8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 5 ) at Cleveland ( -5 ) — T: 223.5
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 10 ) at Milwaukee ( -10 ) — T: 235
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -5 ) at Oklahoma City ( 5 ) — T: 224.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 3.5 ) at Chicago ( -3.5 ) — T: 218.5
    8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 3.5 ) at New Orleans ( -3.5 ) — T: 232.5
    8:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 3 ) at San Antonio ( -3 ) — T:
    8:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 1 ) at Dallas ( -1 ) — T:
    9:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 9.5 ) at Denver ( -9.5 ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• jcotdl

@Epignosis said...

I can’t buy things with potential winnings.

Have you tried Top Shot? lol

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Epignosis said...

I was never winning it to begin with because all the games had not concluded. I was being facetious to emphasize my original point.

Yes you were winning it. You just hadn’t won it.

If a team is leading 75-70 are they not “winning” at that time regardless of outcome?

Point is, the majority of the time the winning line up(s) feature at least a player from the last game. It just is what it is. Doesn’t matter the reason.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Maybe I should phrase it differently. I don’t like watching the dollar amounts I am currently winning, drop like a rock when I am not still climbing.

Nothing worse than be placing high in a contest, seeing a big number on your screen, and watch it shrink down to a minimum cash. Might be a psychological thing, but I would rather have hope, which is what the late night hammer provides me.

But you only got that high number in the first place because you played the people you played in the earlier games.

Otherwise you’d be sweating a minimum cash anyway.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Yes you were winning it. You just hadn’t won it.

If a team is leading 75-70 are they not “winning” at that time regardless of outcome?

Point is, the majority of the time the winning line up(s) feature at least a player from the last game. It just is what it is. Doesn’t matter the reason.

If you are in the Milly Maker and one minute in, you are first place alone, can you credibly say you are winning a million dollars?

Nah.

• damionismyname

@tmarohl said...

https://twitter.com/JonKellyDFS/status/1356430518905163776/photo/1

Hopefully FD does the same

my lineups tonight were hot garbage anyways so this actually saved me.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

I appreciate that move to draw me into a semantic argument though, Panda.

• gravitymaze

Hardest thing about playing NBA DFS is…you DON’T know who will be playing the game.

• gaelicgirl

@Kush said...

You’re right, it was a rookie ref. I didn’t see the first T, but I saw the 2nd. That ref simply HAS to use better judgement.

There should be a rule that rookie refs aren’t allowed to give techs period, much less ones that result in ejections. The rookie that tossed Draymond because he thought he was yelling at him is a perfect example. Kerr and teammates explained to him that Draymond was addressing Wiseman. The crew chief told Kerr that it was a mistake, and the NBA rescinded the tech. But Draymond wasn’t allowed to come back into the game.

At the very least, tech calls should be reviewable so things like that don’t happen.

• BBWC_10

OT in New Orleans would be appreciated.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

For instance, I am not going to play a crappy player like Draymond Green just because he is in the late game.

Just had to go there, didn’t you? LOL

• LetsCash

Anybody roster Nasir Little…

Congratulations

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #75

RG Tiered Ranking

@damionismyname said...

https://twitter.com/JonKellyDFS/status/1356430518905163776

Hope FD does the same chose them over DK tonight

• damionismyname

@LetsCash said...

Anybody roster Nasir Little…

Congratulations

Sure did…with Jokic, Barton and Morris to go…

• tmarohl

@Epignosis said...

But you only got that high number in the first place because you played the people you played in the earlier games.

Otherwise you’d be sweating a minimum cash anyway.

I’m not one of those people that sets my lineups and goes to bed and wakes up to see how they did. I follow every game from the opening tip until the buzzer sounds on the last game. Knowing you were placing high, and watching it slip away because you don’t have anyone still playing, is tough mentally for me. So whenever I can, I have a late hammer. Last week, I had one that was winning 5K until the last 10 minutes of the Golden State game. Ended up falling to 13th. I just hate that feeling. I like climbing the leader board rather than falling down it. I am also a person that will put my late slate lines into the main slate pretty often, because I have found my late night lineups often score higher than my main slate lineups.

Quickley-Fever!

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Just had to go there, didn’t you? LOL

Yes, because you know how much I like to tease you. I started this thread out last night with a February proclamation that I would not play Dray in February until his price dropped to $4300 on FD and $4,100 on DK. I may have to raise those prices slightly over the next week now that Wiseman is out.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@tmarohl said...

I’m not one of those people that sets my lineups and goes to bed and wakes up to see how they did. I follow every game from the opening tip until the buzzer sounds on the last game. Knowing you were placing high, and watching it slip away because you don’t have anyone still playing, is tough mentally for me. So whenever I can, I have a late hammer. Last week, I had one that was winning 5K until the last 10 minutes of the Golden State game. Ended up falling to 13th. I just hate that feeling. I like climbing the leader board rather than falling down it. I am also a person that will put my late slate lines into the main slate pretty often, because I have found my late night lineups often score higher than my main slate lineups.

Good luck to you friend. I don’t agree with your strategy, but I support your right to play the way you please. I had fun with our discussion too.

• maddysdaddy0914

@gravitymaze said...

Hardest thing about playing NBA DFS is…you DON’T know who will be playing the game.

Hardest thing is you don’t know which games will play.

• Brendan239

What did I miss w the Det/Aden game? Why’s everyone got 0?

• Golfnut04240

Not having Barton hurts. He wasn’t as chalky as I thought he would be.

• LetsCash

De’Aaron Fox apparently REALLY doesn’t like Lonzo

Look at this stat line…

38 pts 4 rbds 12 asts 1 stl

Good Grief!!

• land_of_the_lock

The lineups without Detroit and Denver players have moved ahead of my otherwise good lineups, now. Cool… I guess.

• zline34

@Brendan239 said...

What did I miss w the Det/Aden game? Why’s everyone got 0?

Someone had a dream about Grant going off, which made him an absolute lock. Unfortunately sometimes we dont remeber out dreams very well and this dream actually turned out to be a nightmare! PPD

• Yeoman

Jarrett Allen had 58 dk points tonight.

On nine shots.

• RipCityRings

Such a frustrating slate. 50% Monk at 1.1% on FD for a 43 spot, 7.5x Nerlens at 0.1%, fully faded chalk LaMelo, just massive value squandered because teams can’t figure out if they’re playing 5 minutes before the scheduled start time. Wouldn’t have taken anything down because I had too much Lonzo, but those barely-owned punts smashing are so hard to replicate, much less multiple in the same lineup. Also had 11x Wagner at like 0.16% last night.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).