8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 5 ) at Cleveland ( -5 ) — T: 223.5
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 10 ) at Milwaukee ( -10 ) — T: 235
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -5 ) at Oklahoma City ( 5 ) — T: 224.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 3.5 ) at Chicago ( -3.5 ) — T: 218.5
    8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 3.5 ) at New Orleans ( -3.5 ) — T: 232.5
    8:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 3 ) at San Antonio ( -3 ) — T:
    8:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 1 ) at Dallas ( -1 ) — T:
    9:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 9.5 ) at Denver ( -9.5 ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• scorer79

@monarch said...

I always make it a point to play Lonzo vs Deaaron Fox. As an anti narrative guy Lonzo gets up for this game as sort of a way to prove he is not total dust in comparison.

Loved Lonzo before this post. I might be playing Ball squared if Rozier is out or limited. If Rozier is full go, FD reduced his price enough that I would go back to him.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@superjon said...

Because I think his ceiling is 30-35.

I know that’s 10x, but I don’t think it does me any good if someone in that 5k-8k range goes off for 50+

If he goes for 35 at 4k and 3.6k you will need him

• ifthethunder

@feekdogg said...

Why did DeRozan dud so bad against Memphis last time out?

No idea, but here’s what DK says:

ANALYSIS: Perhaps it was the effect of the back-to-back game, but DeRozan was a nonfactor in Saturday’s loss. It was DeRozan’s worst scoring performance of the year as he seemed stymied by the Grizzlies’ defense. Since DeRozan is a very point-dependent fantasy option, he will sometimes see games like this when he’s unable to find a basket.”

I’ve had good luck and very bad luck with Deandre Ayton, but he did well against Dallas Saturday so I think I’ll try him for one of my 3.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/deandre-ayton-dk-game-log-this-season
    ~

• feekdogg

I can’t stand playing Will Barton, but he’s 4K on FD.

• Bodiaz36

Yeah, just noticed Barton’s price over there. If Harris is ruled out, he should be more involved offensively and won’t have to do much to pay off that salary. I like Porter too but will probably play more Barton for the savings

• scorer79

@Bodiaz36 said...

Yeah, just noticed Barton’s price over there. If Harris is ruled out, he should be more involved offensively and won’t have to do much to pay off that salary. I like Porter too but will probably play more Barton for the savings

Projects for 25pts at 4K. That’s a cash lock.

• ripking

Bobby Portis versus Melo and hopefully garbage time minutes

• NarrowJ

Have seen the min price free square with 70% ownership disappoint and still be in the winning lineup. Has happened a few times just going off memory. I always try to get just above the field on those plays.

• Njsum1

@NarrowJ said...

Have seen the min price free square with 70% ownership disappoint and still be in the winning lineup. Has happened a few times just going off memory. I always try to get just above the field on those plays.

Quick lesson learned, then, I’ll address your point.

Although the Sixers got lucky last night, they generally suck without Embiid, and will normally spend the game in catchup mode, so the starting center often becomes obsolete in that game script. The back up center tends to do well, yet they could choose to go no center if it gets bad. If Dwight starts and they get blown out, TB will get run in garbage time, yet if TB starts and they get blown out, not sure if Dwight gets that run Cause he’s old and he’s part of the regular rotation.

Next time Embiid misses, I’ll be between 35-50% the starter, and will have between 15-25% the backup. Playing them together is no good for GPP’s, might work for cash though.

Now to your point, I was 100% TB yesterday, and still made money in DK GPP’s, with my best lineup at 5x. So if a player is cheap enough, that lineup can still do well, yet it’s unlikely (although possible) you take one down with a bust, even if said bust is only 3k. 🤷‍♂️

• Bodiaz36

Anybody else riding the Thaddeus Young train until it derails? He’s playing some good ball and nothing scary about this matchup

• jv21

@tmarohl said...

New month, new opportunities to take one down!

Me too, good luck to both of us!

• frugal

@Bodiaz36 said...

Anybody else riding the Thaddeus Young train until it derails? He’s playing some good ball and nothing scary about this matchup

Been playing him every night since Carter’s been out.

• jv21

New month, so time to focus and win.

I have 3 tickets so far to the each of FD contest on 3/3 & 3/11. I am going to focus on winning tickets to possibly max enter them.

• dopeshushi61

RG Overall Ranking

I need my Noto grind down :(

• Njsum1

@superjon said...

Not going near Hayes if Adams is out.

Why, he’s 4k with upside 🤷‍♂️. It’s not like Adams shoots a lot, so Hayes will be similar to playing Adams at a 1200-1400 discount. Rebounds and hustle stats, couple of put backs. He not an all in, yet 20-35 DK is realistic.

FWIW…Adams is a tough dude and rarely misses games. So history suggests, that unless he’s really injured he’ll give it a go tonight.

• frugal

If there’s enough value stacking Giannis and Jokic may lead to a solid win. Below that tier Drummond, Zion, Bam, & Randle all look good. Feels like another day to pay up for bigs, though there may be some key value in that range as well.

• tmarohl

@dopeshushi61 said...

I need my Noto grind down :(

It’s up

• Bodiaz36

My initial tendency is to go more balanced tonight, mixing in a Lebron, Giannis, Luka/Dame here and there. I don’t feel like Nugs need a ceiling game from Jokic tonight to put away Detroit, but who knows. If he only gets you 50, there are 3 or 4 C’s below him who can match that

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Gary Harris (adductor) ruled out Monday. https://t.co/ZA3wjPWxon

• frugal

@theIrrigator said...

Gary Harris (adductor) ruled out Monday. https://t.co/ZA3wjPWxon

Probably a boost to Morris, though maybe it’s just MPJ getting even more usage in the 2nd unit.

• Njsum1

@frugal said...

If there’s enough value stacking Giannis and Jokic may lead to a solid win

Both those games could easily blow out as well.

ABC has been playing HUGE minutes, might be one of the games where he goes 5x in like 28 minutes, yet really doesn’t give you a ceiling. Might have to run back with a piston or blazer if Giannis or Jokic are going to hit GPP value 🤷‍♂️

• frugal

@Njsum1 said...

Both those games could easily blow out as well.

ABC has been playing HUGE minutes, might be one of the games where he goes 5x in like 28 minutes, yet really doesn’t give you a ceiling. Might have to run back with a piston or blazer if Giannis or Jokic are going to hit GPP value 🤷‍♂️

Of course both could blowout. Chances are good though in a blowout it’s those guys destroying early. That said, I’ve not dug into the slate at all yet, been busy with other stuff, just took a look at things.

• billythekidcowboysheat

Will the pistons actually put up a fight tonight? I wanna go back to grant and plumlee revenge, but they burned me bad in gs.

• Njsum1

@frugal said...

Chances are good though in a blowout it’s those guys destroying early

I’m relatively confident that Giannis can get 55 DK points even in 28 minutes. Where I’m a little concerned, and I know that teams don’t play strict man to man defense, is that Dame will have to go off to make this a game, and Jrue simply has his number.

I’ll probably make 1 stack of Giannis and Dame, and see if the unlikely happens.

• frugal

@Njsum1 said...

I’m relatively confident that Giannis can get 55 DK points even in 28 minutes. Where I’m a little concerned, and I know that teams don’t play strict man to man defense, is that Dame will have to go off to make this a game, and Jrue simply has his number.

I’ll probably make 1 stack of Giannis and Dame, and see if the unlikely happens.

Yeah…just doing even the bare min research I think I’m going to want Zion today which will prevent me from rostering Giannis.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).