• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

3:00 PM EST : Portland ( 0 ) at Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    3:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 7 ) at Philadelphia ( -7 ) —- T: 234
    6:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at Sacramento ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( -2.5 ) at Atlanta ( 2.5 ) —- T: 223
    8:30 PM EST : Miami ( 14 ) at Golden State ( -14 ) —- T: 221

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• grb4079

@DirkDigglerz said...

Perfect time to go Embiid!!!!

Guys Don’t Forget To Join Week 9 of the $1 Yahoo RG League.. 29/50 spots filled Get Yours Now :

https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/league/16769/overview

Test Your Skill Top Prizes for the winners. Starts TODAY

I’m in. DVDA is my name on yahoo.

• tommykarate

why would FD not start the main slate at 6pm to get an extra game, as well as it being a 230 total? I dont get it..

• mtdurham

@ASitar said...

And I was simply asking if it is or isn’t a revenge game for him. I don’t follow the NBA as close as some others on here. I wasn’t saying, “Heads up! Revenge game!” Sometimes going back to where they got traded from DOES impact their performance. Just asking if this was the case here. Sheesh, talk about getting blasted for a fair question.

I wasn’t blasting you. I was saying I don’t think that’s a good reason for the play but I do think there is reason to believe he is a good fit in LAL and that he may emerge as a core rotation piece.

The Lakers have already shown a propensity to go small with Lebron & Kuzma frontlines. And Muscala is a much better post defender and rebounder than Kyle Kuzma. He also offers every bit as much (if not more honestly) floor spacing as Kuzma does.

Lebron needs to be surrounded by elite shooters to excel in this league. So far he’s been surrounded by anything but that and predictably it hasn’t worked at all. He’s lost too much athleticism and the league has shifted more towards defenses that are better equipped to limit his drives to the basket with rangy wings and mobile rim protectors. That’s why you see him getting blocked, turning it over frequently, and missing bunnies all the time the last two years… Things that didn’t use to really happen…

For all I know you just started watching basketball 2 months ago when i first started frequenting the board and you weren’t aware Muscala barely had a cup of coffee in Philadelphia and used to be an absolute knockdown shooter when utilized correctly in Atlanta by Budenholzer (a guy who is admittedly best known for producing off-the-charts outlier 3-pt% shooting from rotation pieces that doesn’t seem to translate to their new teams).

No need to confuse my tone for condescension. Unless you’re dating a girl from Pittsburgh or something…it was simply meant to be informative…

The fact that the Lakers cut Michael Beasley and traded away Zubac (two guys who were totally unplayable with Lebron) and traded for Mike Muscala and Reggie Bullock (two great fits that were predictably unheralded by the media covering a sport they know nothing about) just goes to show the Laker in charge of making decisions is someone who has a basketball mind and NOT Magic Johnson or Rob Pelinka anymore.

I suspect Jeannie solicited advice from both Lebron James and Luke Walton, (two guys who have forgotten more about modern basketball than Pelinka & Johnson have ever known) and then acted upon it.

Otherwise, how do you explain such a radical shift in philosophy from the off-season to the deadline deals?

The Lakers went from trying to surround Lebron with washed up veterans who can’t shoot a lick to guys like Reggie Bullock and Mike Muscala?

That’s not a Magic Johnson move. That much I am certain of. He would have doubled down and traded for a retro 80’s center like Jahlil Okafor or a washed up veteran with “Playoff Experience” like Avery Bradley.

• DirkDigglerz

@grb4079 said...

I’m in. DVDA is my name on yahoo.

Thanks for Joining man.. I see you 👍

• blue

@superjon said...

I need there to be no big news for the 2 gamer tonight. Got the perfect core

Trae – DJ – Durant – Neck Tat

Who is neck tat?

• gaelicgirl

@blue said...

Who is neck tat?

• monarch

Nurkic is a good play. Dallas surrendered 80 points in the paint last game. That’s the most I remember all season.

• ASitar

@blue said...

Who is neck tat?

I like Nexk Tat a lot, but going Vuc over Durant w Whiteside.

• superjon

@ASitar said...

I like Nexk Tat a lot, but going Vuc over Durant w Whiteside.

Center is tough. No one in a smash spot.

• monarch

The Lakers have too many guys today. I count eleven with Bullock and Muscala entering the rotation. Really kills KCP/Hart/Stephenson and hurts Ingram a bit.

• jayzee666

@mtdurham said...

I tried to get an early jump on these slates over the course of the last few hours but without solid injury/inactives and/or point spreads/totals for many of the games on 3 ridiculously short slates there wasnt really a lot to look at lol….

I mean don’t get me wrong I love NBA DFS. But when you’ve had Dorian Finney-Smith player card up for the last 13 mnutes at 4:30 AM , 11 hours before lineup lock on a 2-game slate and you don’t even have a point spread to work with… you need help

I have a real firm handle now on his on/off the court numbers with Jalen Brunson & Dwight Powell vs. J.J. Barea and Salah Mejri though now let me tell ya….lots of edge to be had with that.

Equipped with that information and a cup of coffee I could change the world. And I’d start by pouring the coffee down the drain because I don’t like coffee and I’m well stocked with 200mg caffeine pills at virtually all times.

The first Sunday of the year without the NFL and THIS is what we have to work with? A 3-game NBA slate?

If I wanted to sleep on Sunday afternoons I’d eat a big bowl of pasta then put on a soccer game. Whose idea was this?

Just kidding. Love this early slate actually, just trying to scare off all the ‘regs’. Yep guys it’s a good day to go check out the power tools at Home Depot and hang those drapes your wife bought. Don’t mind me over here winning $100,000 with Luka Doncic!

Cliff notes??
    Doncic is the worst play of the day………. Cuz I will be playing him in all lineups. When I play someone in all LUs(or just one LU for that matter), they tend to have a snowflake symbol next to their name at end of day.

• Ace15

MTD killing it today lol haha. Locking in nurkic

• siddom

@Ace15 said...

MTD killing it today lol haha. Locking in nurkic

on dk embiid on fd nurk

• ripking

Luke walton has a lot of new toys to play with. Makes his rotations even more crazy. Not sure anyone on the 76’s will hit value with everyone on this team. seems like throwing a dart. Embiid might be the only one worth mentioning.

No Trey again? Wow. Should be the Chalk.

• lovpink

@superjon said...

@ASitar said…

Center is tough. No one in a smash spot.

Vuc Embiid I woudn’t play whiteside on the road and a 14 point dog

• monarch

@ripking said...

Luke walton has a lot of new toys to play with. Makes his rotations even more crazy. Not sure anyone on the 76’s will hit value with everyone on this team. seems like throwing a dart. Embiid might be the only one worth mentioning.

I’m a sucker for Butler…his assist rate is climbing with the shift to point guard and the Lakers allow a lot of them. Simmons is the one who is really suffering with the additions and shift in style of play. So that of course means that Ben will get a 22 point triple double today with blocks and steals.

• damionismyname

@mtdurham said...

Mike Muscala is from Roseville, Minnesota and went to Bucknell University.

The last time Mike Muscala exacted revenge on anyone it was sinking his elder brother’s Battleship in the 3rd grade.

I really hate revenge narratives. NBA players get upset if a team lowballs them in contract negotiations or they trade them to a city that has less attractive women.

Have you ever been to Philadelphia? I mean when it comes to hot women it’s not a barren wasteland like Pittsburgh or anything, but it ain’t exactly Los Angeles.

Muscala’s Revenge sounds like a Pirate Ship at an amusement park, not a sound DFS angle to exploit.

I do think he’s a good fit with Lebron because he can shoot. That’s more than I can say about anyone the Lakers front office signed this off-season.

I’m from Pittsburgh, women don’t look as bad as you make them out, maybe in West Virginia. Not NYC or Cali but still better than North Carolina imo.

• Ace15

Embidd questionable….

• Petergunz82

@monarch said...

I’m a sucker for Butler…his assist rate is climbing with the shift to point guard and the Lakers allow a lot of them. Simmons is the one who is really suffering with the additions and shift in style of play. So that of course means that Ben will get a 22 point triple double today with blocks and steals.

I like them both, 8200 for Ben, 7200 for Butler in a nationwide game. Seems reasonable for upside in the 50s

• RandysCrow

@damionismyname said...

I’m from Pittsburgh, women don’t look as bad as you make them out, maybe in West Virginia. Not NYC or Cali but still better than North Carolina imo.

Hey we have some lookers here in NC!!!

• damionismyname

@RandysCrow said...

Hey we have some lookers here in NC!!!

• jess701

I will take some of them women down near Miami area!

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Anyone else hoping Embiid just sits so we can lock in CJ, LBJ, Butler, Harris, and The Boban and move on to the evening main slate?

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@damionismyname said...

Hey, I’m from NC! Our women are very much…

…wait, I married a Florida girl. Carry on.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.