup construction?

I can typically find someone in the last game that I like, so that isn’t really a legitimate question. Now if there is a really bad game and no decent plays, I will forgo the late night hammer, just don’t like doing it. For instance, I am not going to play a crappy player like Draymond Green just because he is in the late game.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Are you saying you lost the $2000, because you didn’t have any late night hammers?

I was never winning it to begin with because all the games had not concluded. I was being facetious to emphasize my original point.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Stop, Hammer Time.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@gaelicgirl said...

He obviously meant potential winnings.

I can’t buy things with potential winnings.

• SpudCrowley

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

Buddy Hield keeps chunking 3’s, I’ll give him credit for that. Even if he is 4/14, and 4/15 from the field.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@tmarohl said...

I can typically find someone in the last game that I like, so that isn’t really a legitimate question. Now if there is a really bad game and no decent plays, I will forgo the late night hammer, just don’t like doing it. For instance, I am not going to play a crappy player like Draymond Green just because he is in the late game.

That’s fair. If you usually like someone in the late games, cool.

I’m just talking about the psychological requirement of late games. It’s the opposite of stacking the early games to get a huge jump in the beginning. Both strategies are inherently flawed for the same reasons.

• tmarohl

Maybe I should phrase it differently. I don’t like watching the dollar amounts I am currently winning, drop like a rock when I am not still climbing.

Nothing worse than be placing high in a contest, seeing a big number on your screen, and watch it shrink down to a minimum cash. Might be a psychological thing, but I would rather have hope, which is what the late night hammer provides me.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).