8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 5 ) at Cleveland ( -5 ) — T: 223.5
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 10 ) at Milwaukee ( -10 ) — T: 235
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -5 ) at Oklahoma City ( 5 ) — T: 224.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 3.5 ) at Chicago ( -3.5 ) — T: 218.5
    8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 3.5 ) at New Orleans ( -3.5 ) — T: 232.5
    8:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 3 ) at San Antonio ( -3 ) — T:
    8:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 1 ) at Dallas ( -1 ) — T:
    9:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 9.5 ) at Denver ( -9.5 ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Panther85

Fox just lit up NO for 77 FD points 2 weeks ago. I don’t think Ball played, but does that really matter? Lot’s of Fox tonight!!

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

Of course both could blowout. Chances are good though in a blowout it’s those guys destroying early. That said, I’ve not dug into the slate at all yet, been busy with other stuff, just took a look at things.

It’s been the Bucks getting blown out the last few games. Dying by the three pointer, and Portland has enough of them to make life miserable. Lillard, Trent, Simons, Carmello and the best player in the history of the NBA in Robert Covington :). So what I am saying is, if Portland is crushing their threes, this will be another Giannis ceiling game. if they are not, then Giannis may not get there.

• wysteria

Lillard is a fade for me tonight. Playing against Washington tomorrow. Beef with Russwest…
    Fox born at New Orleans. Him and Lamelo should feast tonight!
    Back to Drummond and Edwards. Love Portis if Giannis out

• NarrowJ

@Njsum1 said...

Now to your point, I was 100% TB yesterday, and still made money in DK GPP’s, with my best lineup at 5x. So if a player is cheap enough, that lineup can still do well, yet it’s unlikely (although possible) you take one down with a bust, even if said bust is only 3k. 🤷‍♂️

Yes, totally. I went 80% Bradley because I wanted a 20% Howard safety net, just given my prior experience with those two this season.

A couple of years ago I actually placed 3rd and won $10k in a $3 contest while getting 13 fp from a 70% owned min price Maureese Speights at the C position. He was also on the roster of the 2 guys that finished ahead of me. (this was way back when the main contest was cheap and was called the “Sharpshooter” or something like that).

• tmarohl

@wysteria said...

Lillard is a fade for me tonight. Playing against Washington tomorrow. Beef with Russwest…
    Fox born at New Orleans. Him and Lamelo should feast tonight!
    Back to Drummond and Edwards. Love Portis if Giannis out

Giannis is probable.

• tmarohl

Pat C revenge game :)

• wysteria

@tmarohl Yes i know, but in case he’s out, i will play Portis Time!

• frugal

@wysteria said...

@tmarohl Yes i know, but in case he’s out, i will play Portis Time!

Actually, isn’t Portis the guy you want in a blowout as he’ll see extended minutes without the big 3 on the floor?

• miggs6876

@frugal said...

Actually, isn’t Portis the guy you want in a blowout as he’ll see extended minutes without the big 3 on the floor?

Portis will see extra min in a blowout. You are correct. In close games Portis is a fade. He is playable tonight for sure. I never seem to go there. Doubt he makes my lineup.

• factorial89

question. re these high rollers who play contests with entry fees of 26200-10600-5300 etc. do they just have huge bankrolls or do they have stakers backers venture capital and the like.some of these players treat 25k like it is beer money.

• Njsum1

@factorial89 said...

question. re these high rollers who play contests with entry fees of 26200-10600-5300 etc. do they just have huge bankrolls or do they have stakers backers venture capital and the like.some of these players treat 25k like it is beer money.

I’d guess some of both. Some may have grinded up huge bankrolls, others may get some backing or be independently wealthy.

Yet I don’t think anyone on this message board plays those kind of stakes, so you’re unlikely to find a definitive answer here.

• realphipps

My $20 a night on DFS/parlays is all self-financed.

But I am actively seeking investors.

• NarrowJ

Yeah people have done dumber stuff with money. I read an article once about the top 10 biggest mobile game spenders. Some guy spent $2M on a mobile app called Modern Warfare. At least if DFS is your hobby you can win some of that back LOL.

• tmarohl

FantasyLabs NBA
    @FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    7m
    Juancho Hernangomez (injury management) available to play in emergency Monday.

My question, what is considered an emergency?

• frugal

@NarrowJ said...

Yeah people have done dumber stuff with money. I read an article once about the top 10 biggest mobile game spenders. Some guy spent $2M on a mobile app called Modern Warfare. At least if DFS is your hobby you can win some of that back LOL.

COD Modern Warfare is cross platform but I guess they have a mobile version too. Actually, competitive video games are now big money. Kinda crazy really. Last year there was a COD tourney with $1.5 Mil to the first place team.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

FantasyLabs NBA
    @FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    7m

I would guess everyone getting hurt or fouling out

• feekdogg

@tmarohl said...

FantasyLabs NBA
    @FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    7m

If everyone else fouls out. They like the minutes they’re getting from Jaden McDaniels and Vanderbilt. Juancho isn’t playing.

• NarrowJ

@frugal said...

COD Modern Warfare is cross platform but I guess they have a mobile version too.

I may have butchered the name of the app, it was some military/war game though, I recall. Maybe I was just thinking of COD when I wrote that. The guy’s name was Stephen Barnes and it said he was an appliance store owner.

• badgers1234

Blowout? Guess it’s all in how you define a blowout. To me a blowout is when a team throws in the towel with the top players on the bench. The Bucks past two games were close with 2-3 mins left. He knows it’s his team and losing the past 2 games won’t sit well with Giannis. He will be a man possessed. I would expect a huge game from him tonight.

• Bodiaz36

Haha, I can get on board with the “Juancho in an emergency” narrative tonight

• tmarohl

@badgers1234 said...

Blowout? Guess it’s all in how you define a blowout. To me a blowout is when a team throws in the towel with the top players on the bench. The Bucks past two games were close with 2-3 mins left. He knows it’s his team and losing the past 2 games won’t sit well with Giannis. He will be a man possessed. I would expect a huge game from him tonight.

I meant that they were down more than 20 in both of those games, which required a lot of Giannis to close the gap. I guess I shouldn’t have said blowout.

• Ace15

Play RoCo and Trent if you want Money. RoCo is going to have his Royce Oneale game. I’m a Bucks fan, trust me Bud won’t change anything.

• dopeshushi61

RG Overall Ranking

@factorial89 said...

Most likely just high bankroll. I don’t think any players would be able to get backed that kind of money for gambling, maybe the top .0001 percent but still likely not. I play 5-10k a day

• Njsum1

@badgers1234 said...

What does the last 2 bucks games have to do with tonight? Giannis had huge games and the Bucks lost. If he’s all about winning, maybe they figure out that other guys need big games. 🤷‍♂️

I agree, IF the game is close, Giannis can have a HUGE game. If it’s a blowout, Giannis can have a nice game…maybe 55-60 DK points in 28 minutes. He’s 11k, if you look at the Bucks Blowouts, he hasn’t done enough to return GPP value on an 11k salary in those games.

So while, there are paths to a monster game, there are also paths to a let down.

• Bodiaz36

Am I the only one who likes some big Al Horford tonight? I know it’s never a sexy pick, but he’s been delivering some big, efficient lines recently

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).